Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
My H saw that I had posted my email and also has been reading my posts and is now worried that there may be sexual predators lurking on the net.<P>It made me realize that I hadn't really been worried about giving details about where we live and jobs and that sort of thing.<P>Kind of scarey, isn't?

N
N
I worry about any kind of icky people getting my email, which is why I took it off the email exchange list. I have some special people I write to, but I know who they are.<P>I would never put my address, or phone number, size or weight (alright, I'm 125 pounds...hahahahahahaha!!!!! j/k)... but seriously, I worry about that kind of stuff too. I think it's always a good idea to be careful!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P>

S
S
Well, I set up a Hotmail account specifically for corresponding with people here and so that if someone I know happens upon this site, they won't recognize me by my ISP e-mail address. I probably give out too many details which might be recognizable to someone who knows me, but how can I give y'all a clear picture of what's going on with me if I don't?

N
N
What better place for a snake to be looking for despondent, lonely, women than this board? I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad Dr. Harley decided against setting up a Chatroom for this topic of infidelity. <BR>If I was a woman I would trust NO ONE on the internet and I mean no one. My wife got involved with some guy who said he was an ordained minister trained to help people in crisis times. He ended up helping allright, he helped himself to what was in her panties and moved on to other women in crisis.!! <BR>You can't change human nature and I firmly believe that #1 on most men's list is simply sex, always was and always will be.

K
K
Sadly, we all have to be careful no matter what we do nowadays...on the internet, on marriage builders, work, play, clubs, etc. In today's society, with all the weirdo's and crimes, one is never safe anymore. The more you protect yourself the better. I have established emails with people on MB, but, not to everyone. Afterall, you really don't know anyone here.

N
N
Sexual predators lurking on the net?! Oh, my! Of course there are.<P>------------------<BR>--Girlfriend in a coma (I know, I know it's serious)

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Maybe we need to start a post comparing our killer dogs and home arsenals.<P>We can throw in the number of personal defense classes we have taken.<BR>

W
W
Not all the predators are men; many men are the prey.

Z
Z
Essyboo:<P>I guess anytime you get with a group of people, you run the risk of having a bad apple in the bunch. We don't have "more" bad people today doing "more" bad things than before. What we have is "more" communications (TV, Movies, Radio, Newspapers, and Ah, Yes! the INTERNET)So we just hear and know more about the bad people out there. We become exposed simply by being here. Just look at the posts on this forum and you have the potential for the largest Dear John club in the world. We are all vulnerable and most of sympathize with one another. We already have the perfect formula for relationships right here. After all half of us is dumping and the other half has been dumped. If we throw all our info into a computer we would come up with perfect matches right from this board alone. This could become the Steve Harley Matchmaker board.<P>The Hotmail or Excite, or whatever (must be a thousand)is a very good idea and should be practices at all times. And if anyone of us seems to start getting too close to any "other" one of us, then the whole gang should remind us what we here for. And if anyone is approached inappropriately they should immediately post it so that all of us can be alerted. <P>It is true, this is a perfect place for men and women alike to sink their claws into some pretty vulnerable people.<P>As long as we work as a group we should be able to fend off any unsavory characters.<P>Flip<p>[This message has been edited by flipper (edited November 18, 1999).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation