Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2924683 10/17/01 11:15 PM
*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
I just want to go outside and shout it to the rooftops!<P>I know I've been questioning a lot...scared...uncertain...seeking answers to the unanswerable...<P>But, today, there was positive...today I smiled from the inside out...<P>I was supposed to be at a conference--but circumstances occurred which made me not have to attend...my boss (female) treated me to breakfast and then freed me for the day...(with a suggestion to surprise my H at his work). So I did...<P>It was his lunchhour and he had just had an incident occur which he was unhappy about...I reassured him and then he had to go talk with the other teacher & principal...so I left for an errand...<P>A little bit later he called and apologized...I was stunned, 1st apology was unnecessary...I totally understand the job (as we're both teachers) and why he had to meet then...2ndly, HE HAS NEVER APOLOGIZED TO ME BEFORE EVER!!!...<P>So, I took him some lunch [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]...and he asked me to do something for him (bring him his gym clothes)...again...it has been a long time since he asked me to do something for him!<P>Just a few minutes ago, I sent him a text message (love and other positive thoughts) and he just called me to thank me...<P>God, I love him...I just can't believe he didn't think so...I can't believe he thinks (thought?) that he was just a convenience...<P>...so I continue the battle...I email him with my thoughts, I send him text messages on the phone, I call and leave voice mail...I greet him with a smile and an easy voice...<P>and, I continue to pray and ask God everyday to show me what to do...to lead me on the right path...not How do I save my marriage, but Is this what you want for me, my H & my children...show me the way...<P>Cali

#2924684 10/17/01 11:23 PM
O
O
Hi Cali,<P>Small ray of sunshine in the gloom of despair. I am glad to hear you smile. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Take Care, <BR>L.

#2924685 10/18/01 01:02 AM
R
R
Another great victory for God and you! Another disapointing defeat for satan himself!<P>Glad to here about that smile. That has got to be one of the most wonderful feelings in this world!<P><BR>Best wishes and regards<P>RN

#2924686 10/18/01 01:08 AM
M
M
Just a short note Cali...but wanted to let you know that I am so happy for you.<P>You deserve to have something good happen. Take care...and let us know what happens.

#2924687 10/18/01 01:11 AM
M
M
Sorry, double post..<p>[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: miserynmissouri ]

#2924688 10/18/01 08:58 AM
M
M
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Adding my smiles to yours! It's sometimes the little things that can effect us SOOOO hugely! For me, I've really been trying to back off my H. It seems (as I've heard from many sources) that when I back off, he pulls forward. He's living with his sister, but comes over on nights when I'm gone to be with the kids. Last night he was over. This morning, as I was getting out of the shower, he came in and hugged and kissed on me and said "I LOVE sleeping with you!" I said "me too!" He said "you love sleeping with you too?" I said "yep!" It was a little thing, but I'm STILL smiling over it! Enjoy the little victories. I pray the same prayer that you do; that God guide my words and actions, and that I will know what his will for my future is and follow it, whatever that may be. Blessings to you!<P>MOM

#2924689 10/18/01 09:09 AM
F
F
Cali,<P> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Keep those messages going - don't stop. It's important to keep telling him how you feel about him. That way he knows and doesn't need to guess.<P>This morning, for the first time in months, my W said to me 'I love you' too. I've been missing that and doubting it for a long time.<P>take care,<P>- Freddy

#2924690 10/18/01 09:28 AM
S
S
Hi Cali. I'm so happy for you!! I've only been on the ride for a couple of months but I'm finding that the smallest things that I used to take for granted are like mana from heaven these days. I hold on to those pearls and recall them in the ugly moments. May your stock of pearls never be exhausted. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#2924691 10/18/01 09:31 AM
J
J
I won't say the usual stuff about being careful. I say be the Momma Bear. Not too much, not too little, but just right!<P>Jeffer

#2924692 10/18/01 09:32 AM
P
P
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] You Go Girl!!!!<P>(just lurking about a bit [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Paint)

#2924693 10/18/01 10:21 AM
T
T
Funny how sometimes in our lives, the smallest, simplest things can have the most profound effects on our outlooks and attitudes. <P>We knew you loved your H, Cali!! Nice of you to shout it from the rooftops, Girl!!!<P>*Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.*<P>Trueheart

#2924694 10/18/01 10:27 AM
S
S
Nothing to add but more [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Snow

#2924695 10/18/01 07:21 PM
S
S
This is to Cali's H if you still lurk.<P>For all the road blocks you've thrown, there she still is. And look how very little it takes to bring forth joy and love. Yes, this woman loves you, of that there is no doubt. You'd be the biggest fool in the world not to treat her like she deserves, you have a true gift in your wife, I hope you fully realize that before it is too late.<P>NY

#2924696 10/18/01 09:05 PM
G
G
Woman.......I love to hear you "smile" like this! Good things are coming your way, for sure. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#2924697 10/18/01 11:02 PM
*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks all...I do feel like I am seeing progress...<P>H doesn't sound 'down' everytime I call...<P>Today when his cell voicemail came on I left an upbeat message...when he called me back just a bit later I said, "I was sad when you didn't answer..." He said, I know, I'm sorry I was busy working in my classroom and the music was up loud so I didn't hear the phone [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]." We had a nice chat as I drove the boys to gymnastics...<P>It will be nice to pay for a big cell phone bill that I WAS THE CAUSE OF [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]..<P>And, NY...he doesn't lurk here...maybe OW and OW H...at least that's what H has said...that they sometimes check up on me...<P>Thanks, all!<P>Keep on praying...prayer works!<P>Cali

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation