Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
<BR>I need your help..I have been struggling in confusion for many months..back and forth as to whether I want to save my marriage or not. My H had an affair and as a result of that affair a child was created. My H and I separated the day the child was born, June 9, 2000. He moved out of my home and into the OW home. In doing this, the OW has convinced my H that I am the evil one and have done nothing but hurt him and cause him pain. She has convinced him that our marriage was 10 times worse than it ever was. We had our disagreements, they werent that frequent, but they were doozies. I guess my prayer request is that God will be done... help me to loosen this womans grip on my H and he will begin to see me in a whole new light, fall in love with me and our family again, come out of the "fog" she has created, and come home to me and our two children. I dont for one second believe that it could be in God's will for my marriage to end...This woman, whom I call "the devil in the flesh" is horrible! She is a serial homewrecker..this is the 3rd marriage she has broken up, and the 2nd illegitimate child that has been the product of the havoc she invokes on people's lives..She gives no forethought to the damage she has caused to the women or the children involved...I also request a prayer for my two children, especially my daughter who is having an especially difficult time dealing with this...She is in counseling, but it is going to take a lot of time and patience...My H has even been ignoring our daughter and paying more and more attention to the OW other child..who is also 6...Just the other night, my 6 year old says to me "Mommy, if you and daddy get a divorce, and you find another man, where will I live?" I said to her, "You will always live with me no matter who comes and goes out of mommy's life", then she says to me "but my daddy found someone else and left me" I told her that her daddy loves her and is working some things out. I didnt know what else to say. Her pain is my pain..and the pain my H and the OW have inflicted on everyone is almost unbearable..the only thing that keeps me going is faith..the faith that my H will realize what he has lost in our marriage and family and that he will come home and we can work to rebuild a new...through Christ, better than ever...I pray that God will ease my troubled heart and the contempt and resentment my H feels toward me. I pray for the OW, because she knows not what she has done, and if she did, that makes her even more heartless..I pray that she will eventually do the right thing and send my H back home to his family..and if we try and it doesnt work, then she can have him back...I just need a fighting chance..and I believe there is power in the word of God and in prayer, the more the better...I havent even begun to think of how I will handle the OC if my H comes home, but I know that God is by my side and he will work with me to accept this. Please pray for all of us in this increasingly difficult and confusing time. Thanks in advance! <P>aloneandsad<P>------------------<BR><p>[This message has been edited by aloneandsad (edited December 04, 2000).]

G
G
Please know that you are in my prayers. I know what a lonely place it is. May God give you patience and peace to know his will.<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
T
My prayers are with and your family. Keep the faith. God does not like divorce, But I know from experience that it is hard not to just throw in the towel.

C
CD Offline
C
aloneandsad,<P>My prayers are with you.<P> CD

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks to all of you who have responded..I cant say that much has changed or hasnt changed...My head is spinning, but I am a little less angry and feel some sense of peace...that something good will come of all of this, or maybe something already has, I just cant see it because I am looking the wrong way...Just keep my family in your prayers and that God's will be done and that he will help ease the hurt and anguish we are all feeling...Thanks again...<P>Aloneandsad

F
F
Dear aloneandsad,<BR>I have received prayer from you lately and now I know you're story. You have more strength in God than you know, reach for Him, trust in Him-rest in His arms.<BR>You are in my prayers and my thoughts. <BR>I felt your pain as I read this. You are a strong person in Christ, in that you will even pray for your enemies. "Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord" this is His fight.<BR>I pray for peace for you, and God's wisdom in this.<BR>Firefly<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aloneandsad:<BR><B><BR>I need your help..I have been struggling in confusion for many months..back and forth as to whether I want to save my marriage or not. My H had an affair and as a result of that affair a child was created. My H and I separated the day the child was born, June 9, 2000. He moved out of my home and into the OW home. In doing this, the OW has convinced my H that I am the evil one and have done nothing but hurt him and cause him pain. She has convinced him that our marriage was 10 times worse than it ever was. We had our disagreements, they werent that frequent, but they were doozies. I guess my prayer request is that God will be done... help me to loosen this womans grip on my H and he will begin to see me in a whole new light, fall in love with me and our family again, come out of the "fog" she has created, and come home to me and our two children. I dont for one second believe that it could be in God's will for my marriage to end...This woman, whom I call "the devil in the flesh" is horrible! She is a serial homewrecker..this is the 3rd marriage she has broken up, and the 2nd illegitimate child that has been the product of the havoc she invokes on people's lives..She gives no forethought to the damage she has caused to the women or the children involved...I also request a prayer for my two children, especially my daughter who is having an especially difficult time dealing with this...She is in counseling, but it is going to take a lot of time and patience...My H has even been ignoring our daughter and paying more and more attention to the OW other child..who is also 6...Just the other night, my 6 year old says to me "Mommy, if you and daddy get a divorce, and you find another man, where will I live?" I said to her, "You will always live with me no matter who comes and goes out of mommy's life", then she says to me "but my daddy found someone else and left me" I told her that her daddy loves her and is working some things out. I didnt know what else to say. Her pain is my pain..and the pain my H and the OW have inflicted on everyone is almost unbearable..the only thing that keeps me going is faith..the faith that my H will realize what he has lost in our marriage and family and that he will come home and we can work to rebuild a new...through Christ, better than ever...I pray that God will ease my troubled heart and the contempt and resentment my H feels toward me. I pray for the OW, because she knows not what she has done, and if she did, that makes her even more heartless..I pray that she will eventually do the right thing and send my H back home to his family..and if we try and it doesnt work, then she can have him back...I just need a fighting chance..and I believe there is power in the word of God and in prayer, the more the better...I havent even begun to think of how I will handle the OC if my H comes home, but I know that God is by my side and he will work with me to accept this. Please pray for all of us in this increasingly difficult and confusing time. Thanks in advance! <P>aloneandsad<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation