Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
<p>[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: OffOnOnOff ]</p>

R
R
Unless it causes spouse great uneasiness or repulsion, I think hugging S and even saying you love spouse, while possibly unnatural from your history, will start taking on the feeling of normalcy in both partners. From there, if things are going in right direction, S will start liking attention and then even reciprocate (somewhat). This is where I am now with my W. <p>Before I started doing this, I made it clear to W that I do not expect her to respond in kind if she didn't feel like it, but that I felt a need to express my feelings toward her. Sounds like you are moving in the right direction and I would say keep it up!

W
W
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>If I can't have progress, the next best thing is seeing someone else's!! Especially a long term survivor!!<p>OOOO, I'm proud of you. Slow but sure, you will get there.<p>Now, about that beer with me and eyeswideopen........

O
OP Offline
O

O
OP Offline
O

S
S
OOOO,<p>Wow, what news. slowy and steady wins the race. Like Wat, it is nice to see a long timer finally have some good news.<p>still think you need to call Steve.hey I can't nag my OS right now, so I have to nag someone right!<p>remember HUGS are the order of the day.

L
L
I'm so happy for you! I know hugs were the only form of close contact with my H for MONTHS after his very involved EA/PA last year.In my case- H cut off all intimacy with me as soon as his EA turned PA and OW insisted he not kiss me let alone anything more intimate. Giving H a hug was the one thing I refused to stop doing despite the horrific situation we got in when he was first angry, then filed on me and then was non-commital for a few months about whether he wanted our marriage or not. When an A has a serious emotional attachment going anything you can do to maintain some closeness can be a plus as you wait out their withdrawal stage and indecision. I know it worked in our favor- H and I are VERY intimate now and in a good recovery which I thought last year would not even be possible.OW's jealous nature began to irritate H over time. Take care- lifeismessy

C
C
OOOO,<p>This is the best news on the board this morning!!!
I am very excited and hopeful for you today. With your new half hour of alone time and date nights, things should spice up. Don't be suprised if your first few nights out are awkward. Ours were. Once you get used to going out together again, you will really value the time together.
Keep it up!<p>cleo

H
H
OOOO, that is awesome! I am so happy for you. I too hope this is a sign of better things to come. It definately can't hurt!!<p>Keep up the hugging. You are doing awesome!
HbH

O
OP Offline
O

E
E
OK, OOOO, WAT and I are up for a night on the town with you.. let's figure something out... you're, uh, not to pinpoint you down, but I think you are near the mixing bowl? or not? I know you are on the 95 corridor, right? send me email if you like... debminett@aol.com

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation