Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338704 05/18/01 05:43 PM
R
OP Offline
R
My divorce was final on 4/30/01. Everything totally initiated by him. I always maintained "the stand" for my marriage, and continued to pray. Even if reconciliation wasn't possible, I wanted so badly for my XH to come out of the fog and realize what he was doing.<P>Well, low and behold, he now realizes (& more everyday) what he gave up and all that he sacrificed for a lie. I have received his calls and visits open heartedly. I know that this is only the beginning and I don't know what will ultimately happen. It gives me such peace to know that he came to me and showed me emotion and regret, all of his own free will (and the Lord's good work!).<P>It is what I have prayed for for so long. I had faith and hope, but I still didn't think this would ever happen. It is only the beginning yes. But, still a true example of the power of prayer.<P>Please, I ask you all to continue to pray for my XH and I, that he be truly delivered from the OW, be repentent, and able to find the love for me that he once had, and that I have the strength take this all on. I just don't think I could take any more heartache. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thank you<BR>Petrie<P>

#338705 05/18/01 06:29 PM
G
G
Petrie,<P>Praise God! I knew this would start to happen. I will continue to pray for your marriage. Remember Satan will start pulling on him harder now so, XH may go back and forth about feelings. We know that God will win. Praise God for His work and for your faithfulness. Don't let Satan steal any of the glory!<P>gentle

#338706 05/18/01 07:32 PM
G
G
Petrie -<P>Glory be to God! We have prayed for this and are rejoicing with you. Just take it slowly, one day at a time, and lean on God. There will be good days and bad days but God works in mysterious ways. Just remember to reflect His glory. You and your H are in my prayers.<P>Patti

#338707 05/19/01 03:46 AM
L
L
Amen Petrie. My wife at one point in our 3 years and counting seperation told me she wanted a divorce cause she knew deep inside oneday she would like to start over with a new marriage, with me of course. I think it was the guilt and she wanted to somehow have a way out cause she knew i wouldnt give up. we spent the day together today and we are really growing closer and she told me a few months ago, she was glad she never divorced me. I think it was cause she cost me enough money-lol. Be patient with your husband and maybe mention to him that now you two can start over and do it right this time. I told my wife we are going to get remarried anyway and she was touched although it will just be symbolic.(still have piece of paper) My prayers are with you.<BR>Mark

#338708 05/19/01 05:07 AM
A
A
Petrie,<P> You know you are still in my prayers.<P> beth

#338709 05/19/01 04:09 PM
L
L
Praise the LORD!!!<BR>With God all things are POSSIBLE!!!<P>I am so happy for you! You are in my prayers!

#338710 05/20/01 10:16 AM
T
T
What great news!!!<P>I am so happy for you and I will remember you in my prayers.

#338711 05/21/01 07:33 AM
S
S
Praise be to God! You are in my prayers. Keep hanging in there.<P>Steve

#338712 05/21/01 07:26 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Thank you everyone for your kind words and continued prayer! The prayers are probably needed more than ever! I am very optimistic right now, yet I know that it will be a difficult road ahead.<P>Praise God<BR>Petrie<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation