Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
M
There may be days when you get up in the morning and things aren't the way you had hoped they would be.<P>That's when you have to tell yourself that things will get better. There are times when people disappoint you and let you down.<P>But those are the times when you must remind yourself to trust your own judgments and opinions, to keep your life focused on believing in yourself. <P>There will be challenges to face and changes to make in your life, and it is up to you to accept them. <P>Constantly keep yourself headed in the right direction for you. It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you will find a stronger sense of who you are.<P>So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be.<P>Because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you.<P>Keep Believing in Yourself!<BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~ Jennifer Unlimited

K
K
The Door to Happiness,<P>" When one door of happiness closes, another opens;<BR>but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been open for us."<BR> Helen Keller

S
S
"A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.<BR>It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences."<BR>Unknown<P>

F
F
bump [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

F
F
Success comes from NOT doing everything right, but from doing ENOUGH right things.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

J
J
"Having a career" is not the same as "Having a life".<P>

S
S
If you have the time, check out this link. It's a Flash file and takes a while to "load". Oh and also turn up the volume on your computer because it has sound also.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.fathersloveletter.com/fllpreviewlarge.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fathersloveletter.com/fllpreviewlarge.html</A> <P>Saga-man

S
S
Now for a couple of "humorous" ones:<P>===================<BR>Adam and Eve had an ideal marriage.... <P>He didn't have to hear about all the men she could have married, and she didn't have to hear about the way his mother cooked.<P>==================<P>Morning Prayer<P>I want to thank you, Lord, for being close to me so far this day. <P>With your help, I haven't been impatient, lost my temper, grumpy, judgemental, or envious of anyone. <P>But, I will be getting out of bed in a minute, and I think I'll really need your help then. <P>Amen.<P>===============<P>Saga-man<BR>

F
F
courage - moral courage, the courage of one's convictions, the courage to see things through. The world is in a constant conspiracy against the brave. It's the age-old struggle - the roar of the crowd on one side and the voice of your conscience on the other.<BR>Douglas Macarthur<P><BR>

S
S
Do not undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special. <P>Do not set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you. <P>Do not take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless. <P>Do not let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past nor for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life. <P>Do not give up when you have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying. It is fragile thread that binds us to each other. <P>Do not be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave. <P>Do not shut love out of your life by saying it is impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love. The fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly. <P>Do not dismiss your dreams. To be without dreams is to be without hope. To be without hope is to be without purpose. <P>Do not run through life so fast that you forget not only where you have been but also where you are going. Life is not a race but a journey to be savored each step of the way. <P>Author Unknown.<P>Saga-man<BR>

T
T
Here's my favourite one:-<P>You will ALWAYS miss 100% of the chances that you DIDN't take.......

B
B
"Failure is an EVENT, not a PERSON."<P>........and my favorite: "I refuse to allow any man [or woman] to degrade my soul by making me hate them". I believe Booker T. Washington said that.<P><BR>

S
S
It's not the size of the dog in the fight... it's the size of the fight in the dog!<P>Author unknown.<P>Saga-man<BR>

H
OP Offline
H
Saga,<P>I love that [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Semper Fi,<P><B>Husband2You</B><BR>«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»<BR><I>···In the valley of the blind the one eye'd man is King···</I><P>· E-mail: <B> husband2you@petroleum.org </B> · ICQ: <B><A HREF="http://wwp.icq.com/1206499" TARGET=_blank>1206499</A></B> · Formerly: <B>E m p t y</B> ·

S
S
When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard. <P>My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff, you can wish on.<P>When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away. <P>My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.<P>When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen. <P>My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.<P>When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk. <P>My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.<P>When I pray I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that. <P>My kids say, "Hi God!!! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."<P>When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and clothes and dirty carpets. <P>My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross and worms to play with.<P>I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from?<P>No wonder God loves the little children!<P>Author Unknown<P>Saga-man

H
OP Offline
H
At first reading.. it sounded morbid.. then I looked at it again and I could see beneath what the author put on the surface of words.. Growth through pain. Ya think?<P>************************<P>All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments of revelation.<P>There is a greater darkness than the one we fight.. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way.. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair.. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams.. Against this peril we can never surrender.. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation.. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us.. We know only that it is always born in pain.<P>------------------<BR>Semper Fi,<P><B>Husband2You</B><BR>«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»<BR><I>···In the valley of the blind the one eye'd man is King···</I><P>· E-mail: <B> husband2you@petroleum.org </B> · ICQ: <B><A HREF="http://wwp.icq.com/1206499" TARGET=_blank>1206499</A></B> · Formerly: <B>E m p t y</B> ·

B
B2O Offline
B
The deeper your sorrow carves into your being, the more you can contain joy.<BR> <BR> - author unknown<p>[This message has been edited by B2O (edited September 08, 2001).]

Not a quote..but made me smile :-)<P>One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey.<P>He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone’s amazement, he quieted down.<P>A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!<P>Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone, we can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!<P>

Not a quote..but it made me smile :-)<P>One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey.<P>He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone’s amazement, he quieted down.<P>A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!<P>Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone, we can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!<P>

S
S
A truism I learned at 18 while wading through a rice paddy: any day on the green side of the dirt is a good day.<BR>

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation