Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338486 04/30/01 10:54 AM
R
OP Offline
R
I tried and tried, but my marriage, at this time, cannot be saved. It hurts so deeply, like never before.<P>My XH called me this morning. It was a God's send, he was kind, sweet, and gentle. We shared and he opened up about what a mess he has made, and how he too struggles. He told me that I was better to him than anyone ever has been, and this has been his fault completely. I was kind and gentle back to him, I can't be any other way-I care too much about him and even though I am in such pain & he caused it-I really don't want to see him struggle, my heart goes out to him. My broken heart.<P>I really need your prayers today.<P>Love,<BR>Petrie

F
F
I'm so sorry; you are in my prayers.May God grant you the strength to perservere...

J
J
My heart bleeds for you as well. I'm glad you are able to be kind and gentle with one another. I will be thinking of you and hope you will be okay today.

G
G
Petrie -<P>You have been in my thoughts and prayers today. You are strong and have come such a long way. I truly feel that God is not through with your marriage yet.<P>You have really responded as God would want you to towards your husband and He will honor that. Your H seems to be so confused - who knows what is going on in his heart.<P>Keep the faith honey and take care of yourself . . .<P>Patti

L
L
Dear Petrie, I pray that God gives you peace thru all of this and maybe its time to give up and let God take over. Your strenth failed you, but Gods will rise up in you and i agree with patti,i dont think God is done. A lot of the times, God likes to raise the dead and do the impossible. If you feel peace when you believe God will restore then know God will raise your marriage from the dead, for His glory. Im going to remarry my wife anyway, although we didnt divorce during our 3 years of seperation(still seperated, but almost there)I told her the other day i wanted to remarry her and she was touched. Have you ever checked out Rejoice ministries. The lady Charleyn that has an email marriage ministry and encouragement was divorced and her husband even remarried. She stood and trusted God and her husband showed up one day and was repentant and he admitted all along that God keeped speaking to him to go back to his wife. He knew she was praying for him! He was haunted and finally broke down. God wont give up, unless He see's that we have. The divorce papers are just a letter from the devil, not from God. God hates divorce. Sooo if God hates divorce, then He is obviously more than willing to restore a dead marriage, Amen? My wife did have the papers to divorce me , but i told her i wouldnt accept it, and that i would tell the judge that her wanting to do drugs wasnt a very good reason to divorce me-lol. Spend time with the Lord, His Holy Spirit will ead you into all truth and the direction ya need to take, my prayers are with you.<BR>Mark

T
T
I totally agree that a piece of paper is not the end of anything unless you give up.<P>Try to think of all the fruit the trial is bringing. It is hard - I don't want to diminish that one bit. Jesus cried right before He did his second biggest miracle - raising Lazarus from the dead. Death is always hard and you feel like it's the death of your marriage. That may be but Lazarus had been dead for a few days... Hang in there - you're in good company ;-)<P>I don't think a piece of paper will get in the way of the Lord and I know you agree. Cry today but lift up your head tomorrow and ignore the piece of paper. You are about to have a great harvest... Peace to you today and in these days. It is a very hard trial but He wouldn't ask it of you unless there were a very large reward. Focus every hour on the fruit and the example you are setting to us, to your family and friends, and to your husband. None of us are blind and deaf. Your love is a real light and it is shining right through you. I pray the Lord will lift you up and hold you tight today and this week and that you will see a change in someone you care about based on your commitment.<P>God bless you and keep you.

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you everyone for thinking about me and praying for me today. After he called me this morning it really did give me a sort of peace and I know that it was an answer to prayer. I keep praying for the Lord to speak to his heart, soul, and mind, and to deliver him from this sin. I also pray that the Lord does a work in me.<P>I know that the Lord is blessing me with a kind disposition toward my husband. I was able to share my feelings with him today, and I wanted so badly to call him-yet he was the one who called me. Right away he asked if I was doing okay-He sounded like the old Greg, the one who cared about me and loved me. It meant so much to me. <P>Lord, I leave it all at your feet, my burdens, my pain, my broken marriage.<P>Thanks again everyone for your prayers as I am sure it is why I felt comforted today!<P>Petrie

G
G
Dear Petrie,<P>I know the pain must be bad. I am so thankful that I am still married. I know God is behind the divorce still hanging out there somewhere. I pray it just goes away.I am praying for you. I do believe that your marriage will restored as long as you stand with God. Don't give up and have the faith to wait for God to bring your husband home.<P>God has blessed you so much with the wonderful things he is saying about you. I know the divorce has got to be killing you but I believe this( divorce) is only temporary. I can't say I know exactly how you feel since I haven't had to face this dreaded day and pray I don't, but I do feel your pain. Never give up. Wait for your promise.<P>gentle

A
A
Dear Petrie,<P> I am here also,praying for you.The devil had his hand in the divorce,but God gave you a gift this morning,your husbands sweet caring voice.<BR> <BR> love and prayers,beth

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation