Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
'Missouri, tonight I was re-reading some old posts and remembered you and your pilot husband. I hope you see this because I would love to hear how you are doing, if things are improving at all. Please drop a line!<P>SadButHopeful<P>P.S. I changed my name to Rose Red (long story).

M
M
SadButLonely(aka. Rose Red),<P>Thank you for the concern. We are doing fine. My H flies for Northwest...so far they seem to be doing ok. Could be interesting with the layoffs tho.<P>He still is in love with his OW. I am still having a hard time with it. He was here tonight...saw the kids for the first time since July. I guess Kyle cried and wanted to go and spend the night with him. My H didn't let him, so I am assuming his girlfriend is with him again. <P>I didn't see or talk to him-except to discuss the kids. He wants no part of me...has already gone on.<P>I have been having a hard time getting on this site. Have also been really busy with work and the kids. Our life has gone on...and it is as busy as it was before. <P>I went to a divorce recovery class tonight in Blue Springs--about an hour from here. I had read Dr. Fisher's book before...but it just didn't sink in. I am hoping the class will help me get through this tough time. I just don't feel good emotionally or physically. Amazing...my H doesn't seem to have that problem. He sounded so refreshed and rested when I talked to him about the kids. I wish I wasn't devastated.<P>How have you been doing? I hope, much better than this. Sometimes I feel like I can't write anymore, because I don't have many positive things to share anymore. The pain is just too deep at the moment. <P>Well, I had better go. We have an inservice day for teachers tomorrow. My kids will be home, but I have to get up and go to work [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!!<P>Thanks again for the inquiry. I miss talking with you all!

M
M
Gee, I must be tired. Have been working late on the interrogatories my H lawyer wanted me to fill out. Not much sleep this week.<P>So sorry about the name....I swear I think I am losing it sometimes. Today I wrote a note to my team of teachers telling them that an IEP meeting next "Web" for Wednesday. Oh man, my daughter just came in from working from Sonics. They were robbed an hour ago. She was cleaning up the outside and a guy grabbed her and put a gun to her head. I am so thankful that she is okay. They put them all in the freezer and locked them in. I am horrified. Thank God they only took the money. I couldn't have stood that. Will this evil never end?

R
R
'Missouri, I'm shocked at what happened to your daughter, and so sorry!! She must be frightened to death. Do the police have any leads? I hope she can talk about this with you and be comforted. Can she do anything to put herself into a more safe environment, like change jobs?<P>For yourself, I know you must feel attacked from all sides. As soon as I finish this post, I will pray for your family. You are working so hard, straining every nerve, to be all for your children, and I hope you can find refreshment somewhere in your life. Maybe this divorce class will really help you, and put you in contact with a friend who can commiserate with your situation.<P>As far as your husband's amazing energy, wouldn't you have it too, if you were basically on a vacation from real life? He'll wake up to the realities sooner or later, that he selfishly left his family and possibly estranged his children, and then he'll be left with a bunch of emotional wreckage. Not you--by then you'll have passed through this hard time and be reaping the benefits of your hard work: high self-esteem for what you accomplished, loving children who realize what you went through and honor you for it, close friends and a life that you built yourself, a right relationship with God.<P>My own situation continues about as before: rolling down that bumpy road to recovery. The latest bump is that I'm afraid of returning to normal, since normal (pre-affair) was a set-up for an affair. As much pain as I've been carrying around, I couldn't go through that again. We're continuing to counsel with Steve Harley, and that seems to help. It's nice to have a male counselor since I think it keeps my husband from thinking that he is outnumbered by disapproving women.<P>My husband wasn't flying during the attacks, so he stayed home for the subsequent days of airport shut-downs. This gave us a lot of needed time together to process what had happened and examine how we felt about our situation in light of the attacks (very emotional and affectionate time). For him personally, I don't think he will be affected by layoffs. He has eight years seniority, plus his airline has never furlowed anyone before and has a very good business track record. At any rate, it's easier for my peace of mind to believe this, so I do and will deal with problems if they arise.<P>No problem about that name thing--I hadn't noticed before you apologized about it. Aren't we all Sad and Something (lonely, hurt, hopeful, etc.)? I changed to Rose Red because I wanted to post about something mildly sexual and was embarassed so I took an alias for my alias. However, Rose Red was obviously braver than SadButHopeful [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] so I wound up keeping her. Besides, I couldn't stand calling myself Sad when I had good news or the situation had improved.<P>Glad to know you're still out there--don't feel like you have to answer this post--I know how busy and tired you must be. I'll be watching for you!<P>Rose Red <p>[This message has been edited by Rose Red (edited September 21, 2001).]

M
M
Dear Rose Red,<BR>Thank you so much for your post and your prayers. I need all the prayers I can get, lately [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] !!<P>It was a horrible experience for my daughter. She still seems pretty calm about it, altho she was a little jittery when I got home from work. Our neighbor is the detective assigned to our case. So far, no clues. Good Luck

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (still seeking), 94 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation