Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This was on the same site as the terrifying truths:<P>1. don't take your partner for granted.<P>2. don't mind-read.<P>3. don't blame.<P>4. don't play shrink.<P>5. don't say yes when you mean no.<P>6. don't use silence as a weapon.<P>7. don't act out.<P>8. don't threaten.<P>9. don't discount.<P>10. don't triangulate.<P><BR>These may be a good guideline to follow when you're having a hard time not LBing during your plan A.<P>Karen<BR>

M
M&J Offline
M
maybe I'm out of bounds here:<P>11)Don't gain weight [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
M & J<P>I couldn't agree with you more - well, yeah - about 10lbs more!!!<P>Don't gain over that amount at any rate!!<BR>

G
gdc Offline
G
11. Don't keep score!

R
R
I was soooo skeeeeeerd to open this thread for fear I did all 10. BUT ... I'm happy to report I didn't. Pheeeew! I only did 6. <P>and #13: Don't use HIS razor on your legs. <P><BR>What does Triangulate mean?<P><p>[This message has been edited by Resilient (edited August 21, 2001).]

C
C
Wow I thought for sure that I would have mastered 10 out of 10 but I was 5 for 10. I do have things to work on. Thanks for sharing this info.<BR>cybil

N
N
If I had to guess, I would guess that "triangulate" means to bring a third party into the marital relationship, i.e. mother-in-laws, friends or OPs.<P>Before I woke up, I was guilty of 5. My H has been and continues to be guilty of 7, although no longer guilty of triangulation.<P>Newwoman

R
R
Thank you, NewWoman.<P>And now knowing the definition of "Triangulate", I am still 6 for 10.<P>My XH was and probably still is 7 for 10 which does include attempted triangulation, he's trying to get me to be his OW. LMAO<BR>Jo<p>[This message has been edited by Resilient (edited August 21, 2001).]

M
M
I've probably done them all...though I really don't like my razor used on wife's legs, as beautiful as her legs are!!<P>#14...Do not try to control.<P>Anyone? Anyone?

Q
Q
#15 Don't use sex as a weapon.<P>I'm good, but hey, I'm a newlywed, so ask me again in 10 years.<P>In my previous long-term marriage <wince> I used #4 as my tried and true answer to all. Ouch.

R
R
LOL ...<P>Nyneve, I'm so guilty of #4 tooooooooooo!<P>My H was such an abstract thinker, it was either #4 or #2, and I didn't have a crystal ball.<P>Jo

O
O
#16. don't strangulate?!??!?! ha ha..... tempting ya know...<P>I am not taking this test, I might fail. Bad moon.... I mean bad mood tonight. Big trigger.... Nextel phones....<P>L.<BR>

S
S
hey res #13 huh. Well have 3 wimen in my house, and my razor is rarely where I leave it !!!!!!!!!! Drove me nuts at first, thought I was losing my mind. Finally came to understand that my teenage daughters just like my razor I guess. I don't really mind, it is just a sharp instrument, but dang it, if they would only just put it back where I left it.<P>I am pretty good, only can claim a few, unfortuneately one of em is #10, which probably counts for for triple or sumtin.

Okay...how bad was I? Though I didn't have an affair, I guess I did involve other family members in our marriage...soooo the only one in the list I WAS NOT guilty of is #6...<P>Cr@p...<P>The good news is four months later, I am now only guilty of #4!!!!<P>The moral of the story is that if you put your mind to it, you can change!<P>Cali

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 249 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation