Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2909 08/20/99 08:36 AM
L
Latrice Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I just found out my husband is going to meet up with another woman after work TODAY! What can I do to mess up his plans without him knowing I have a clue.<P>HELP!HELP! HELP!

K
K Offline
K
Latrice:<P>I'm afraid that it's honesty that you should be practicing. You need to let him know what you believe he's up to---without lovebusters. That doesn't mean you shouldn't state your objections to this, but you don't do it in a demeaning or disrespectful way.

O
O
Do you know where they are going?<BR>Can you have a mini-emergency (like the car breaks down somewhere and he needs to rescue you?)<BR>Do you know the OW anyway you can delay her arrival?<BR>

L
Latrice Offline OP
OP Offline
L
No, I don't know where they are going or who she is. I just overheard him on the phone make quick plans for something after work.

O
O
Call him and suggest an evening out.....If he doesn't want to GO OUT WITHOUT HIM!!! Let him know your going out.

R
R
I'm sorry but I don't know your entire story.... I think you should tell him flat out that you overheard him and that you know that he is meeting with her. Maybe you can get him to talk about it and not meet her. Remember that you cannot force you H to not do what he wants to. He has to want not to meet with the OW and stay at home.... Otherwise it's for the wrong reasons. Good luck<P>------------------<BR>Rutger......One day at a time.<P>

A
A
Latrice,<P>I'm with K and Rutger on this. You have to tell him you overheard his plans. And like K says, avoid the lovebusting behavior. In other words, no yelling and screaming, no name-calling, whatever.<P>--airheart

S
S
Latrice, you know your H and how he would react.<P>Honesty is the best policy, but sometimes, I think you can jump the gun if you don't have enough information. There are too many of us here whose Hs have told us that we were crazy, imagining things, paranoid, stupid, etc.<P>Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd be making arrangements to follow my H from work and finding out who the OW is. Another thing you could do would be to show up at his work dressed to kill and tell him you want to go out and have fun with him. In case he turned me down, though, I'd have a friend ready to follow him.<P>I'd also be bugging my phone line.

B
B
You need to talk to him right away. Tell him you overheard him and get it out in the open. If you were just to do something behind his back to prevent his going, it would turn on you believe me. He would get angry at you for getting in the way of him seeing her. No, you really need to hit this one right between the eye's with honesty.

Y
Y
Why are you trying to hide from him? Tell him you know and bring it out in the open! Be honest.

Y
Y
Latrice, I think both answers are right! It all depends on your H. Is he honest enough to tell you the truth? Say if you confront him and he says your wrong and convinces you that it's something other than a OW. How would you know for sure? IF your unsure about what is happening, maybe spying is the best idea. So you know for sure! And by the way how do you know who the conversation was with on the phone? If he is not meeting a OW but has a meeting for other reasons, how will you know? No harm done if you see him with someone other than, but what makes you think this anyway? Please explain!<BR>I hope that wasn't to confusing, I just know I have had times that I jumped to conclusions, but for good reason. Sometimes it was nothing.<BR>Ginn

L
Latrice Offline OP
OP Offline
L
If I tell him I heard him, he is going to say that I heard wrong. Which I didn't. He is going to make it seem like I am hearing things and that I am crazy for thinking he is meeting up with her today. Point blank, he is going to lie to me. I want to bust him so he can't lie to me anymore. This may be my only hard evidence regarding his cheating.

B
B
well then your best bet would be to spy on him and follow him from work. This way you find out who the OP is and if you can hang tight long enough you might be able to time it just right and catch them in the act of something....like a kiss. Think about it, how in the world would he be able to lie his way out of being in the middle of a passionate kiss with her and then he opens his eyes to see you standing right there? At that point I'd suggest giving him a smile that could kill and walk away. What you do with all that info is up to you, but make sure you know what the deal is, don't jump to any conclusions and don't buy his cheap lies. Trust me, I know, I fell for plenty with my wife.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 291 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation