Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
L
L
Originally Posted by NickS
True, yes. But the connector on the phone's motherboard is worn out and so the screen won't connect properly. So it's either a new motherboard, or a new phone.

So even if the connector is not broken, you won't be able to get into the phone without the pass code right?

Maybe time to move to other surveillance techniques. Do you have her iTunes password? If you have another iPhone you can restore it onto it.

You mentioned she does things on Facebook. Do you have her PW? If so you can look at all her FB Messenger history as well as her search history and the entire timeline.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
S
S
I only need it to work for a little while to get what I need off of it. If not, then oh well.

Oh well? What is your plan if you can't get it to work?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Getting hard evidence is always helpful but is not absolutely necessary when you have seen evidence with your own eyes and have received a confession. You can expose with what you have seen and heard. But in the meantime, you should get spyware on everything so can track her going forward. When you see texts, emails, etc, you should take screenshots and save the evidence.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by SugarCane
The main communication right now is Facebook on my old computer that I gave her.
If she is contacting him on a computer, put some spyware on the computer, right now.

Have you looked at his Facebook page and copied and pasted a list of his contacts into a Word document? It tells you to do this on the exposure thread. Are you going to take any specific steps to attack this affair, or are you going to continue to blog while time is being lost?
I never saw an answer to my post. You've spent time discussing what you can and can't do with a broken phone, when she is using your computer which you could put spyware on right now. Are you going to do that?

You obviously do have access to her FB messages, since you can see what they are writing to each other. Have you copied and pasted his contacts as I advised?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
The main communication right now is Facebook on my old computer that I gave her.
If she is contacting him on a computer, put some spyware on the computer, right now.

Have you looked at his Facebook page and copied and pasted a list of his contacts into a Word document? It tells you to do this on the exposure thread. Are you going to take any specific steps to attack this affair, or are you going to continue to blog while time is being lost?
I never saw an answer to my post. You've spent time discussing what you can and can't do with a broken phone, when she is using your computer which you could put spyware on right now. Are you going to do that?

You obviously do have access to her FB messages, since you can see what they are writing to each other. Have you copied and pasted his contacts as I advised?

I don't really need spyware. But I may end up just putting it on there anyway as she willfully gave me the password to her computer...unless she's changed it recently. I'm in the process of copying his contacts as we speak. He also has a girlfriend of 4 years, that should be interesting.

Last edited by NickS; 03/02/16 04:02 AM.
T
T

I don't really need spyware. But I may end up just putting it on there anyway as she willfully gave me the password to her computer...unless she's changed it recently. I'm in the process of copying his contacts as we speak. He also has a girlfriend of 4 years, that should be interesting.

You will never know if WW opens another email, social site, anything cause all she has to do is erase the history.

Better to confirm and know what WW is up to using a key logger then guessing and assuming.

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by TheRoad
You will never know if WW opens another email, social site, anything cause all she has to do is erase the history.

Better to confirm and know what WW is up to using a key logger then guessing and assuming.

The problem with a key logger is that it only records typing in one direction.

It doesn't record what's being typed from the other person.

L
L

The key logger I used took snapshots of the open window. So I was able to see both directions of the chat plus passwords as they were entered.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by living_well

The key logger I used took snapshots of the open window. So I was able to see both directions of the chat plus passwords as they were entered.

Do you happen to know the name of the keylogger? Is it undetectable from anti virus software?

I just went through her Facebook messages to her old "friend". I'm absolutely devastated by what I read...devastated. I don't see how after reading what I read, how this marriage can be saved. She seems so over it in the messages.

M
M

Originally Posted by living_well

Do you happen to know the name of the keylogger? Is it undetectable from anti virus software?

I just went through her Facebook messages to her old "friend". I'm absolutely devastated by what I read...devastated. I don't see how after reading what I read, how this marriage can be saved. She seems so over it in the messages.

Did you save the messages!!!!?????

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Is there a way to export messages from Facebook? Taking a screenshot would be rather cumbersome as it would take quite a few screenshots to capture it all. There's been alot of communication the past few days between the two.

M
M

Is there a way to export messages from Facebook? Taking a screenshot would be rather cumbersome as it would take quite a few screenshots to capture it all. There's been alot of communication the past few days between the two.

1.) Go to "m.facebook.com"
2.) Click on the conversation you want to load from day one
3.) Click "ctrl + shift + j"
4.) Then copy and paste this in there and let it load all of the message while you sit back and smile

Exposure 101

L
L

My key logger is certainly out of date by now. Go to the Operation Investigate forum and see what is current. I'm sure they all offer snapshot capabilities.

After you finish the install, run the av and set it to ignore if necessary.

Yes, snooping is deeply traumatic. Especially as what you read/hear often contains elements of truth. We call it fog babble around here. She is not of sound mind at the moment but she will recover and will then deny she ever felt this way.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N

1.) Go to "m.facebook.com"
2.) Click on the conversation you want to load from day one
3.) Click "ctrl + shift + j"
4.) Then copy and paste this in there and let it load all of the message while you sit back and smile

Okay, it's done. I have all his Facebook contacts including his girlfriend's, parents, and his sister's. And my Wife's aswell.

The only person I've told about this so far has been her Dad...he kinda gets it. But he's trying to rationalize it by saying maybe she's only "acting out".

Last edited by NickS; 03/02/16 09:18 AM.
S
S

You really don't know what you're talking about, but you seem determined to argue with us that doing all you can to bust up the affair isn't worth it, or isn't going to work in your case. You've wasted a couple of days at least, having read her FB account, but not having done anything to record the information or install spyware. Any minute now, she is going to shut you down, and you will have lost access to the only way you can know what your wife is up to.

A keylogger records what she is typing. Therefore, when she types her password to go to her email account, you can use that password to go into her account yourself, and read everything going back months. This is valuable information. You will be able to monitor her emails even if you never get access to her phone, if you know the email password. The same goes for Facebook; you know her password now, but if she changes it to stop you from looking, the keylogger will record the new password and you can use that to keep monitoring the account.

If she opens a secret email or social media account, the keylogger will show what she types and give you the means to monitor that.

A keylogger reads all the emails she sends. Usually, a sent email will be a reply to a previous email and will contain that previous email in its script. The emails between them are valuable information.

Are you going to fight this affair? If not, just say so.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N

You really don't know what you're talking about, but you seem determined to argue with us that doing all you can to bust up the affair isn't worth it, or isn't going to work in your case. You've wasted a couple of days at least, having read her FB account, but not having done anything to record the information or install spyware. Any minute now, she is going to shut you down, and you will have lost access to the only way you can know what your wife is up to.

A keylogger records what she is typing. Therefore, when she types her password to go to her email account, you can use that password to go into her account yourself, and read everything going back months. This is valuable information. You will be able to monitor her emails even if you never get access to her phone, if you know the email password. The same goes for Facebook; you know her password now, but if she changes it to stop you from looking, the keylogger will record the new password and you can use that to keep monitoring the account.

If she opens a secret email or social media account, the keylogger will show what she types and give you the means to monitor that.

A keylogger reads all the emails she sends. Usually, a sent email will be a reply to a previous email and will contain that previous email in its script. The emails between them are valuable information.

Are you going to fight this affair? If not, just say so.

You might want to read above. I stated that I just recorded everything.

If you saw the messages that I saw, and based on the lies that she's been telling me. You'd have every reason to believe it's not going to work out either. Look, I'm an emotional wreck right now. Can you blame me for thinking like this?

There's also alot of underlying traumatic issues that happened to her during her childhood that have contributed to this aswell as the way I've treated her.

But I have everything that I need to do this exposure. And yes, I'm going to do it. I'm saving everything from her computer to a USB drive right now. As detached as she is from me right now, I believe that a full exposure will only embolden her more. She claims in her messages to him that she's "single as f!uk" according to her.

Last edited by NickS; 03/02/16 09:39 AM.
M
M
[

If you saw the messages that I saw, and based on the lies that she's been telling me. You'd have every reason to believe it's not going to work out either. Look, I'm an emotional wreck right now. Can you blame me for thinking like this?

We can blame you for not listening to ppl who have been through this and are trying to help you. Please put aside you own notions and listen to us. You are distraught and lacking in an objective view. We don't have those obstacles.

There's also alot of underlying traumatic issues that happened to her during her childhood that have contributed to this aswell as the way I've treated her.

This is a needless distraction. This has nothing to do with the situation at hand.

But I have everything that I need to do this exposure. And yes, I'm going to do it. I'm saving everything from her computer to a USB drive right now. As detached as she is from me right now, I believe that a full exposure will only embolden her more. She claims in her messages to him that she's "single as f!uk" according to her.

Don't make uneducated assumptions about the power of exposure. Put aside your own ideas and follow the program.

Exposure 101

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[

We can blame you for not listening to ppl who have been through this and are trying to help you. Please put aside you own notions and listen to us. You are distraught and lacking in an objective view. We don't have those obstacles.

This is a needless distraction. This has nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Don't make uneducated assumptions about the power of exposure. Put aside your own ideas and follow the program.

I know everyone that's replied is trying to help, I understand. And I do sincerely appreciate it. I really do, I'm just dealing with alot on my plate right now. My parents are also in the process of getting a divorce aswell after almost 30 years of marriage. I'm getting hit on all sides right now and it feels like a nightmare that never ends.

What's a good keylogger to use? I was going to purchase mSpy, but sadly it shows up on your bank account as mSpy and my Wife has access to my bank account.

P
P
She claims in her messages to him that she's "single as f!uk" according to her.
Then she wouldn't be keeping secrets crazy

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Prisca
She claims in her messages to him that she's "single as f!uk" according to her.
Then she wouldn't be keeping secrets crazy

Well that's not entirely true. She flat out told me the other day that there has been some sexual talk between this guy and her. And I told her that I didn't think that was appropriate. And her response to me was, "I can talk to whoever I want to, whenever I want to, about whatever I want to". And that she feels she's not doing anything wrong because she considers herself single.

And in her messages to this guy, she's actually starting to catch on that I might be spying on her. That's what she told him on Facebook.

And then she told him that she doesn't care if I catch her.

That's why I was having doubts that an exposure would do anything. I mean, if she's that emotionally detached from me that she doesn't even care if I catch her, then what's left to save of our marriage?

Honestly, what would you believe if you read that and after what she told me earlier? Would you think there's anything left? I guess I'm just being frantic and hoping somebody will tell me that everything's going to be alright.

Last edited by NickS; 03/02/16 10:14 AM.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation