I’ve been seeing the same woman know for over two years. Recently the question of marriage came up. She’s 31 and I’m 36. She has never been married were I was for 12 years and divorced now for several years. Between the two of us we have three kids, ages 13, 14, and 15. ... Two dogs and two cats..

Having survived the divorce process, I tend to be a little “gun shy” when it comes to making a commitment such as marriage; yet I can’t imagine a day or a life without her in it. In recent weeks I also learned that there is a very real chance of me being sent to Iraq for a lengthy stay. This possibility has also caused me to shy away from making a major commitment to her and that has created a few bumps on the road we’re on.

In the time that we have together during the next few weeks or months, I’d like to strengthen our relationship as best I can and perhaps I can deploy to Iraq having made a promise and a commitment to her. Until that time comes I’m seeking any insight on what material (online reading, books, work books, etc.) may be out there that will enable us to communicate more / better.