Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
W
Unwritten and Brainhurts - Yes, I've read Exposure 101 and the EPs. I posted this morning that I contacted his closest friends last night, they are like family to him, they are supportive and will be talking to him. His mother is elderly and somewhat estranged, is not on the internet and has no phone, writing a letter would be fine, but I have no wish to risk her health with an emotional upset, can I give her that consideration? Can you explain why telling his boss is needed if the OW wasn't at his workplace, is nowhere near it.

I am serious, but I will not put his job and our limited finances in jeopardy. We have no savings, nothing for even a month while he might look for a job/get a new paycheck. Its' not a job where he can cut back on hours, he's a truck driver, there are no shorter shifts. I'm not making excuses, these are serious concerns that I must consider alongside our marriage.

L
Lorax Offline OP
OP Offline
L
OMG! I didn't realize my husband was still logged in and I just posted under his name. Can those two be deleted so I can redo under my name?

Lorax #2886787 09/09/16 03:39 PM
L
Lorax Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Or should I just start over in SAA and so you can delete this thread?

Lorax #2886788 09/09/16 03:58 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by Lorax
OMG! I didn't realize my husband was still logged in and I just posted under his name. Can those two be deleted so I can redo under my name?
It's okay Lorax, it has happened to many people. I don't think that it is a problem, but if it worries you, you can click notify at the bottom of your post and ask the moderators.

He met the OW online through a FB group, correct? Has he closed his facebook account now?

Have you exposed to the OWs family and friends?

As for putting limited finances in jeopardy, anything (including finances) that comes before your marriage, will eventually come between your marriage. Many of us did have to make drastic changes in order to recover and build a new marriage.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
L
Lorax Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Blindsighted, thank you. I'm dealing with insomnia again and not thinking.

FB is going to be hard but I know it has to happen. That's on our list to talk about this weekend when he isn't tired from work.

I figured out 2 of OW friends to expose to, but don't know who her family is. It felt weird to be in her page, like I was stalking. I chose two that were in the same town as she is, and had a real life friendship rather than only online, and were also in the same groups in FB as the OW and WH. They had mutual friendships with 2 of the WH's friends that I exposed to as well. One OW friends has already ended her friendship with her and said no has influence over her, she's a narcissist. The other hasn't responded.

Lorax #2886811 09/09/16 04:53 PM
L
Lorax Offline OP
OP Offline
L
OW doesn't post a lot of family info other than a wee bit about her kids. She is in divorce proceedings already from an abusive ex. Should I tell him too? I was told he had a heart attack back in June.

Lorax #2886812 09/09/16 05:02 PM
L
Lorax Offline OP
OP Offline
L
If he lost his job we would go hungry and homeless. I'm not kidding. That would come between us and hurt us even more than our limited finances at the moment, which we manage until I can work again. The OW is several states away. Leaving his job isn't a necessity so I don't understand how telling his employers would help. He doesn't have friends there, no one really knows him, no one there has influence or would be support he would accept.

Last edited by Lorax; 09/09/16 05:04 PM.
Lorax #2886817 09/09/16 05:27 PM
P
P
I've read through your thread -- who is telling you to do a workplace exposure? I don't see anyone telling you that -- did I miss something? Workplace exposure is for workplace affairs.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Lorax #2886819 09/09/16 05:32 PM
B
B
Yes you should expose to her husband (he is not an ex since the divorce is not final). How old are her children?

Don't keep this dribble hit and miss exposure going. Make a list of all of the people that you will expose to, and get it done in one fell swoop WITHOUT warning your husband first. Here is a link to review regarding exposure: Exposure 101

Yes the facebook has to go. Also if he has email accounts that she is aware of or has EVER contacted him through, those have to go also. Do you have his passwords?

Why would you wait to talk about closing facebook? In fact, if he has been reading this site and truly has intentions of making a new and better marriage, HE should have closed it already. And changed his phone number. Is he able to access his facebook account on his cell phone while he is working?

You have stated that your husband is a truck driver. Is he EVER away overnight?

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
B
B
Originally Posted by Prisca
I've read through your thread -- who is telling you to do a workplace exposure? I don't see anyone telling you that -- did I miss something? Workplace exposure is for workplace affairs.
I was wondering the same Lorax.

Who is telling you to expose to his work when this isn't a workplace affair?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Lorax #2886886 09/12/16 01:40 PM
U
U
Originally Posted by Lorax
OW doesn't post a lot of family info other than a wee bit about her kids. She is in divorce proceedings already from an abusive ex. Should I tell him too? I was told he had a heart attack back in June.

Yes you should expose to her BH. If she is in divorce proceedings, that means she is and was still married when the A was taking place, and he has a right to know this about his life.

BTW, it is possible that her H was abusive of course, but I will tell you that labeling your spouse as 'abusive' is standard behavior for wayward people. Many many many NON abusive spouses have been labeled as such, especially during separation or divorce, because it makes people who are cheating feel more justified in what they are doing and discredits their spouse taking the blame off of them and their waywardness. Do not let this keep you from exposing to him.

U
U
Did your WH remove himself from social media, specifically FB? What else has been done on the list of EP's?

S
S
Originally Posted by Wayne5891
I'm not sure how we can skip steps when we haven't begun the program yet, though we have been reading to start getting used to the lingo and concepts. He works 12 hour days and there's not much time before his bedtime

Some of the steps you can do now - you don't need your WH's help and you don't need to finish reading entire the book to get these things done.

(1) Finish exposure. You do this WITHOUT your H's help or input. Others have pointed out missed exposures. What about your 11 yr old child?

(2) Get EPs into place. The list that was posted for you already. Your WH needs to get off FB, yesterday. He doesn't need FB. He was told this on his thread and he disappeared. No Bueno. If he drags his feet, you should show him the door. Yes, I'm serious. If a WS won't give up social media, they aren't serious about your M.

(3) Get spyware into place.

This is in addition to what the other great posters who are helping you have already listed.

Last edited by SusieQ; 09/12/16 06:07 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
I'm very concerned about your WH's job. I would recommend you write to Dr Harley on the radio show about this. Personally, I would be extremely uncomfortable with a WS with your H's background and history having that type of job.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
W
W
Lorax how are you doing?

Keep posting so the wonderful people here can help you. I want to encourage you to apply the MB plan and listen to the veterans here they have have helped so many including my self.

I know this is the worst thing you have ever experienced, I know the depth of your hopelessness...But, You have to follow the MB plan and the advice given. The great thing about MB is the hope that it brings. The hope of a tried and true plan that thousands have implemented to restore their broken marriages.

Don't allow any person or job come between you and your marriage. The advice you have been given is spot on. You can do this. Will it be easy?

NOPE! Come back here and let these guy's help you!

Best of luck to you,
wle2

Me 59 newly married after being a widow
Married 1 year
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation