Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29499 11/11/99 11:43 AM
C
coffee Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I understand that in order for an affair to end the right way, the other woman has to be out of the picture completely. However, my H's other woman is his brother's wife. She has been filling his emotional needs for the past ten years! After reading everything on this site, I think it's my turn to start trying to fill his needs again. But there really is no way to get my sister-in-law completely out of the picture. We can't move, they won't move. Neither my husband nor his sister-in-law will even admit there has been anything going on! Any suggestions?

#29500 11/11/99 11:56 AM
C
C
welcome- lots of people here in your place. Read everything on the forum, and Plan A for as long as you can.<BR>come back and post- lots of help here.

#29501 11/12/99 12:52 AM
Y
Y
Hi, Coffee: Well, I knew if I stuck around here long enough, I would finally meet someone with very similar circumstances to mine. The only difference here, is that the OW was one of my younger sisters. I know exactly how you feel. Neither my H nor my sister admitted an affair to me, but without going to details, which I have done numerous times here already, trust me when I say that believing they had an affair was the last thing that I had wanted to do.<P>I had suspected my H for a couple of months, but never could figure out who it was. I never really had what you would consider "hard evidence" until it was over. Even though everything pointed to the two of them, I still found it hard to accept. <P>I know how difficult family functions can be, especially when we have had more weddings/parties/reunions this year than I think we have ever had in our entire marriage. I am fortunate in having a very large family, so it's easy to mingle, and avoid her at the same time. I have developed quite the knack for doing that in the last year.<P>Don't think it goes unnoticed when the two of them run into each other, which is hard to avoid at times. My sister still has an "in your face" attitude with me, that I have problems dealing with. It used to really annoy me, which was much too apparent, but I have taken the tactic of just ignoring her, and she usually goes away in a few minutes. Some people seem to thrive on pushing your buttons!<P>My H is very terse with her. She has this hiiieeee BIL way of greeting him, which used to ruin the day for me, but now I choose to ignore her. Many times I would leave early, until I finally decided that if anyone should be leaving, it was her. Not me! When I took that standpoint, things changed. She now is the one who makes a hasty retreat, usually without saying goodbye to anyone.<P>The best part of all of this, is that she has experienced a tremendous weight gain over the past 5 months. No, she's not pregnant, although the family has been questioning this in whispers lately. She blames a medication, but I like to think it is guilt. Wishful thinking, perhaps?<P>In August, we were at a big party, and when sister arrived, with her new boyfriend, my H did a double take, and commented to me that he noticed that sister had not been missing too many meals lately. Now, that made my day.<P>This Saturday we have an open house at another sister's house. It is open for 7 hours, and I can almost guarantee during the couple of hours we are there, she will show up at the same time. She's the quiet type, (yeah, right!) who likes to call ahead for information/directions, etc. and casually asks who will be attending, when they're coming, etc. So, it should prove quite interesting. <P>Would love you to fill me in on more details, as I'm not clear on whether you suspect them of having an affair, or just major inappropriate behaviour. Don't get me wrong. Neither one is acceptable. <P>I found the problem with me, is that I could not believe the blatant flirting, which for the most part was done in front of me, meant anything. Otherwise, why would they be flaunting it? Wrong!!!<P>Take care. It was nice to finally "meet" someone who is in basically the same position as me.<P>As Always,<P>------------------<BR><BR>SUCCESS STORY<P>

#29502 11/13/99 11:58 AM
C
coffee Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the support! My H and sister-in-law's emotional affair has been going on for about 10 years. I have proof of that, but have no proof of any sexual contact. I'm sure that's included too, though. Trying to get H to read the book, or at least look at this site, but he doesn't seem too interested. I'm wondering if I should get the rest of the family involved in our situation. H has a big family, and the more who know, the more pressure they both may have to cool it. Don't know. Really confused! I've even asked him to move out while he thinks about it, but he won't. Says he loves me, but won't answer any questions about her. Help!

#29503 11/14/99 04:18 AM
Y
Y
Hi again, Coffee: I would like you to e.mail me, as there are many questions/answers I have, and not enough space/privacy here.<P>thefarmerites@accglobal.net<P>Hope I will hear from you.<P>------------------<BR><BR>SUCCESS STORY<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation