Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
L
L
Originally Posted by rob68
He says other things like to get someone to fall in love with you you have to give them love first and to ask them if this is love? and get them to say it first so say think it in there mind.
he had given my wife a note that I found asking her is this love?.

That is helpful for you. I think your wife needs a lot of love. More than most.

Apart from that things haven't been good at all.My WW seems to be getting worse.
I don't think even when the om dies she will want to come back.She acts like she hates me and is being even worse to our daughter.I broke down to my step daughter and she said her mum had been completly out of order.She said she doesn't think her mum will ever have second thoughts.It is really hitting us hard now.cheers

The fact that WW hates you is a positive sign. I will let Prisca explain why.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi livingwell.Right or wrong I looked on my ww emails today and her and the om have had quotes on special beds,hoists,special showers and chairs.I think this means they are planning on getting a place together and she will look after him.
Which I guess means they will want to get married,which means I think she will ask for a divorce.
I know I mentioned divorce before but I really want to get back together but I don't think it's going to happen.
I feel I have lost all hope now.Is there anything else I can do?
I think she does really hate me and I think the om has a lot to do with this.I know I have to look at myself as well.
I do want help,i really do but I have to be realistic.
I don't want false hope.
I do argree that she needs more love than most,but I can't give it to her because she isn't about.I wish I could have a second chance.cheers rob

Last edited by rob68; 02/07/17 12:41 PM.
B
B
Originally Posted by markos
I can see some people to offence to my reply about your ex husband and my ww.I do appologuise to them

No, we didn't take offense. We are letting you know that behavior like this is one reason why your marriage is bad. You did come here to find out what you can do to make the situation better, right?

Don't apologize and sweep the problem under the rug. Your apologies are worthless to us because we are not offended.

I had a few drinks

This is probably another reason you are having problems. Please get yourself to AA (an all male AA group) and get help.
rob68,

Will you please answer markos questions?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I don't know what question you mean.

B
B
I don't know what question you mean.
Isn't that the radio clip of your email to Dr. Harley?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Yes it is the radio clip.But I don't know what question you mean?

B
B
Yes it is the radio clip.But I don't know what question you mean?
Asking Dr. Harley on what to do in your situation.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi brainhurts,sorry i was a bit slow to understand what you men't.So you think I should do nothing and just wait?
sorry my head is all over the shop.cheers rob

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I rang the council today as I don't own my house.They said it was still in both my ww and my name.
they said they would send out some paper work for both of us to sign so that it could just be in my name.
Should I do this? and if I do I don't know if my ww would agree to it

L
L
I rang the council today as I don't own my house.They said it was still in both my ww and my name.
they said they would send out some paper work for both of us to sign so that it could just be in my name.
Should I do this? and if I do I don't know if my ww would agree to it

The goal of plan A is to present yourself as the better option. Asking your wife if you can take her off the tenancy will not do that so do not. The council is trying to help but they do not realise that you want to save your marriage.

Did you listen to Dr Harley's response again? Brainy is a genius at finding the recordings. With that link you can listen again and again. Dr Harley's advice was to do plan A and wait it out.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I have listened to it lots,i even recorded it on my phone.It starts to get more complicated now though.For instance Ww has had a few letters come here in her name for life insurance.
I guess it will be to cover om so she will stay with him till he dies.
Then there is all this disabled equipment that I mentioned in a previous post.
I understand what you mean livingwell about not getting her to sign because of plan A.But on the other hand she could come back and try and kick me out and try and move om in.

L
L
I have listened to it lots,i even recorded it on my phone.It starts to get more complicated now though.For instance Ww has had a few letters come here in her name for life insurance.
I guess it will be to cover om so she will stay with him till he dies.

Nobody can get life insurance when they have a terminal illness. She can apply all she wants but it will not happen.

I understand what you mean livingwell about not getting her to sign because of plan A.But on the other hand she could come back and try and kick me out and try and move om in.

She cannot force you to leave against your will. You would have to sign off the tenancy if you wanted her to have the house (you don't). She has voluntarily left and has therefore made herself homeless so the council will not even rehouse her.

There are many stories here on MB where a woman has left the home, been dumped by OM and has returned because she had no other option. That does not mean you cannot recover your marriage. She can fall in love with you again.

How is the extra work idea going? She needs to hear things are going well through your daughter or step daughter.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Got a few extra hours work thanks.
WW keeps freaking me out with texts.I don't understand her reasons,maybe someone will understand better than me.
Last saturday I dropped our daughter to her mum at her friends house.She was going to have her while I went out with this royal marine.A charity put us in touch as both our heads have been damaged.His from wars and mine from my situation.He's a great bloke and have met a few times.we sit around a camp fire in his woods and chat.
Anyway I told ww it was important to me.Half an hour after i dropped d of she text me saying i have left d at mcdonalds as she was having a teenage tantrum.
I thought this very unfair and ruined my morning with the marine.
another example tonight.WW said can her friends d stay at my house with our d yesterday night and then they can both stay with her and her friend tonight.
I said ok.Gave them a lift this afternoon looking forward to some peace and WW texts me tonight saying did u know she was going to cinema with a differnt friend tonight,
i told her why would i know this as you are looking after her tonight as arranged yesterday.
WW said i just wondered if you knew thats all.
I said to ww could you let me know that she got back safely,which she did.
Then gone 10 tonight ww texted and said can i pick up our d as she was hungry and being a pain.I said I couldn,t.
There have been alot of examples like this recently and don't understand it

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
just had another message saying u need to pick d up in morning.
No please or anything.i might have other arrangements,why does she say she will have d and then make life awkward?

L
L
just had another message saying u need to pick d up in morning.
No please or anything.i might have other arrangements,why does she say she will have d and then make life awkward?

Sounds as if WW is having a hard time coping with your daughter. They are often harder on their mothers than their fathers and in addition I'm sure your daughter is angry with her. You therefore have a chance to deposit lots of love units by being an incredible father. So if (for instance) your daughter had a melt down you tell her that she is not to upset her mother like that.

Well done on getting more work and keep a close eye on that daughter. They get a little sneaky once they are teenagers.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
D IS COMING HOME IN A TAXI CRYING SAYING MUM DOESN'T WANT ME HERE

J
J
Living Well gives excellent advice here, but I disagree this time regarding calling your daughter out on her tift with Mom. Your wife has abandoned her children, and your daughter should not be blamed for Mom's unacceptable behavior. Without making angry outbursts or disrespectful judgments, your WW needs to be told that DD is angry at her for having an affair and abandoning the family and that this is a normal and expected reaction from any child.

Though Dr. Harley did recommend that you Plan A and find ways to improve meeting your wife's emotional needs, you don't have to pander to her fogginess. In fact, you have a huge advantage. One, this POS isn't gong to be around much longer. Her affair has a guaranteed short shelf life. (If only everyone betrayed spouse were this lucky!) And so what you can do is wait quietly on the sidelines and make deposits into her love bank from a distance. When the POS croaks, you will have prepared for your WW a safe place to land. In the meantime, learn the language of love. Find ways to show admiration and provide her the intimate conversations that she has not been getting from you once she does return. You might want to write a very romantic letter to her sharing with her how hurt you are by her affair but that also professes your love for her in a romantic and tender way. When this man dies, she will remember what you have done.

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi living well and justthe3ofus.Yes Livingwell has been a great help and has been a rock really.She always takes time to help and has my full respect.But I do agree with you that DD shouldn't be blamed although she can be a pain in the [censored].You are right that this is classic behaviour of teenagers DD age who have had there parents split up.DD school told me this.Yes she is sneaky and 14 now.I spoke to WW for a few seconds when she dropped DD off in the taxi.I told her nicely that DD is her daughter to and what does she expect me to do.I said it doesn't really work when she sees you at friends house.
She seemed fairly understanding and said it wasdifficult.She almost looked like she was regretting things.
I may have put a love a deposit in the bank.
I am tempted to text her today and explain why DD is behaving this way and that we are both in pain.And she is failing at school now.And she can ring the school if she doesn't believe me.
I may tell her that I know deep down that she is still a good person.

I thank you both for taking the time and some very good advice from both of you.Any more advice will be greatly recieved.thanks rob68

L
L
I may tell her that I know deep down that she is still a good person.

She needs to hear that you still love her.

Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
You might want to write a very romantic letter to her sharing with her how hurt you are by her affair but that also professes your love for her in a romantic and tender way. When this man dies, she will remember what you have done.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation