Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334196 11/01/00 07:15 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Is This The Answer?<P>Sometimes I wonder, when you’re home alone,<BR>If you ever just sit and stare at the phone.<BR>What of me are you thinking? What are you feeling?<BR>Does your heart for me, ever start reeling?<P>What of me do you think? What do you feel?<BR>Could your feelings for me, still be so real?<BR>So I thought I’d sit down, and try to think as you do,<BR>As I try to understand, what you might go through.<P>When will he page me? When will he call?<BR>Am I really still in, his thoughts after all?<BR>Why does he do this? Why does he care?<BR>Could it be that, he’ll always be there?<P>How has he changed? How long will it last?<BR>Could he be different, than he was in the past?<BR>Could he make me feel happy? Could he make me feel safe?<BR>What if I don’t decide, until it’s too late?<P>Will he protect me, or cause me more pain?<BR>What if this happens again, and ends up the same?<BR>Do I feel independent, do I feel in control?<BR>Or do I still miss him, in the depths of my soul?<P>Could he have changed, with help from above?<BR>Could he make me feel, that I deserve to be loved?<BR>How has he changed, what does he know?<BR>Could he possibly make, my love for him grow?<P>Does he know, who I am inside?<BR>Will I be able, in him to confide?<BR>Does he know of my pain, or even my sorrow?<BR>Could he provide a brighter tomorrow?<P>Why does he love me, why does he care?<BR>Never before, has someone been there.<BR>Why should I trust him? Why should he care?<BR>Does he know of my feelings, which are difficult to share?<P>Does he know of my pain, from when I was young?<BR>What if I tell him, what if he runs?<BR>Does he know of the feelings, of my heart I can’t share?<BR>If I can’t give him enough, will he still be there?<P>Why does he wait, for me everyday?<BR>When I’ve tried my best, to push him away?<BR>Does he care for me, or for what I can do?<BR>How do I know, his feelings are true?<P>Why does he look at me, and see only good?<BR>After finally knowing, of my childhood?<BR>Does he know I feel guilty, does he know I feel shame?<BR>How can he love me, and not see the same?<P>Does he really love me, for just who I am?<BR>Am I good enough, for him as I am?<BR>It’s been quite a while; he says he cares more,<BR>To the love in my heart, should I open the door?<P>Should I give him the chance, to show how he’s grown?<BR>Can he walk me through life, and keep me from feeling alone?<BR>What if he’s sincere, and the changes will last,<BR>Is it fair for me to judge him, based only on the past?<P>Should I give him my love, should I give him my soul?<BR>Do I believe in our love, enough to be vulnerable?<BR>Do I trust him enough, to give him my heart?<BR>Do I trust him enough, to make a new start?<P>Should I put all my faith, and trust in above,<BR>Does he have the gift, to make me feel loved?<BR>Could this finally be the one, could this one be real?<BR>Have I found someone who cares, and who knows how I feel?<P>Could this be the answer, to the prayers in my life?<BR>To live out my days, with him as his wife?<BR>What if tomorrow I look back, and he’s no longer by my side,<BR>Will I be happy with what I chose, or will I wish that I‘d tried? <P>So these are some thoughts, that I think you might feel,<BR>And also some questions, about the changes being real.<BR>Some of your worries, and some of your concerns,<BR>Some of your questions, about what I have learned.<P>It took me a while, to do what I’ve done,<BR>I’ve humbled myself, and started at square one.<BR>I tore myself down, to my innermost feelings,<BR>And built myself up, with a positive healing.<P>I’m now a different person, different inside,<BR>I have a flow of emotions, that I always used to hide.<BR>I’m full of compassion, for my fellow man,<BR>My concerns are with others, and I do what I can.<P>I try to give love, compassion, and care,<BR>As when it comes to others, I’ll always be there.<BR>To do what I can, to assist if I might,<BR>To give of myself, to aid in their plight.<P>I didn’t change overnight, it can’t happen that fast,<BR>But changes that take time, surely will last.<BR>I learned things over time, a little day by day,<BR>But I know that what I’ve learned, is now here to stay.<P>xxxx, I love you, and my feelings are true,<BR>I’m sorry for the past, for that I can’t undue.<BR>I never meant to hurt you, or cause you pain,<BR>I promise that the future, will not be the same.<P>I never want to disappoint you, or take you for granted,<BR>The seeds of our future, have been sown and planted.<BR>I would like to start over, as together we’ll grow,<BR>I can’t wait to experience, the love that we’ll know.<P>I feel I now know you, in a much deeper way,<BR>My emotions run true, there’s so much to say.<BR>I love you as a person, for who you are inside,<BR>There are no flaws in my eyes, there’s nothing to hide.<P>I love you for your soul, down to your innermost essence,<BR>I would feel blessed to live life, with you in my presence.<BR>You’re always in my thoughts, whether I’m awake or asleep,<BR>But when we are apart, my broken heart softly weeps.<P>When we’re together, my soul shines so brightly,<BR>Whether I’m sitting close by, or holding you tightly.<BR>Your beautiful radiance, enough I can’t drink,<BR>How could I be so deserving, are the thoughts that I think.<P>I want to hold you forever, to bask in your glow,<BR>I want to create a passion, which others can’t know.<BR>I want to take you by the hand, and lead you through life,<BR>I want to live out my days, with you as my wife.<P>I’m not who I was, I’ve changed and I’ve grown,<BR>Even this poem, shows a side I’ve not shown.<BR>I’ve changed in my soul, and I’ve changed in my heart,<BR>I want to live life as one, until death do us part.<P>I love you.<P>-xxxx<BR>

#334197 11/11/00 01:08 AM
R
R
That was great! <BR>Thank you.....<P>Ran

#334198 11/11/00 01:16 AM
T
T
Still Praying, that is really an impressive and powerful poem. Thanks for sharing it here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 433 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation