Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340541 12/17/01 12:51 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I know that message after message has been posted in this topic of infidelity. But, I don't know where to begin to search for what I need. <p>My husband told me about two weeks ago that he has been cheating on and off through out the whole 2 years of our marriage. There was not one special person. There were THREE!!! He was just sexing for sex. He says that proves he was not having an "affair", but that he has a problem. Is this true? What do we do?<p>He is very sorry, who wouldn't be? He has said that he will go to counseling. He says that the reason he told me is that he wants to put and end to it and make it right. He says he wants to make me happy. But he has destroyed me. <p>There are so many questions. I don't know how to even begin the process of forgiving him. I am so very in love with him still, but I can't respond to him. I don't want a divorce, but what kind of marriage is this going to be. <p>I am hurting so bad. I tried so hard, I gave more than I had to give. I forgave so many times during our marriage to no avail. I don't know if I can ever trust him again! I really need some help with this. I don't know what to do.<p>
How do people get through this?

#340542 12/17/01 03:53 PM
F
F
Tracey--<p>I don't know anything about sexual addiction, but it sound like your husband might have it. You should speak to a Christian counselor who specializes in addictions---call a local church to get a referral. I am so sorry that you are hurting---You are NOT alone! WE all have a story, and maybe someone else has some advice for you---have you tried posting in general questions II? There are a lot of good people there who have gone through similar things. <p>
Dear Lord,<p>FAther, I lift Tracey up to You. She is hurting so badly. Father, take this pain away from her. Please give her a renewed spirit. You know what she needs, Lord! WE love You, and thank You for the many blessings we have---we thank You in advance for giving Tracey the peace that only You can provide! Thank You again, Lord! In Jesus' name I pray--
Amen!<p>Hugs to you,
Krystal

#340543 12/17/01 04:09 PM
T
T
TRACEY,
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE AND YOURS WAS THE FIRST THING I READ AND IT IS VERY STRANGE HOW SIMILAR OUR TALES ARE. MY HUSBAND OF 12 YEARS HAS
ALSO HAD MANY OFF CAMPUS INTRESTS. I FOUND OUT 1
AND A HALF HELLISH YEARS AGO THAT HE WAS MAKING IT WITH ANYONE WHO WOULD GIVE HIM THE TIME OF DAY
AND HERE I WAS AT HOME WITH THE KIDS THINKING HOW LUCKY I AM TO HAVE A MARRIGE SO STRONG AND WITH MY BEST FRIEND AT THAT.I KNOW HES VERY SORRY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE AND I LOVE HIM ALOT BUT I HATE HIM JUST AS MUCH FOR MAKING ME HAVE THE INSANE THOUGHTS THAT I DO AND DISTROYING MY FAITH IN EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE, I MEAN AFTER ALL IF THE PERSON I LOVED AND DEPENDED ON WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING COULD SO FLAGRENTLY BETRAY ME ANYONE ONE COULD. MY HUSBAND ACTUALLY KEPT SCORE WITH HIS BUDDIES OF HIS CONQUESTS ,I GUESS HE WAS VERY PROUD OF HIMSELF,I DONT KNOW BUT I THINK ITS A SELF ESTEEM ISSUE FOR THEM TO PROVE THEY STILL CAN. ANY WAY TRACY IM SURE THIS DIDNT HELP YOU AT ALL I JUST NEEDED TO PURGE SOME OF THIS MY SELF AND I THINK YOU KNOW HOW IM FEELING.

#340544 12/18/01 10:16 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Dear "The Clash",<p>Thank you for your response. I know how you feel.<p>I would like to talk more to you privately. What is your e-mail address? Mine is MICHELETOOLEY@HOTMAIL.COM. Maybe we can talk, write, pray for, listen to, help, encourage, cry with, hopefully eventually laugh with, listen to, listen to, listen to, each other and hopefully both make it through this God awful situation. <p>Tracey M.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation