Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
zen Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Saw this the other day at the electric company, of all places, taped to the rep's computer. I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I found it helped me that day and wanted to share it in case anyone needs it.<P><I>When God doesn't do what we want, it's not easy. Never has been. Never will be. But faith is the conviction that God knows more than we do about this life and he will get us through it.<P>Remember, disappointment is caused by unmet expectations. Disappointment is cured by revamped expectations.<P>Next time you're disappointed, don't panic. Don't give up. Just be patient and let God remind you that he is still in control. It ain't over till it's over. He still moves stones. </I><P>zen

F
F
thanks, zen. I REALLY need this. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Faith1<P>"Then Jesus answered, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.'"<BR>Matt 15:28

T
T
Zen, like you I am not overly religious, but am pretty *spiritual*. One of my faves about faith is from the original "Miracle on 34th Street" when talking about believing in the jolly old fat man...<P>"Faith is believing in something even when common sense tells you not to."<P>Truer words were never spoken for some here, huh?<P>*Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.*<P>Trueheart

Z
zen Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Faith - I knew you'd like it! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>And thanks Trueheart... that's one to memorize... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>zen

R
R
Thanks Zen. Reading it helped me start my day with a smile.<P>Lv,<BR>Jo

G
gdc Offline
G
Thanks Zen, that was at a good time!

O
O
Hi Z,<P>Thanks for that inspiration. We have some awfully good people here to put reminders in front of us. These are sometimes the breakers to help us make it through the day. <P>I would like to add to your thought with a quote, if I may.<BR>I keep this one in front of me also:<P>"Faith, the assured expection of realities of things hoped for, the evident demontration of realities though not beheld." <P>The author: Apostle Paul at Hebrews 11:1<P>While these words were to show the acts of faith of the men and woman in Bible times, there were also there to enocurage us today. We too must fight the fine fight of the faith and can do this even in our marriages. <P>I know I can't control all the actions of my H, but my ultimate goal (by the way ultimatums are what WSs claim to hate) but the ultimate goal is the reality of being a happy person. Our marriage can be part of that happiness but it takes both the H & W to make that happen. The one I can count on 100% is my faith in God. In turn, I can choose to align my faith as best as I can. If my H chooses to do the same then we can have a happy marriage. But if not, due to the one I can count on, my faith will not be destroyed and his promises will not go unfullfilled. I will still retain my faith and happiness. A bit lonely for a while but I can still smile. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] If you read all of Hebrews chapter 11, you will see what some of them went through. <P>Now the question is raised, what are God's promises for us? Well, that is a whole other topic. I can tell you this, he is very much for happy families. So all this A stuff does not have his approval. That is one reason why we are dealing with so much turmoil. <P>JMHO,<BR>L.<P>

F
F
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>"When you want something badly enough, you will develop the <BR>confidence and the ability to overcome any obstacle in your <BR>way." -- Brian Tracy<P>"The difference between a successful person and others is <BR>not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather <BR>in a lack of will." -- Vincent T. Lombardi<P>"The difference between the impossible and the possible <BR>lies in a man's determination." -- Tommy Lasorda<p>[This message has been edited by Faith1 (edited August 21, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 543 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation