Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#336701 06/16/00 09:52 AM
A
Annc Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I have been posting on "Just Found Out." I discovered H was having an affair the end of April and had to confront him 5/4 because he was leaving. Since then, I have been on an emotional roller coaster, and having trouble with Plan A. H says he ended it - but in past 2-3 days, I have begun to suspect there may be contact again. The very sad thing is that our children - teenage daughters "know" because OW was calling our house. H will not discuss anything and refuses counseling. Has been promising to get tested for 3 weeks and still has not...no physical intimacy for 4 months, and no sign of him wanting intimacy.<BR>Please pray: 1)for my patience in Plan A and wisdom in dealing with H, 2)that my H will have a change of heart and really commit to our marriage, and that he has truly ended it with OW, 3)that he will one day fall in love with me again and open up his heart, 4)for our children.<BR>Thank you and God bless! A

K
K
Ann...<BR> I am praying for you and your family.<P>Kathi

G
G
I would like to recommend a book that has helped me alot. It's called "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. It's incredibly inspiring. Remember that the Lord can make all things new. I pray that our Heavenly Father will guide and protect you always. Keep yourself focused on God and his divine power. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD. Pray...pray...pray even though your circumstances seem impossible to change. God is the ONLY one who can change a situation. May He be with you always.<BR>Ginnie<P>

G
G
Annc:<BR>Didn't mean to post a "sad face" on my reply! God bless you and your family!<P>Keep the faith!<P>Ginnie

A
Annc Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Dear Ginnie and Kathi,<BR>Thank you for your prayers and please continue to keep us in them. Short update - no real changes - H still won't go get tested and will not talk about it, gets angry whenever I bring it up. Still not intimacy - I just don't know if he loves or wants me anymore...<BR>God bless...A

A
A
Dear Lord, thank You for all that You do for us. We have not done anything to deserve your deep unconditional love but you give it to us anyway. Lord, please help each of us remember to keep praising You no matter what, and to continue to pray even after the storm is over. Help us, Lord to turn our focus entirely to You. Lord, we are calling upon You today to restore Annc's marriage, completely. The enemy is trying to destroy her husband and her marriage, so in Jesus' name I take back what the enemy has stolen, and rebuke him. Lord, please speak to Annc's husband's heart, causing him to remember the vows before You he made with the wife of his youth, Annec. Father, show this husband that he must drink waters out of his own cistern, sharing his love only with his wife; help this husband to be turned away from the OW completely, now and forever more. Show him Lord the path You want him to take, help him become the man of God You want him to be. Give him a repentant heart dear Lord, and fill that heart with a deep love for his wife Annc. Let Annc's husband Rejoice in the wife of his youth, and always be captivated by her love. I pray that You will place a hedge of protection around this family, especially the children. Protect them please from the attacks of the enemy. Thank You Lord for answering our prayers. We lift up our hearts to You, they are yours. We praise You in the highest, you are our rock, our redeemer, our fortress, our salvation. Thank You so much Lord for being all these things to us. IJN I pray AMEN<p>[This message has been edited by Alcoholic's Wife (edited June 23, 2000).]

A
A
Annc,<BR>You are in my prayers today. How are you doing? <P>God bless,<BR>AW

L
L
You and your family are in my prayers also. May GOD bless you and keep you.<BR>Lone_Knight.<BR>

A
Annc Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Dear A's Wife and Lone Knight,<BR>AW, that is a wonderful prayer - thank you!!!<BR>Still pretty much the same - we are getting along well and doing things together, but still no real talk or discussion. Still no physical intimacy - I am trying to be patient but it is hard. We are leaving on a family vacation this Thurs. _ please pray that it will go well - we all need it and we need to have fun together. I don't know for sure if there is still contact with OW - time will tell, I guess.<BR>Thank you for your prayers!<BR>God bless - A

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation