Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31589 11/17/99 10:28 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
I'm just a bundle of nerves!! I called to see if I could 'borrow/have' cat carrier because I'm taking my cat to be fixed next week. He agreed and is going to call me tomorrow so I can pick it up at his work. He said he knew exactly where it is becasue he bough live-in a cat and they just had it fixed. My heart sank. Our conversation was short, but happy to say at least we are communicating. I'm so anxious to leave my current situation. I did find a house to rent and the lady is only asking for 1/2 the deposit if I clean it...not a problem! No I need to come up with the $$!! The house is really small but in a very good neighborhood. Do you think it would be o.k. to ask ex to help me with some of the heavier labor? Carpet needs to be replaced (he is in the flooring business)and I know he can help with that! I'm scared, excited, depressed, and overjoyed all at once!! PLEASE pray for us!!

#31590 11/17/99 10:39 AM
S
SDS Offline
S
Bikermom I can't remeber but is ex still married? I know you want him back but you don't want to become the other woman in his life. That would be all wrong. If there is no wife then I see nothing wrong about asking him but if there is a wife in the picture, I think it would wiser not to.<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

#31591 11/17/99 10:43 AM
M
M
Well, first of all I know it won't make you feel better, but I'm envious of your situation. <P>May I ask though how you got the $$$ together to actually DO this separation thing?<P>We have two kids, which I will NOT leave. I am hoping that H would move out of the house, just for 6 months and give me some space ... I'm sure he won't and that will leave me no choice but to move out WITH THE GIRLS and take an apt. while he has the entire house to himself.<P>If just HE moves out he could live with friends or something, and NOT incur more expenses.<P>I'm sorry ... but I'm curious about the situation you're in ... and how you're doing it. Do you have kids?<P>And I don't know what I think about asking your H to fix things .... I kinda think he "owes" it to you ... to help keep costs down, ya know?

#31592 11/17/99 11:37 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Maya, my situation isn't one to be envious. I moved out of my husband's house to live with OM (I'm the betrayer). I'm now married to OM and am trying to leave him so my ex and I can get back together. Coming up with $$ to leave is sooooo hard. I have one daughter and I'm her sole parent....long story....she's adopted and I'm the only one listed on her birth certificate. I'm communicating with ex and I hope that it is a start. However I need to leave and divorce OM. He has four girls and it will be a lot easier for me and my daughter to move.<P>SDS, My ex is not married. Just has a live-in. I'm the one that is married but trying to leave....I know confusing! Right now I don't think I'm becoming the other woman.....I'm just the ex. His live-in is really bad news and I hope he realizes soon that he needs to dump her. I hope for me, but for his own sake he needs out of that relationship. I'm working on Plan A, but won't go full swing until baby and I move out. Thanks for your response.

#31593 11/17/99 11:41 AM
M
M
Oopps ... that's a little more complicated than I thought. I'm sorry, Bikermom. Hope all goes well.

#31594 11/17/99 11:43 AM
S
SDS Offline
S
I knew there was another person, just couldn't remember. What do you have to lose by asking him to help? Nothing what have you to gain? a lot. So ask him all he can say is no and you won't be any worse off will you.And if he says yes one baby step forward. Good luck an lots of prayers.<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

#31595 11/18/99 01:29 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
Hi Bikermom,<P>So I see your here as well as the ParentsPlace... I've had a lot of trouble on the PP site... but will go back to it when I get a chance.<P>I agree with Di... ask your x-H! Don't be disappointed with his response though... you <B>can</B> do it! Be positive.<P>I hope to be seeing more of your posts....<P>Work on that divorce ASAP! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I pray for your x-H to leave his live-in but that might be tough too!<P>Prayers for your success.<P>Jim<BR>(imherczeg on PP)<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited November 17, 1999).]

#31596 11/17/99 02:04 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
NSR<P>Hi old friend! I pretty much have abandon PP. I was having to much trouble. I wish Karly (seraphim) would come over here. I was going to be joint CL, but right notw I need to work on me and just don't have the energy. I'm really working hard on leaving my current situation. The problem is the abusive and when you've been beaten down for a long period of time it sure is hard to get up! I've decided that I am going to ask ex to help out. His live-in has really started to bad mouth me....she doesn't even know me!! But that's o.k., it just makes me look all the better!! Thanks for your prayers!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation