Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337658 12/20/00 08:49 PM
S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My 23 yo son was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, doesn't know what stage he is in yet, treatment should begin in January due to the holiday stuff. I am 3000 miles away from him and my heart is just dying. At this point, I could care less whether my marriage survives, it seems so petty to stay here with an unappreciative, demanding man who throws his tantrums because life won't go the way he wants it to. My son hasn't accepted Christ as Lord yet. I know progress has come along ways on this disease but right now my emotions are just spilling out. Thanks for praying.

#337659 12/21/00 12:23 PM
L
L
Hey we will be thinking of you and we know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.<BR>Things will work out and your Son will be fine. Just trust the Lord and all things will work out. God's love be with you and know that we love you!!! <P>Lord, we pray that you will give this wonderful mother the strength to hold on and be there for her Son who really needs her a lot now. We pray that you touch her son and give him a new lease of life not just life but life in you and life in abundance. Thank you lord for everything you are to us!!<BR>We love you Lord!!

#337660 12/23/00 04:42 PM
A
A
Sue, <P>I feel for you and your son, so sorry you have to fight that monster. I know well what it is, my Mom had it (got it at her 36, which is my age now). If this is any comfort, prospects for cure are far better nowadays, and are improving constantly. I don't know if your son have somebody to be with him when therapy starts, if not, try to organize it, usually patients experience severe reactions to therapies. But, it is just the initial shock, which might cause him to feel very ill, discouraged and actually much worse than the real status of the illness is. <P>If it is any help, there is very good web browser, at <A HREF="http://www.webbrain.com" TARGET=_blank>www.webbrain.com</A> where you can find very easily a number of links related to medicine, support groups, therapies etc. <P>I'm no expert in this area, but if you feel I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact me at adrian_faith@yahoo.co.uk<P>You and your son will be in my prayers. <P>I wish you all the best, may God bless you with strenght to be firm support to your loving son. <P>Merry Christmas, <P>Love <P>Adrian

#337661 12/23/00 05:09 PM
T
T
Sue,<BR>God Bless you and your son. Both of you are in my prayers. tessa

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation