Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340805 02/15/02 09:27 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Well, everybody, we always come here and ask for prayer, so I thought it might be a "lift" if we could share answered prayers once in awhile!<p>I think I actually have two (I think!)<p>First of all, some background: I had met a dear, dear sister from the boards, and we began e-mailing privately, praying for one another and our WH's. She was very concerned that her H and OW worked together, and he didn't seem able to "get away and stay away" from OW. He had come home once or twice, very repentant and remorseful, but always went back to Ow after seeing her at work. <p>This dear sister was becoming weary in her "stand" for her H and her M. We were praying for him to come home, and MY particular prayer was for OW to be taken OUT of his life in a most unusual and bizarre way! In other words, in a way that was clear to ALL concerned that GOD had intervened and she would not bother him anymore....for God to TAKE HER AWAY completely!<p>Well, I spoke with her (AND her H) on the phone last night. It seems he did come home just a couple of weeks ago, this time for good (according to him). Then, at midnight on V.D., there was a commotion outside (they knew something - dogs barking - but didn't go to investigate), and in the morning they found out that OW had come to their house and vandalized H's car!!! Several hundred $ damage!! They spent all day yesterday at police station filling out appropriate papers, and now there is restraining order against OW, to keep her from EVER coming near H, AND keeping HIM from going near - or contacting - OW!!!<p>HOW's THAT for answering prayer?!?!? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Specific answer!! "Ow removed in a most unusual and bizarre way!!" The POLICE will keep him and her away from each other!!!<p>BTW - she is soon being transferred to another city for job! (And I had thought THAT was the answer to my prayer!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>Second answer to prayer is a little less specific (or dramatic): After talking to Dear Sister, I prayed, and thanked Lord for answered prayer, and asked him AGAIN to "speak to me" about my OWN situation....as I am getting "weary" myself!<p>I started reading my Bible after that, preparing for bed. I was going to James to read some specific scripture, but ended up flipping open to Philemon. I felt I was supposed to read the whole Book - it's only 25 verses, and here's what God spoke to me:
v. 12,15-16 "[i]...I am sending him " (WH?)" - who is my very heart "(I KNOW God loves my WH, too!)" back to you...Perhaps the reason he was separated from you for a little while was that you might have him back for good....no longer as a slave" (our relationship was NOT GOOD before he left - I looked DOWN on him, and took him and his work around the house to help for granted), "but better than a slave, as a dear brother "(NOT an adversary?)". He is very dear to me, but even dearer to you, both as a man and as a brother in the Lord."<p>I thank the LORD for answering my prayer, and letting me know ahead of time that HE IS RETURNING MY WH TO ME!!!<p>PRAISE THE LORD!!!

#340806 02/18/02 05:10 PM
M
M
It is so good to hear when prayers are being answered.

#340807 02/18/02 06:06 PM
L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Morriggs:
<strong>It is so good to hear when prayers are being answered.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I'm still praying for you, dear sister. Please write me and let me know how you are doing...<p>God Bless you.

#340808 02/19/02 07:46 PM
W
W
LupoLady,<p>That is a great answer to prayer!<p>Also, wonderful idea to become prayer partners.
Is there anyone out there who would like to join in??? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]

#340809 02/19/02 10:12 PM
L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WillGetThruThis:
<strong> wonderful idea to become prayer partners.
Is there anyone out there who would like to join in??? </strong><hr></blockquote><p>Well, we used to set something up to pray for each other every Thursday evening....set a time and all pray at the same time......but dear brother Plecostomous, who used to post all the prayer requests together hasn't been on the boards lately....<p>We should start it up again....I'm sure it helped a LOT of people.

#340810 02/27/02 12:37 AM
W
W
Lupolady,<p>Thanks for your post - I prayed the same thing that you posted & here is what God did in response-<p>OW 2 made a call to me saying for my WH to stay away from OW1!! I called him & asked him what was going on up there He works in another state) He started to get vey angry. I told him that "whoever" called was acting like a 10 year old! He said they wer vindictive!!!! I love it OW2 lb'g big time.<p>Then there was someone else that my WH worked with that red flags were going up all over the place. I think things were beginning. They wer foing to meet Sat for "business". As it turns out, she left a message & said she couldn't meet. (too bad) Now I hear she's been out of work with a bad back.<p>Thank you Lord. Now for OW1........I keep praying a hedge of thorns around my WH every day & at times in the evening too.<p>God is mighy and God is good!<p>God Bless you Lupolady<p>
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <------------> [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#340811 03/01/02 10:30 AM
K
K
Lupolady,<p>It is so good to hear how God answers prayer, because it is often not as we suspect or can forsee Him answering. You are a blessing to these boards, hang in there and let God the Father, Son and Spirit strengthen you as you wait and as you battle.<p>knight

#340812 03/02/02 09:32 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Thank you, Knight, for your kind words. It is true, God gives each of us only what we can bear. I do not believe I could endure the trials you are going through. You are truly a strong man. I covet your strength and faith!<p>It is truly a spiritual battle, a battle OUT of our hands....let us endure to the end, knowing that God will bless the end of our life more than the beginning.<p>WillGetTHrough....do you want to hear about the "hedge of thorns" the Lord has put around MY H?? He now sits at home (ow's home, is true), flat on his back, cannot work since his "knees went out on him" - in excruciating pain if he tries to walk - waiting for the middle of the month to go in for surgery (been out of work a month already), and then looking at another MONTH of rehabiliation!! PTL!!! <p>God is keeping him down, and injured so that he can't "perform" any uh - "chores," which I'm sure was part of why SHE liked having him around! (She is not M, single woman, has her own health problems though....probably wanted HIM around cause HE IS so good at fixing, problem-solving, a giving, caring person). I have no doubt she built up that part of his personality, "She needed him, blah, blah, blah," - He was so good at fixing, repairing, they could help each other....she understood him, I didn't. You know the drill.<p>Well? Wonder what she will do now?!? When he doesn't work for several months? Can't pay his CC bills, (the ones HE ran up taking HER out to dinner every week!) When he can't - well, you get what I'm trying to say....... I believe this is "God's Hedge of Thorns."<p>PTL!! \o/ \o/ (This is me raising my hands in Praise to our Wonderful Father)<p>God Bless,

#340813 03/02/02 10:56 AM
T
T
Hi Lupo!!<p>I'm so glad to hear your upbeat tone. I just LOVE your sense of humor!!<p>I think that prayer must have really pleased God - the BIZARRE part of it seemed too much at first but the more I thought about it, the more I realized - YES - that's the right prayer. It shows these WS and OW/OM who the real boss of life is and guess what - it's not them or us. I always say the Lord has a great sense of humor.<p>I am tickled pink about the restraining order and about the back!!! Too funny, too funny. I hope the back is just temporary but the OW will learn the difference between marriage and an affair and so will your husband. I hope this lasts long enough for them to bicker day and night.<p>I haven't posted in ages and ages but are you talking to your H now?<p>Things are WAY better with mine. We talk, went skiing for a weekend with my daughter and actually agreed on discipline for the first time in 7 years. I feel so much CALMER.<p>I have no idea about how the OW is doing but she must not be too happy because he is with us twice a week. I don't put any pressure on him in any way though. Just act like nothing is the matter. I'm going to let the Lord call him home when we're both ready. I feel like I am "growing up" and I think this separation has done me some good and opened me up more to the Lord. I also found a new job with CHRISTIANS all over the company. What a difference that makes!<p>I passed my year anniversary of the announcement but the enemy has won nothing. He has lost because the Lord called me closer to Him and I don't desire a new man. I'd rather live by myself and devote myself to the Lord than start up another relationship. <p>If we want to start up the prayer list again - I'm all for it!<p>I think we are all plenty strong enough to handle these crises or we wouldn't be in them. We all contributed to the situation but the Lord is so merciful and so powerful, He will send us the support we need to get out of them.<p>Thank you, Jesus, for calling us to You. Thank you for the grace You pour down. Thank You for the opportunity to know Your greatness and to witness it with our own senses. You are the Lord, the Creator, our God and no one and nothing can come before You. All creation praises you.<p>Amen.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 300 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation