Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
A
A
Originally Posted by needinput
Just called the IG. I was told if I do not have any pictures or absolute proof nothing can be done pretty much. I guess we will see.

Did you tell the IG office that you had an email confession of adultery?

Now, you say that someone will be calling back to interview you. What you have told us about your interaction with the IG has varied.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by WrestlerChemist
Your first post about the IG looked like you kind of just brushed it off, like he said you need proof and you were like ok well I don't have any pictures...

Melody is just making this statement because it seems like you are lacking the energy - Melody wants you to call the IG and tell him everything and don't put the phone down or hang up until they say "OK OK OK we will look into it JEEZ woman... send us what you got." Then after that I would add "I got some emails between my husband and that prostitute!if its a prostitute at all! I think its someone in his COMPANY! IS that enough evidence? How are you letting this happen!" etc.

I want to make something clear - the email is between me and him NOT him and his AP.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by armymama
Just called the IG. I was told if I do not have any pictures or absolute proof nothing can be done pretty much. I guess we will see.

Did you tell the IG office that you had an email confession of adultery?

Now, you say that someone will be calling back to interview you. What you have told us about your interaction with the IG has varied.

I did tell them that I have an email in which he confesses. The guy from the IG office told me a Sgt. will call me back and ask me further questions.

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I doubt it is a prostitute. He is more likely protecting a coworker. They can uncover this in their investigation.

She is a bar girl. Other soldiers from his unit have seen her.

I don't know what this means. I thought she was a prostitute? And does this mean you have spoken to other soldiers and they know her? If so, why don't you have her name?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N
I doubt it is a prostitute. He is more likely protecting a coworker. They can uncover this in their investigation.

She is a bar girl. Other soldiers from his unit have seen her.

I don't know what this means. I thought she was a prostitute? And does this mean you have spoken to other soldiers and they know her? If so, why don't you have her name?

She works in a bar outside of a military base. Typically these women are involved in prostitution. Google "juicy girls South Korea". I saw some texts from her to my husband on his phone, and I know her name - my husband told me that is her bar name. You know how all Asian people have their names and then add an English name for ease of pronunciation. Well, I saw her English name and her picture. Several guys and my husband have gone out to a bar and my husband and her talked. My husband told me many of the guys in his unit know my husband cheated. Obviously the guys who were with him that night know he cheated with her.I know one of the guys who has seen her and he confirmed with me the same name as I saw in this chat. I do not know anyone else in the unit.

M
M
I would be sure and give this info to the commander or the IG, whomever interviews you. I would be very surprised if he is leaving you for this woman. I still think he is protecting someone else. You can ask the commander and the IG to investigate and confirm the OW for you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
Agree. Soldiers assigned in Korea almost never divorce their wife over a "juicy girl". Combine that information with your initial post about OW being pregnant and the likelihood of a co-worker is much more likely.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
N
OP Offline
N
I would be sure and give this info to the commander or the IG, whomever interviews you. I would be very surprised if he is leaving you for this woman. I still think he is protecting someone else. You can ask the commander and the IG to investigate and confirm the OW for you.

Will do.

N
OP Offline
N
Agree. Soldiers assigned in Korea almost never divorce their wife over a "juicy girl". Combine that information with your initial post about OW being pregnant and the likelihood of a co-worker is much more likely.

He told me she is not pregnant. But in any case, a juicy girl getting pregnant from an American soldier is much more likely because that's what she wants. She wants to get pregnant from an American soldier, because she knows she can keep the guy and marry him. In her case, she knew my husband for 2 months and tried to get pregnant from him on purpose. She thought she would lose him once he came home but my stupid husband does not realize that she is manipulating him. While he is in the US she is seeing other men. This makes much more sense to me because he spent all his deployment money on her - including the BAH and separation pay he was supposed to send me and getting paid more because he is married to me. I am starting to think he is buying out her contract out. That's probably where the money went.

Last edited by needinput; 02/23/16 06:56 PM.
N
OP Offline
N
How long does it take for them to contact me back, do you have any idea? Should I call them again tomorrow?

M
M

He told me she is not pregnant.

You need to get the facts. It is very unlikely you have anything close to the truth.

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N
I would follow up - this is slightly relevant but I contacted many people in HR through my wife's company. I told her boss - he did not respond. So I told her branch HR manager - she said "She would look into it." Then I told the Vice President of Human relations of her company - who also said "they would investigate further." Then I told the HR manager of his region - who also said "they would look into it"... all of this eventually led back to OM and my wife so I know that eventually one of those people confronted them.

Long story short - make sure you are just being silenced... follow up (it can be polite). Be relentless laugh

So what was the outcome in your case? What do you mean by your last sentence? You mean keep calling the IG or commander for updates?

W
W
So what was the outcome in your case? What do you mean by your last sentence? You mean keep calling the IG or commander for updates?

Yes call for updates.

My circumstance is not yet over. My wife's affair began in Oct 2015. My thread is "My situation"

N
OP Offline
N

Yes call for updates.

My circumstance is not yet over. My wife's affair began in Oct 2015. My thread is "My situation"

My husband's affair started around August 2015 - this is what he says but he started acting out like an alien in January this year after I found out about his affair and exposed it to family and friends. I had a feeling however last year that something was wrong but I pushed it to the side thinking he would never do this to me. He completely transformed into a different person when he told me she could be pregnant and had to come back home. The past several times I talked to him on the phone he was angry at me telling me I was bothering him and yelling at me on the phone. Typical wayward behavior! Telling be he is actually very happy and that he loves himself, he acknowledges what he has done is selfish and tells me "but I want to be with her", "but I have very strong feelings for her", "she is my soulmate". I told him this is addiction and lust but he does not listen.

Last edited by needinput; 02/23/16 08:27 PM.
M
M
[I told him this is addiction and lust but he does not listen.

I am sure he already knows this. He knows he is addicted and he already knows he feels lust for her. That is the basis of most romantic relationships.

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N

Yes call for updates.

How did your wife react to the work exposure?

W
W

Yes call for updates.

How did your wife react to the work exposure?

hahah.... well...

she got fired or quit... she moved to another state and stopped talking to every one she ever loved. She has a big dosage of reality right now. She filed for divorce.

But - everyone knows now that I am for my marriage. Everyone knows that I still love my wife and very much want to reconcile. She cannot lie to her family and friends, because I already told them.

She is trapped.

those are the things exposure grants you... Otherwise, she probably still leaves me. I remain quiet and she lies to everyone, tells them I am abusive and what not... blah. Then I am the one trapped.

Last edited by WrestlerChemist; 02/23/16 09:31 PM.
L
L
But - everyone knows now that I am for my marriage. Everyone knows that I still love my wife and very much want to reconcile. She cannot lie to her family and friends, because I already told them.

She is trapped.

those are the things exposure grants you... Otherwise, she probably still leaves me. I remain quiet and she lies to everyone, tells them I am abusive and what not... blah. Then I am the one trapped.

Very similar to my story, except my WW was able to turn a few people against me despite the facts. (I included her and OM's adulterous emails in my Exposure email). Those Enablers chose to ignore the facts and bought her revisionist history. However, they also admitted to me that WW is a fool for abandoning her family after I proved to them that she was still in contact with OM even though she swore to them she's not.

I'm pretty sure I would have been in the same boat had I just kept quiet and bore it. The timeline may have changed but the end results will probably be the same, with me being blamed as "controlling and abusive" for WW to justify leaving the marriage.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
N
OP Offline
N
WrestlerChemist, I just read some of your thread. Your wife was furious when you exposed to family and friends. My husband did not seem too upset about it - he just stopped communicating with everyone and kept to himself and the OW. When his mom or friend call him he mentions nothing of the affair. I am not sure what is the right approach - people confronting him or not. His mom told me she does not want to alienate him so she will not talk to him about the OW. When I told family and friends, only his mom and friend contacted him the same day and that's how he realized that I have told them. No one else has contacted him but I made sure he knows who I have contacted. He told me: "You have told such and such person about it". I said nothing. I guess the fact that soldiers in his unit know what he is doing and they just let it happen, gives him a free card to continue with the affair and he thinks it is ok and acceptable. I am about to call the IG for an update and find out why no one has contacted me yet. I have asked my parents and my brother to send him an email asking him to stop the affair but they did not do it. Do you think they should go ahead and do it?

Last edited by needinput; 02/24/16 10:18 AM.
W
W
WrestlerChemist, I just read some of your thread. Your wife was furious when you exposed to family and friends. My husband did not seem too upset about it - he just stopped communicating with everyone and kept to himself and the OW. When his mom or friend call him he mentions nothing of the affair. I am not sure what is the right approach - people confronting him or not. His mom told me she does not want to alienate him so she will not talk to him about the OW. When I told family and friends, only his mom and friend contacted him the same day and that's how he realized that I have told them. No one else has contacted him but I made sure he knows who I have contacted. He told me: "You have told such and such person about it". I said nothing. I guess the fact that soldiers in his unit know what he is doing and they just let it happen, gives him a free card to continue with the affair and he thinks it is ok and acceptable. I am about to call the IG for an update and find out why no one has contacted me yet.

Just remember - if he stops talking to other people, it will require him to get his emotional fixes from this "bar girl" (if it is at all). The thing you have to realize is that this affair is complete and total fantasy to him - its built on lies and likely will not last. The more friends and family know, the more the fantasy becomes reality and begins to crash.

My wife was mad because her addiction was exposed to people she cares about. Melody usually says its comparable to "bringing a lot of people to a crack house, it ruins your high." My wife is still very much wayward... As I am moving through this divorce case, I realize just how wayward she still is.

Do not shrug off Melody's statement - no one gets emotional needs satisfied by a prostitute/bar girl... I am starting to think it could be a woman he works with as well.

Great job planning to follow up with the IG. I know doing all this is hard. Hang in there...

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation