Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Am i in the right here to be upset? Okay, brief overview, married 26 years, H is chronically unemployed, jobs last no more than 2 years, he injured himself last year, he was off all year,had a part time job for 3 months and again not working, he could find a job but does not try very hard to do so.I have been under major stress being the financially dependent one and especially so since my job may be ending as the company may be selling.
Had a big blow out with him, and of course he tells me "this is bullsh*t and i am over reacting. He has 2 guy friends that are always buiying concert tickets (which the concerts are always out of town) and buy him one (which he pays for ...or techincally I DO). they are not cheap and its often, like every 2 months he is going, im never considered when they get tickets or they happen during the week when he does ask but he knows i am working. I have said nothing, i have kept quietly annyoed at the point he is not trying hard to find work and that he is going out spending money that we should be spending on other things, mean while i sit here thinking i can't buy new runners cause i can't afford it, but he goes and buys $200 tickets to concerts. I told him i feel hurt as i am never considered when going to these, i am rarely asked. He then tells me well your not invited, i didnt buy the tickets, i am lucky i have friends that buy tickets for me and ask me to go and that i should find a hobby ( i guess going to concerts and having drinks is considered a hobby). I lost it on him, I told him first its hurtful on a weekend you do not consider asking me, and secondly i have been stressing over living on one income and you just taking off to concerts is stressing me out financially. To top this all off, he just got some inheritance money, which he immediately went out and bought a 15,000 boat with it! and tells me i am such a stick in a mud for not being happy about this!

B
B
Welcome back. Does your H know of MB? No wonder you're upset it doesn't sound like you use POJA at all in your marriage. Am I correct?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
ya i mentioned that saying, you know i think it would be important that we both agree on purchases and things we do especially over a certain amount which he just thinks is ridiculous. ITs infuriating especially when i work hard and try and NOT spend money and he just hardly works and spends. Which was really ridiculous was him saying "you need to get a hobby" like going to concerts and drinking is a hobby! ?*&^&$#$

N
N
****edit****

And getting a job he will keep is pretty huge. That sounds like a great space to get started working together. And since your job is insecure right now maybe you can job search and network together.

Last edited by IrishGreen; 06/03/17 02:57 PM. Reason: Non MB

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
M
M
Hi, frustrated, welcome to Marriage Builders. I am glad you are here, but sorry for the frustrating circumstances that bring you here.

Interestingly enough I just heard Dr. Harley address this kind of situation on his radio show. It's getting more and more common, and it drives wives nuts. Here's a link to the recording I was listening to:

http://marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=07046

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
I
I
Oh yeah, you're a stick in the mud while he acts like a 15 year old dependent in your adult marriage. It's unfortunate that he put you in that position. He acts like you are his mother because he is acting like a teenager. You getting a hobby is not the solution. GRRR.

Hoping fellow MBs have a better answer than me...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (anchorwatch, 1 invisible), 153 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation