Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
My SO recently confessed to a PA after two months of saying it was EA. They met at lunchtime (coworker). He said condoms were used (with her four times, three intercourse, once oral-done to him) each time. I am a need to know person. He said it was literally open legs, took care of himself, she did him (with condom) that was "it" (such a painful statement)He finished left, no cuddling, kissing, nothing. He swears he never returned the oral sex. He didn't know her habits. She was a coworker-very sleazy. When I confronted her (she knew I existed) I told her off, called her a slut amongst other things and she said, "so" ....After I met her (that's a completly different post) it validated what he said about they're A. Is it the standard to get tested? Both of us?
I apologize if I offended anyone with my post-I tried to be respectful.

Thank you,
Believe

R
R
GET TESTED. Both of you and use protection for six months until the second test result. You need to be sure than to be infected. -rh-

I
I
Go to your GYN doc and request blood test for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B.
Have your doc also do genital culture for Trichomonas, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia. Make sure you get yearly PAP smears since Human Papilloma Virus that causes cervical cancer is sexually transmitted.

If he really used a condom all these tests should come back negative. But he could have still been infected with Herpes or genital warts, those infections you can get by general genital contact even without intercourse.

E
E
Get tested. What are you waiting for?!!!

R
R
It seems to me that testing would add another layer of honesty to the whole thing. If what he said was true about the condoms, he should have no reservations about doing this for you.

T
T
Absolutely you should get tested! Don't wait! If he cheated, he was obviously capable of lying, so why should you believe he would be truthful right now about condom v. no condom?

I made UH go to the clinic for testing, and as mean as it may sound, I rather enjoyed watching him squirm in anxiety beforehand, be extremely uncomfortable as *I* filled out the questionnaire and patient history (had to ask him questions about his sexcapades), and fidget in the car afterward, because the testing itself had been very uncomfortable....I enjoyed his various levels of discomfort in all forms because of the anger, bitterness, and hurt, and thought that he was the one who got himself into this, he needs to pay a small price for his stupidity.

I was later tested at my OB/GYN..

L
L
My doctor tested me for all of the above stated diseases. Diseases that we don't tend to have problems w/ here in the U.S. I had to be tested for b/c there are things in Cuba that we needed to be cautious about.

I was tested but the worse thing is is that my WH always denied (still does) and he was never tested. And in my stupidity, and b/c he denied and I wanted to believe him, when we tried to reconcile I had unprotected sex w/ him over and over again. STUPID!!!!!

Now a year has passed and I do need to go in for a follow up series of tests just to be sure I'm in the clear. The first time around was ok, but I don't know what I would do if something showed up now!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 204 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation