Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dzee Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I feel kind of stupid for this, but here goes. My wife and I have been married for nearly two years and recently she has been acting, in a word, "spacey". She has begun corresponding with a guy via email. Now, I am the most understanding and supportive husband you can imagine. I don't "get jealous" of this kind of thing. Until recently.<P>Let me lay some groundwork here:<P>My wife is very attractive and she works in a mall and guys are always telling her so. You know the kind of stuff I mean, "Oh I wish you weren't married!" -stuff like that.<BR>Like I said, this is cool with me. I've said stuff like that too. I trust her, it'sno big deal. Sometimes we joke and I pretend to be jealous, "Hey HEY!" I'll say to her. "That's it! We're moving!" Okay? Now, I always tell her how beautiful she looks (sometimes I say "hot" or "pretty" -you get the idea). So it's not like I don't compliment her (and it isn't just her looks either, I'm just trying to establish my mind-set in the most basic way.<BR> <BR>Anyway, she starts corresponding with this guy. He's into comic books and she is on the bulletin boards online talking comics and stuff and she starts talking to this guy. But here is what is bugging me. She hasn't told him she's married and she emailed two pictures of herself to him. Now I said, "For what?" She told me to relax, it doesn't mean anything, she said that she's just being herself and if you are friends with someone, why shouldn't they know what you look like?<P>Well, here comes the "spacey" part of her thinking: I read one of her picture emails (it was in the deleted bin) In it she said that she had recruited a minion to take the pictures of her the other day.<P>A "minion".<P>I was f*cking pissed off royally. I mean, here I am, totally supportive, cool dude, unjealous and passionately into my wife. And she felt that it was appropriate to lie to this guy. Lie about a husband who is 110% there for her in every way possible. I don't drink, smoke, or use drugs. I have raisedmy voice twice to her in five years and only after she badgered me for an hour. <P>So why not mention me? I tell you what I think; Because she wants to flirt and that would ruin things (in my mind anyway). I was, in a word, massively dissappointed with her and hurt. I felt that she wasn't proud enough of me to tell this guy that *her husband* shot this. How lame is that?<P>Then I tell her I'm pissed about this email crap, and she says that she's a free spirit and that to interact with people other than me is normal and it's her just being her. She told me that just because she is interested in a person and that person is male, that it doesn't mean that she's going to leave her husband and go live with the guy. She said that whatever artery the jealous blood is flowing through, needs to be tied off. She asked if I wanted her to stop and I said I'm not that kind of guy to tell her what to do.<P>Well, what I did without her knowledge is<BR>I re-sent the letter with the word "minion" changed to "my husband" without her knowing.<BR>I know it was REALLY dumb to do that, but I don't know how to react to this, and that "minion" thing really REALLY made me feel hurt/angry/insulted. The guy replied with the usual "oh, why do you have to be married?" ----And I deleted it. Hopefully he will assume the usual, "okay this is no fun any more" and will stop emailing. Or, hopefully, my wife will continue to email but he will become aloof without being so crass & uncool as to mention her being married. And it will just stop.<P>Yeah, just when you thought I couldn't be a bigger [censored]...so what do you think of all this?<P> <P> <P>

M
M
<BR>Ok maybe I am the wrong person to talk to you about this because I do not believe in being totally "supportive" of anything that comes between your marriage.<P>I think your wife is playing with fire especially if she sees the need to lie about you.Anyway,I would say if it makes you uncomfortable tell her to stop.Marriage is too fragile to kid around with it.<BR>If you read stories on the infedelity board you will realise that most affairs nowadays start on the net.Anyway, talk to her and be honest with your feelings.<P>Good luck

D
dzee Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Maxini. I know that I should say something but I'm not that great at communicating when it's this close to me (I want to say she's acting like a jerk and that she should know better!) But the whole Plan A thing makes me think that I must find a way to meet whatever validation she gets from email correspondence. And I'm glad that that's all it has been. But my Plan A must be working. Because we have been closer these last few days than the last few weeks and it's because of my working the plan.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation