Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#329152 12/13/01 01:34 AM
B
beka Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I know I shouldn't care about how I feel but I do. Let me give a little background. My husband and I have been married for about 1 year and 1/2. We are having some trouble in our marriage. He is not willing to go for counseling and I am. We are both complete opposites in so many ways. <p>Here is the problem: Nobody (most of family, friends, etc.) likes my husband. He has a very loud voice and is often very brash. He often speaks in a tone that is offensive to people. Most of my friends don't want to socialize with us anymore because of my husband. He loves to talk about sex in front of others or just say something completely inappropriate or offensive. My husband has angered my co-workers because he has yelled at them on the phone when calling for me. My husband feels he is better than most of the people I work with.<p>I know my problem sounds silly. However, it has become a huge issue between us. It has come to the place where I am too embarrassed to go anywhere with my husband. He is not this way at home all the time. However, it is only because I will not tolerate his behavior. My husband's parents don't behave this way. What should I do? This is making me very unhappy in my marriage. We have no children. However, I don't want my children to feel it is okay to speak to people in demeaning, unfriendly ways. This is a huge problem for us. Please advise!!!

A
A
Is your husband aware of Dr. Harley's Love Bank and Love Buster concepts?<p>Maybe your husband needs to hear that his obnoxious behaviour is a lovebuster for you.<p>My granny always used to say that you should be kind to everyone, even those you feel are "below" you. Because it's the right thing to do, and because you just never know who may turn around and help you later on in life.<p>I know I might sound like an amateur psychologist, but you might want to look into his childhood life to find some kind of cause for this behaviour. For example, he may have developped the need to be loud to get people's attention, if he felt ignored or overlooked as a child.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation