Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I had this nice long post last night, but I lost it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>He did it!!! H changes his number(3 days ago), blocked OW's email (2 days ago), and sent the no contact letter yesterday!!!<P>We didn't talk about why H was so mad (will save for MC appt. tomorrow). H came over, logged on to computer, calls me over, says "is this good"? I read the no contact letter (had no clue that was what he was doing), said "that's wonderful". He asked me to stay, I watched him hit send and that was it.<P>The letter was great. It had everything it should have. It said that my wanted to work things out with me and that he must never see/talk to OW again. Asked her to never contact him, said he loved me and that he wanted a chance to show me how sorry he was for the pain he caused me and the kids. He said he was going to do everything he could to get back a good relationship with us.<P>Nothing like the 1st draft, huh? Maybe H just needed to do that to "get the ball rolling", not really sure...<P>This is just the beginning, I know. We still need to work on a recovery plan, but hopefully we can do that in MC. H talks often about coming home and giving up his safety zone (his apartment). Need to wait until the MC says it is a good idea though, don't want to rush things. <P>Now the fun begins, huh? I have to brace myself for more truths (although H says he told me everything, y'no how that is), more resentment, anger, etc... I still don't love my H yet, but it is getting there, soon, soon. My love bank was so low...<P>Thank you everyone for not letting me give up when I wanted to throw in the towel. I know I will still need some encouragement here and there when it gets rough, but hopefully we will make it...<P><BR>Here's a timeline:<BR>-Early April,2001: D-day #1 - find out H is "in love" with fellow student. EA only.<BR>-Late April, 2001: Found out H lied about kissing OW, I leave with kids for a few days<BR>-early May, 2001: H tries to ignore OW (does not end it, just does not see her), we go to 3 MC appt's, he says he is only there "for the kids".<BR>-early June: H moves out to go "clear his head", not supposed to re-start things with OW, but does within a few days.<BR>-just after: D-day #2 - Find out H is back with OW, H totally anhilates me on phone with his words (never wanted to be married, only with me cuz' no one better, etc.). I go to plan B.<BR>-H goes PA but I don't know it.<BR>-late June: H starts talking about getting back together. I end plan B. (PA lasted 3-4 weeks total)<BR>-early July: PA ends, EA continues, H still talking but is not DOING. Leads me to believe it is over, but contact still continuing.<BR>-mid July: D-day #3 - I find out H went PA and he lied this whole past month (said was only EA). H says he loves me. I freak, go to plan B again (bad idea - only lasts 2 days).<BR>-late July: H ends EA with OW, still talking, doing little actions here and there, but refuses extraordinary precautions. Starts saying he loves me again more often.<BR>-August: H starts counseling and is doing more and more to rebuild relationship. I start counseling soon afterwards.<BR>-early Sept: Marriage Counseling starts<BR>-3 days ago: H changes phone number (extraordinary precaution #1)<BR>-2 days ago: H blocks OW email (extraordinary precaution #2)<BR>-Yesterday: H sends no contact letter (extraordinary precaution #3).<P>Those are the 3 things I asked my H to do to prove he was serious about our marriage. PA ended about 10 weeks ago, contact ended about 8 weeks ago, extraordinary precautions taken within the past few days.<P>That is where I am today. We have another MC appointment tomorrow. I feel very good inside.<P>HbH

N
N
<P>Congratulations cyber hug:<P>((((((((((((((((((HbH)))))))))))))))))<P>Now get workin' girl!!!

S
S
Prayers your way. Good luck. Don't forget there will be many highs & lows but keep hanging in there, just think about how far you have come.<P>NO LB's & follow the POJA.

T
T
I am so happy for you!!! That is wonderful news!!! I know very well the relief and euphoria you're experiencing right now. But just as a warning, it's not going to last for too long... so enjoy it now! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>There's a different kind of work ahead of you and your H now. And many times, it's harder than doing your initial plan A or B (b's in your case... grin). The hardest issue is rebuilding the trust back. But I can assure you, it DOES happen (but oh so gradually, that you won't really notice it for a few months).<P>Congrats again!<P>Karen<BR>

C
C B Offline
C
You got to love it when a plan comes together.<BR>I cant wait till that day comes for me . Best of luck .

H
H
HbH:<P>Thank you, thank you, thank you. It is so wonderful to see good news. My d-day was also in early April and I am glad to see your efforts paying off. The encouragement is very helpful today. Continued success with POJA and other work.<BR>SG<BR>

P
P
WOW - some great news!!! <P>You're right about taking it slowly and steadily forward now and not rush things too much. Patience, patience, patience (I just thought - I need to write this to myself too!! ). <P>Many hugs, <BR>Paint.

M
M
HBH!!!! I'm so happy for you. Continue to pray to God for discernment. I don't want to burst any bubbles, for it appears your H is backing up his words with actions, but be careful and cautious. Thanks for all you do to help ME. I wish you the best as you truly begin the long road ahead.<P>MOM

S
S
HbH:<P>Great news! The road to recovery is one road where zorweb and I want a traffic jam!<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

G
G
This is the type of wonderful news that I needed to hear today! Hope is the one thing that should never be diminished. It's what keeps us going and going and going...and hopefully in the right direction.<P>Be persistent with the hard work that you've shown in trying to keep your marriage intact. It will all pay off!<P>Kudos to you kid.<P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B><p>[This message has been edited by GeezLouise (edited September 20, 2001).]

O
O
Hi Hbh,<P>I am so glad to hear this good news. <P><<<<<many many hugs>>>>><P>L.<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation