Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
M
Ok, I see you figured it out.

Did you read through my exposure thread for tips, tactics and talking points?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Ok, I see you figured it out.

Did you read through my exposure thread for tips, tactics and talking points?

I've skimmed through it admittedly, but I'm going through it properly now. He also said that I should contact her friends that would possibly have a positive effect on her. I thought I was suppose to contact all her friends?

My question in regards to what to say to her were directed at another poster on the last page. Somebody suggested that when u exposed that I should confront her, but don't let her know that I'm on to her. Don't reveal my sources.

All hell is about to break loose soon...

Last edited by NickS; 03/02/16 01:12 PM.
P
P
Somebody suggested that when u exposed that I should confront her, but don't let her know that I'm on to her. Don't reveal my sources.
You don't need to confront her when you expose. She already knows she is having an affair.

When she confronts you (and she will), don't reveal your sources. And don't have a discussion defending your exposure. Simply tell her that her affair is hurting you terribly, and you will do what you need to do to save your marriage. End it there. No debates.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Prisca
Somebody suggested that when u exposed that I should confront her, but don't let her know that I'm on to her. Don't reveal my sources.
You don't need to confront her when you expose. She already knows she is having an affair.

When she confronts you (and she will), don't reveal your sources. And don't have a discussion defending your exposure. Simply tell her that her affair is hurting you terribly, and you will do what you need to do to save your marriage. End it there. No debates.

Okay, thanks. True, and she's already been honest with me about the type of conversation they're having anyways. That's pretty screwed up, kinda like just throwing it in my face, eh whatever.

Anyhow, somebody else also suggested that I immediately meeting her emotional needs after exposure. My question is, I don't think she's going to be too receptive to that after exposure. So is this something that be done right away? Or hold off for awhile? I'm thinking that Plan A will have to be implemented rather quickly after exposure, because I know how she's going to react. I've installed a keylogger on her computer before in the past.

Also, it was said by another poster to this thread that I should contact friends that would possibly have a positive influence on her. Aren't I suppose to contact all her friends though?

Last edited by NickS; 03/02/16 01:47 PM.
P
P
Originally Posted by NickS
Anyhow, somebody else also suggested that I immediately meeting her emotional needs after exposure. My question is, I don't think she's going to be too receptive to that after exposure.
Of course she's not. Do it anyway. Plan A is not about whether she is receptive or not. It's all about you showing her that you are willing and able to meet her needs. It's about showing her that you are capable of being the man she desires.

So is this something that be done right away?
Yes.

Also, it was said by another poster to this thread that I should contact friends that would possibly have a positive influence on her. Aren't I suppose to contact all her friends though?

Contact her friends. Don't spend a lot of time trying to determine who will have a "positive influence" and who would not. You don't really know who will.

If markos ever were to have an affair, the first person I would contact would be his wayward mother that he hasn't seen in decades. Not because she's a positive influence in his life, and not because she believes affairs are wrong. But because she would give him hell for having an affair after he refused to have anything to do with her because of hers.

You don't know who will influence your wife. Just tell her friends, and let it fall out the way it does.

Last edited by Prisca; 03/02/16 02:18 PM.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Anyhow, somebody else also suggested that I immediately meeting her emotional needs after exposure. My question is, I don't think she's going to be too receptive to that after exposure.
Of course she's not. Do it anyway. Plan A is not about whether she is receptive or not. It's all about you showing her that you are willing and able to meet her needs. It's about showing her that you are capable of being the man she desires.

So is this something that be done right away?
Yes.

Contact her friends. Don't spend a lot of time trying to determine who will have a "positive influence" and who would not. You don't really know who will.

If markos ever were to have an affair, the first person I would contact would be his wayward mother that he hasn't seen in decades. Not because she's a positive influence in his life, and not because she believes affairs are wrong. But because she would give him hell for having an affair after he refused to have anything to do with her because of hers.

You don't know who will influence your wife. Just tell her friends, and let it fall out the way it does.

Thank you for the suggestions. I've been working since noon and haven't had time yet to blow this sky high. It's been a horrible day, especially feeling the way I do right now. Is there a support sub section somewhere on the forums?

S
S

We can support you here on this forum/thread.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
G
This is the support section. You don't need a place to blog, you need to implement the plan, starting with exposure. The fastest way to get in a better place is to follow the plan methodically.

The plan is very effective and therefore the best you can do to overcome the worst of the situation. Without a plan you are tempted to let your emotions run away with you. You are in an emotional rollercoaster. Trust the advice given to you, it has helped hundreds of betrayed spouses on the road to recovery.

Did you read the links in this post?
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2695379#Post2695379

You might want to read other threads. Here's one with a good planned and executed exposure.
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2870923

Reading threads and listening to radio shows is a fast way to educate yourself on the subject of infidelity.
Here's a show on infidelity. http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=7267
Couldn't find a show about a betrayed man that quickly, the advice for women is a bit different from the advice for men, average women can take 3 weeks of plan A, average men can take as long as 6 months. Exposure is always the first and most crucial step.

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
This is the support section. You don't need a place to blog, you need to implement the plan, starting with exposure. The fastest way to get in a better place is to follow the plan methodically.

The plan is very effective and therefore the best you can do to overcome the worst of the situation. Without a plan you are tempted to let your emotions run away with you. You are in an emotional rollercoaster. Trust the advice given to you, it has helped hundreds of betrayed spouses on the road to recovery.

Did you read the links in this post?
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2695379#Post2695379

You might want to read other threads. Here's one with a good planned and executed exposure.
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2870923

Reading threads and listening to radio shows is a fast way to educate yourself on the subject of infidelity.
Here's a show on infidelity. http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=7267
Couldn't find a show about a betrayed man that quickly, the advice for women is a bit different from the advice for men, average women can take 3 weeks of plan A, average men can take as long as 6 months. Exposure is always the first and most crucial step.

Thank you so much. I feel a level of betrayal that I've never felt in my life, and it's hurts so much.

G
G
Thank you so much. I feel a level of betrayal that I've never felt in my life, and it's hurts so much.
Most of the members of this forum have felt exactly the same. They know the fastest way to recover is to follow the steps ASAP. Don't delay your recovery, this plan is your lifeline.

P
P
How is the exposure preparations coming?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
How is the exposure preparations coming?

It's coming along well. I have just about everything I need.

My Wife just got a temporary pre paid phone. It looks like the conversation between the two has moved there. I know she's deleting her text messages because it showed that she hadn't received or sent any. Yet she has his phone number in her contacts.

She's suppose to be getting an Android phone in the next few days.

They talked a little bit yesterday on Facebook. And he asked her if things between me and her were still the same. To which my Wife replied that nothing has changed really.

I thought that was kind of weird that he asked her that out of the blue.

I have to be honest, even though I know this exposure has to happen. I'm still nervous about doing it. I can't help but think in the back of my mind that it's just going to make things worse. I know she's going to explode over it. I know the kind of person she is.

Last edited by NickS; 03/03/16 01:02 PM.
M
M
[

I have to be honest, even though I know this exposure has to happen. I'm still nervous about doing it. I can't help but think in the back of my mind that it's just going to make things worse. I know she's going to explode over it. I know the kind of person she is.

EVERY wayward spouse explodes over exposure so I am not sure what you expected. Did you read my exposure thread? We don't care if she explodes over it, we care about saving your marriage.

I am concerned about your exposure plan and would encourage you to post the list of targets [by relationship, not name] and your talking points. Is this current boyfriend the same one she met in Las Vegas? In your letters you need to name her adultery partners. You also need to expose to the OM's facebook friends and family. Are any of the OM married? Do you know? Have you found their facebook pages?

Have you read the exposure 101 thread? This really is dragging out and I hope you start taking some proactive, strategic steps here.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[

EVERY wayward spouse explodes over exposure so I am not sure what you expected. Did you read my exposure thread? We don't care if she explodes over it, we care about saving your marriage.

I am concerned about your exposure plan and would encourage you to post the list of targets [by relationship, not name] and your talking points. Is this current boyfriend the same one she met in Las Vegas? In your letters you need to name her adultery partners. You also need to expose to the OM's facebook friends and family. Are any of the OM married? Do you know? Have you found their facebook pages?

Have you read the exposure 101 thread? This really is dragging out and I hope you start taking some proactive, strategic steps here.

No, the guy in Vegas was some random person. This guy now is an old friend. The only proof that I have of the physical cheating was her confession, no hard proof.

And all the other guys that she had emotional affairs with and sent top less photos to I have no proof of because her phone broke. I only have what I have now through her Facebook messages to her old friend.

And I do have his Facebook account and all his friends and families aswell.

She moved to texting him on her phone now so the Facebook messages aren't as frequent as they were.

She's deleting the texts as they come in, I know she's been texting him because she has his number in her contacts.

The guy that she's currently talking to isn't married, but he does have a girlfriend of 4 years that he keeps complaining to my Wife about.

Last edited by NickS; 03/03/16 04:34 PM.
N
N
There are apps/programs that you can get to retrieve all deleted texts, but you have to get ahold of the phone

Sending topless photos is NOT an emotional affair.

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by NebDane
There are apps/programs that you can get to retrieve all deleted texts, but you have to get ahold of the phone

Sending topless photos is NOT an emotional affair.

It's a cheap pre paid phone so I don't think I'm going to be able to pull anything off of it.

Sending top less photos may not be an emotional affair. But it's still cheating.

Last edited by NickS; 03/03/16 05:28 PM.
M
M
[

No, the guy in Vegas was some random person. This guy now is an old friend. The only proof that I have of the physical cheating was her confession, no hard proof.

That is proof.

And all the other guys that she had emotional affairs with and sent top less photos to I have no proof of because her phone broke. I only have what I have now through her Facebook messages to her old friend.

Did you see the topless photos? Did you see evidence of an affair on her phone?

What you can say in your exposure letters to HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS would be something like this:

Dear friends and family,

I am writing you this message because you are an important person in the lives of xxxx and I. As some of you know, xxxxx has recently asked me for a separation, which has shattered my heart. To my shock, I am saddened to have discovered that the reason is because she has been carrying on an affair with a old boyfriend named xxxxx xxxxx who resides in xxxxxx. In addition to this affair, she recently met up with another man named JoeDirtbag when she visited her dad in Las Vegas in DEcember 2015. She has asked for this separation so she can carry on her affair without my interference.

She refuses to end the affair. I want our marriage to recover from this affair. If you have any influence on my babe, please do what you can to get her to stop this dangerous affair. I want to stay married, but the affair must end.

As our friends and family, I am asking that you use your influence with xxxx to persuade her to end her affair and try to work on our marriage. Our marriage can be salvaged if she would only end the affair. Please support her in doing the right thing. Please support our marriage.

I would so appreciate your support and prayers.

Warmest regards,

You can attach some of the PMs to this email.

Copy his entire contact list for safe keeping. Prioritize the contacts starting with family and then move to married friends. TRy to determine which friends are his closest and add them to the list. Be sure and contact his GF directly and show her all the FB PMs you have.

Send his family and friends something like this:

Dear friend of JoeScumbag:

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of his friends should know the kind of person he really is. Joe is having an affair with my wife, Sally, that started around XXXX. I believe that his friends should know this, so you can protect your marriage from him. My wife and I have 2 small daughters and this affair has almost wrecked our marriage.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify his parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.

Thank you, BH

Do your exposures by starting with the OM's GF and working through his family and friends list. Send them Facebook PMs and attach the FB PMs that you have.

When you finish those, I would send a mass email with text copies to all your [and hers] family and close friends.

Exposure 101

N
N
Listen to Melody

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY --- DO IT!

I meant sending topless photos is at least a quasi-physical affair, not just emotional.

M
M
p.s. be sure and sign your FULL name and do the OM exposures from your own facebook account. Make sure you have a photo of you, your wife and your little kids as the main photos on your FB page.

Exposure 101

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[

That is proof.

Did you see the topless photos? Did you see evidence of an affair on her phone?

What you can say in your exposure letters to HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS would be something like this:

Dear friends and family,

I am writing you this message because you are an important person in the lives of xxxx and I. As some of you know, xxxxx has recently asked me for a separation, which has shattered my heart. To my shock, I am saddened to have discovered that the reason is because she has been carrying on an affair with a old boyfriend named xxxxx xxxxx who resides in xxxxxx. In addition to this affair, she recently met up with another man named JoeDirtbag when she visited her dad in Las Vegas in DEcember 2015. She has asked for this separation so she can carry on her affair without my interference.

She refuses to end the affair. I want our marriage to recover from this affair. If you have any influence on my babe, please do what you can to get her to stop this dangerous affair. I want to stay married, but the affair must end.

As our friends and family, I am asking that you use your influence with xxxx to persuade her to end her affair and try to work on our marriage. Our marriage can be salvaged if she would only end the affair. Please support her in doing the right thing. Please support our marriage.

I would so appreciate your support and prayers.

Warmest regards,

You can attach some of the PMs to this email.

Copy his entire contact list for safe keeping. Prioritize the contacts starting with family and then move to married friends. TRy to determine which friends are his closest and add them to the list. Be sure and contact his GF directly and show her all the FB PMs you have.

Send his family and friends something like this:

Dear friend of JoeScumbag:

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of his friends should know the kind of person he really is. Joe is having an affair with my wife, Sally, that started around XXXX. I believe that his friends should know this, so you can protect your marriage from him. My wife and I have 2 small daughters and this affair has almost wrecked our marriage.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify his parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.

Thank you, BH

Do your exposures by starting with the OM's GF and working through his family and friends list. Send them Facebook PMs and attach the FB PMs that you have.

When you finish those, I would send a mass email with text copies to all your [and hers] family and close friends.

The OM's parents are already on Facebook, so it would be easy to send what I have to them.

I have a question though regarding that first letter you typed. I'm not entirely sure that the reason she wanted a separation is because she was having an affair. She wasn't at the time when she asked me for one. Once she asked me is when everything started. Of course if her old broken phone worked, I might have been able to find out what was going on leading up to the days and weeks before she asked for a separation.

The only other thing I have was way back in September of last year when she created profiles on two different dating websites. That should have been my tip off to what was going on in my marriage but I ignored it like an idiot.

Last edited by NickS; 03/03/16 06:25 PM.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation