Give me what I want<BR>Is what we used to say<BR>When we were little children<BR>Each wanting our own way.<P>Give me that last piece<BR>No I don't want to share<BR>Let me have that now<BR>You're not being fair.<P>Give me all your time<BR>Don't spend any with your friends<BR>Yet give me time alone<BR>Time that never ends.<P>Give me all your money<BR>so I can spend it all<BR>Let me shop until I drop<BR>You shouldn't care at all.<P>Give me all your patience<BR>All your listening and advice,<BR>Let me be the center<BR>of yours and everyone else's lives.<P>Give me every reason<BR>to hurt and call you names,<BR>Let me go on tirades<BR>yelling, screaming, placing blame.<P>Give me all the hugs <BR>that you have within your being,<BR>Never ask for anything from me<BR>YOUR needs are not for seeing.<P>Give me all your problems<BR>but let me shrug them off,<BR>Tell me what you want to say<BR>But you'll probably get a scoff.<P>This is what I've done to you<BR>All of these 6 years<BR>I've only thought about myself<BR>About MY needs and fears.<P>Those things I thought I needed<BR>you to give to me <BR>Seem so unimportant now<BR>There's more now that I need.<P>Give me one more chance<BR>So I can prove to you<BR>How much I really can be<BR>So loving and so true.<P>Give me just a day at a time<BR>To be the person that you hugged<BR>The person that you needed<BR>The person that you loved.<P>Give me a little patience<BR>So I can truly be<BR>The woman that you've always wanted<BR>The woman inside of me.<P>Give me just a little time<BR>To forgive and to forget<BR>Time to make some repairs<BR>To the damage that I've left.<P>Give me all your love<BR>Cause that is all I need<BR>Your care, concern and affection<BR>Will get us through this, freed.<P>Give me yourself again<BR>The whole of your inner being<BR>Let me show you who we are<BR>And how we can go on living.<P>Give me all your heart<BR>Cause I had it all along<BR>I guess I just didn't know<BR>What I was doing was wrong.<P>Come back to me again<BR>And let me hold you tight<BR>Let me inside your heart<BR>And hold it through the night.<P>And when your soul gets stormy<BR>And you reach for me once more<BR>Let me be there for you<BR>Like I never was before.<P>For my husband, Dan. I love you more than anything.<P>Rachel<BR>5/26/99<P>