Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
Please pray for us. We have been married for 15 years and have one beautiful son. My husband said that he had not been happy for a long time and is probably going through a midlife crisis. He just wants to move on and get divorced fast. He left on New Year's Eve. I have been crying non-stop and have tried to beg him back to no avail. Please pray for Brian to have a change of heart and come home to us. I will be the best wife and mother on this earth if only he would come home.<p>God Bless you all,
Wendy

L
L
Hi, Wendy.
I read your post, and saw a lot of my situation in it. I know this is hard, but you have come to the right place! Be assured God has brought you here, and He is working even around your pain to heal your M.<p>First of all, try to get a hold of your emotions. It will do you no good to cry, beg, plead, or make promises to your H. He isn't hearing them right now. We refer to this around here as the "fog" and when it rolls in, it's pretty thick! Read all about this stuff in this website. There are links at the top of the page to read what the concepts are in MB, and how they can help you get through this.<p>Time is your ally, so whatever your H wants to do quickly, stall as much as you can. Time ALONE will make him come out of this whatever he is in. Time is your friend, so learn to wait! You might be waiting for awhile.<p>First you have to learn to relax, and breathe, and trust God. He IS still in control! I know it's hard to believe that right now, but it's true! Please spend some time alone with Him, read, pray and listen.<p>Second you have to know that WE are all here with you. There are many of us here...and we all know how you feel, have been through it, and will help you every step of the way to make it through this. You will hear from others in the next fews days. Sometimes people don't get right around to you right away, but once they see you, they are faithful brothers and sisters to pray and hold you up!<p> = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Father, I pray right now for Wendy. Her heart is hurting right now, Father, and we all know that pain. Lord, you know the pain of rejection and losing one You love. Lord, I lift up my sister Wendy for a healing touch. Let her feel Your Love right now, Lord, and let her see your Hand working on her Marriage. Lord Jesus, we thank You for your supreme sacrifice of Yourself for US. Help us, Lord, Bless you and Praise You for your incredible gift! Keep us close to Your heart, Father, and show us that you "will never leave us or forsake us." Thank you, Jesus!
Amen

A
A
Wendy,<p>Wendy, I will pray for you and for Brian. The most important thing that you can do is ask God to give you patience and to begin a closer walk with God. Ask God to hold you and protect you and guide your every step. This is a hard time and hearing the angry words from Brian hurts!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Brian is in a FOG and his anger is lashing out to the ones he loves the MOST. Ask God to work on his heart. Also, read the book "A Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian.<p>Now, I would like to ask for all at MB to pray for my husband, Ray and I . We will see each other tonight and this is the first time that we have been together without the FOG being sooooo thick!!<p> I love my husband, Ray!! I have been praying daily for God to restore our marriage. Tonight, as we talk I ask that God will begin to restore our feelings and commitment to each other. I pray that Ray will choose to leave the OW and come home. I ask God for patience, love, and understanding. I pray that God will help both of us to forgive and forget the past. I do not want to forget the lessons that I have learned from the past -- I just want to forget the pain that we have caused one another. Please pray for us. <p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Wendy, you will be amazed at how God answers prayer. God loves us and wants us to be near Him and love and trust him. God's timetable may not be the same as ours BUT he gives to those that ASK!!

R
R
I am so sorry to know you are hurting so much. I and others here, have felt that pain too. I am the WS, wayward spouse. I left my wife to live with the OW, other woman. Just as your husband has hurt you, I hurt my wife as well. When I left, my wife did beg me to stay, but I felt justified, (didn't matter that I was hurting her) in what I had done and thought I was on my way to more happy life.<p>I was wrong, God in his mercy convicted me of my sinful behavior. I have been on the long road back to reconciliation every sense, (see my post in the Prayer Request.) Believe me, I have now had my share of pain...knowing what I have done to my wife, sons and family. <p>No matter how big the mess we have caused, our God can restore and heal. Where else can we turn in such a time of need. I will pray that God will touch his heart. Does your husband know the Lord as his savior?<p>Dear wonderful Lord, I pray that you will comfort Wendy. I ask that you direct her in prayer and study to come more close to you in this situation. I pray that you will go after her WS. Cause him to hear from you. Have mercy on him and direct him to turn away from his sinful behavior and return to his loving wife. Lord, we ask that you come against the works of the enemy and mister to this husband and wife. Show them the direction they should follow to restore their marriage. We thank you Lord know that you ask us to pray for one another. Amen

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 423 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation