Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
OP Offline
L
So, the hackers have allegedly threatened AM with releasing all of their User Data if they do not shut down their site.

LTL

S
S
Okay: which one of you MB computer nerds did this? Own up!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
L
L
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Okay: which one of you MB computer nerds did this? Own up!

There ain't nobody here but us dustballs rotflmao

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
P
P
This is criminal hackery at it's finest.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
M
M
It appears to have been an inside job and there end goal isn't money/blackmail; but, rather, the shutting down of the website completely.

They intend to release more and more data daily until AM is shut down and AM was just about to go public. So sad.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hack-brief-attackers-spill-user-data-cheating-site-ashley-madison/

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
P
P
Criminal blackmail never had such a worthy cause.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
J
J
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
So, the hackers have allegedly threatened AM with releasing all of their User Data if they do not shut down their site.

LTL

Here's my conspiracy theory:
A leading Presidential candidate (or spouse) uses the AM website to meet women. The Chinese spy agencies discovered this and linked it to a government email account.
Meanwhile, a rival Presidential candidate's chief of staff has been approached with this info by the Chinese and deals are being made behind the scenes to bury the candidate in scandal.
The Chinese have their own motives and a free calling card as a result of this favor to the rival candidate.

M
M
It appears all the info is out there now....

Originally Posted by msn reports
Impact Team, the hacking collective that recently made headlines by absconding with the personal data of some 37 million customers, has made good on previous threats to release the information. On Tuesday, the group dumped 9.7 GB worth of data onto the Dark Web, a semi-anonymized corner of the Internet only accessible using a special Tor browser and Onion router. The data set appears to include account details and log-ins as well as credit card and payment transaction details. The hackers reportedly pulled the data from Ashley Madison's servers despite the company offering a $19 "Full Delete" service that supposedly scrubbed former users' data from the site.

"Avid Life Media has failed to take down Ashley Madison and Established Men," Impact Team wrote in a statement Tuesday. "We have explained the fraud, deceit, and stupidity of ALM and their members. Now everyone gets to see their data ... Keep in mind the site is a scam with thousands of fake female profiles. See ashley madison fake profile lawsuit; 90-95% of actual users are male. Chances are your man signed up on the world's biggest affair site, but never had one. He just tried to. If that distinction matters."

The hackers also has some condescending advice to users whose information has been leaked. "Find yourself in here? It was ALM that failed you and lied to you. Prosecute them and claim damages. Then move on with your life. Learn your lesson and make amends. Embarrassing now, but you'll get over it." See? The Impact Team isn't the bunch of a**hats you think they are -- cowards who will willingly disrupt the financial and personal lives of 37 million people just to make a point about a website they don't like -- it's actually all one big teachable moment.

SOURCE LINK

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
R
R
I'm glad they posted everyone's info. Teach them all a lesson for being on there.

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
B
I totally agree. When I read this yesterday, my hope was that people on the "Dark Web" would find a way to copy and paste on the web, at least the names and cities. Maybe a few people out there will realize that there are consequences for their behavior. wink

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
M
M
Ashley Madison be mad and it's funny how much they sound like every typical exposed wayward.

Ashley Madison said: �This event is not an act of hacktivism, it is an act of criminality. It is an illegal action against the individual members of AshleyMadison.com, as well as any freethinking people who choose to engage in fully lawful online activities.�

�The criminal, or criminals, involved in this act have appointed themselves as the moral judge, juror and executioner, seeing fit to impose a personal notion of virtue on all of society. We will not sit idly by and allow these thieves to force their personal ideology on citizens around the world.�

On another note, anyone watch WWE or MAA? Turns out the stormyk is a completely fictitious story. So much for the claim of complete integrity.

N
N
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Ashley Madison be mad and it's funny how much they sound like every typical exposed wayward.

Ashley Madison said: �This event is not an act of hacktivism, it is an act of criminality. It is an illegal action against the individual members of AshleyMadison.com, as well as any freethinking people who choose to engage in fully lawful online activities.�

�The criminal, or criminals, involved in this act have appointed themselves as the moral judge, juror and executioner, seeing fit to impose a personal notion of virtue on all of society. We will not sit idly by and allow these thieves to force their personal ideology on citizens around the world.�

Scum of the earth. There are no words.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
M
M
Originally Posted by MrWondering

Why not? They are quite willing to foist their notion of virtue on us, with all the typical values of waywards: privacy, secrecy, dishonesty, unfaithfulness, etc.

BTW, apparently the customers at AM are 95% male. Most of the female accounts are fake. Rather than affairs, the real AM business model is scamming would be wayward men.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
J
J
Its not just am website.
a few years ago i recall a major "online datin" site was sued for having employees write to male clients pretending to be single females .

M
M
Here's a link to a website that purports to search the database for any suspected email of you or your spouse to see if it's been compromised???

http://www.trustify.info/check

P
P
I found my WW and OM #2 in the data dump. I knew they had been on the site so it was no surprise. Still, I hadn't read her profile information before and I didn't know the exact date she joined it, so there was some new information. All of it was grim and sad information, of course.

Last edited by Pius; 08/20/15 05:31 PM.

DDay - July 25, 2013
DDay #2 - January 27, 2014
DDay #3 - June 29, 2014
BS - Me, 39
WW - Her, 36
5 kids
Married 17 yrs.
P
P
If anyone wants me to search the data dump for them, I downloaded it all and can do it for you. If you want to download the data yourself, special software is required and I can advise how to do that too.

DDay - July 25, 2013
DDay #3 - June 29, 2014
BS - Me, 39
WW - Her, 36
5 kids
Married 17 yrs.
P
P
Wow, more Ashley Madison news. Apparently a second data dump has been released. Also Josh Duggar has admitted to having an account on Ashley Madison and being unfaithful to his wife. This is SO SAD. I truly admired the Duggars and the Christian example they seemed to be setting. But to see such blatant hypocrisy on the part of Josh does nothing but give the secularists ammunition to fire against Christians and makes us all look bad, in a way.

DDay - July 25, 2013
DDay #3 - June 29, 2014
BS - Me, 39
WW - Her, 36
5 kids
Married 17 yrs.
P
P
It's very sad news to hear, but at the same time ... Josh Duggar is no more a sinner than I. He is no more a hypocrite than I.

Because of that, I don't really worry about him making Christians look bad. No Christian is perfect. Any Christian who claims to be perfect is guilty of the sin of pride. In order for Josh to make Christians look bad, Christians would have to be perfect.

I worry less about him making Christians look bad, and more about his wife. If this is news to her, she must be extraordinary devastated. And I hope she finds the help we all know she needs.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
Because of that, I don't really worry about him making Christians look bad. No Christian is perfect. Any Christian who claims to be perfect is guilty of the sin of pride. In order for Josh to make Christians look bad, Christians would have to be perfect.

Where does this crazy idea come from that Christians are supposed to be perfect? My word, it is Christians who claim they are all sinners, not secularists. Just because a Christian believes in standards of right and wrong is not a claim of perfection.

Our culture holds Christians to this false standard of perfection and then judges them when they fail the false standard.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation