Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
HELLO ALL!

Any men out there agree or disagree with my post Why We Have Affairs?

What do you think Rippedin2 and Doug?

Affairs blind us so badly, that it feels like love. Women what do you think? It seems like love doesn't it?

Affairs are a very cold span of time in ones life, the dishonesty hurts us, yet the excitment of the "new" person that needs us keeps us going. SELFISH!

Speaking of cold...this snow today could go away. It's going to be a long winter.

R
R
Your reasoning seems solid; and you are right about the selfish aspect of it all. If only we could all monitor the warning signs in our own behaviour to prevent this sort of thing happening before it's too late. I'm not sure at what point a person decides that "this is okay, I'm not hurting anyone". I guess that thought never enters thier mind.

I never would have believed that my wife could have done something like this, she had it happen to her in another relationship and knows the pain. She had always said to me that she would have little tolerance if I did something like that..and then this happens.

D
D
We all have the seemingly unlimited capacity for selfishness. We get hurt or don't get what we think we deserve our ego gets bruised and selfishness takes a foothold. From there it doesn't take long for things to be about "me, me, me". It is hard to see this when you're in this state and it usually takes something pretty big to be that cold glass of water in our faces.

yourstruly,
I think you have a wonderful understanding of yourself and what has made you you. I appreciate your take on this.

God bless

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 204 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation