Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Hi. Just tried to post this but got disconnected.<p>I know usually we seek more personalized prayer but this is pretty personal! It hurts to be miles away and know that my brother and sister-in-law's M is falling apart. To date, no known A but if sis-in-law doesn't stop her antics, who knows where things will go? [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm not saying Brother is totally innocent but I'm not there, either. All I know is she recently threw a pair of scissors at him, she expects him to work 24/7, constantly berates him and believes his work is worthless--she is the "real breadwinner". This is such a travesty. They have two beautiful little boys. They are believers.<p>We love sis-in-law but do believe she manipulated Bro into marriage (had to leave Bible school since she got pregnant.) Bro should be involved in ministry now that things are sorted out but obviously--things are NOT sorted out.<p>I wish I could gently teach sis-in-law about emotional needs, etc but know it would be rejected.<p>The irony is this is my one out of three brothers who actively professes Christ but wrote me off when I repented of my A. Told me I was blasphemous to say I would never have another A--I wasn't telling him I was sinless--anyway, enough of that.<p>Please pray the rift between he and I heals and that God will use me in some way to support him as he seeks the Lord. He doesn't believe in Divorce but his W ordered him to move out. They calmed down and he finally convinced her to see a counselor.<p>As Satan would have it, the counselor who is famed for his reliability, FORGOT and wasn't there when they came. People do make mistakes but please pray Bro can convince his W to try again. I know Counselor won't forget a second time. <p>More than that, please pray the Great Counselor will heal their wounded hearts, broken M and direct me in a non-interfering and yet loving manner.<p>Thanks, guys!

T
T
Lord, send Your healing touch on this family and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to guide them into the man-wife relationship you had in mind.<p>Lord, Your enemy tries to take all the territory but we are here standing our ground so that no other marriages will be destroyed. Hear the prayers of Your faithful children and thank You for all the blessings You have showered on us in Your great mercy.<p>Help us to humble ourselves before You and each other and heal the rifts in all families before You. Amen.

F
OP Offline
F
Ok, it is now officially a nightmare. She cracked up at 1:30 am and locked my brother out of the house. She threw scissors at him but somehow has threatened a restraining order on him.<p>The boys are just small--the oldest one cried and the toddler didn't know what was happening and just kept saying "wuv you" over and over. My mom is in a million pieces. My brother has no one else there, although his sister-in-law suggested he stand up to W.<p>I feel frightened that her erratic behaviour is a coverup for an A or else that she just went bonkers. Please keep praying.<p>Tryingtohope, you have been a help to me in the past. Thank you for helping again. H, 15D and I are going to a special meeting tonight--maybe I can seek out more intercessors there also.<p>I believe God can heal marriages and restore families. I know He gives His children the promise of a "sound mind." He did that for me. Please pray that I don't upset Sis-in-law (I'm dying to tell her off but know that is not right and won't do that) and that God provides some way for me to reach out to my baby brother.<p>Thanks. Please also pray for my parents. My Dad has Parkinsons and this won't help his illness. My Mom is very emotional and it was exactly this time last year they were dealing with the mess I had made of my M and our ministry.<p>One happy note personally is H begins ministry as a lay pastor in April. I just pray to minister hope and grace to little bro right now.

F
OP Offline
F
I'm not sure if anyone else here replies as often to their own threads as I tend to sometimes but I have great news!<p>Sisterinlaw sent me an e and assured me there is no A. She agrees to counselling and wants the M to work. Please pray for her as she feels she has lost her trust in Brother. I suspect he is feeling the same kind of feelings on his side.<p>Thanks for your prayers. Please keep praying that my parents seek God and don't make themselves sick with worry. <p>You are sure powerful prayer warriors here.

S
S
Freshstart,<p>That sure is some positive news for your brothers M. I will keep you and your brothers family in my thoughts and prayers.<p>Lord, please protect freshstarts parents hearts in their childrens time of need. The stress of their childrens lives may be hard on their health, but please look after them for Freshstart.
Thankyou for softening Freshstarts sister-in-laws heart, for allowing her to see that counselling may be a good thing for her family. Continue to work wonders on this family and help them Lord, in their times of need. Even through the craziness of separation you have a will, let it be reconciliation for these M's.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

W
W
Freshstart:<p>You are such a support to others here. I pray God grants the strength and grace your B and SIL need to see the restoration of their marriage.<p>God bless you and your family.

T
T
Hi FreshStart,<p>It sounds like your sister-in-law is very frustrated with your brother. I would guess that she feels that he patronizes her and she feels that she has to defend herself aggressively. I say this because I am also prone to completely losing my temper and it only happens with people whom I love and whom I feel are refusing to listen and understand me. (It hasn't happened in a few years now but I did try to punch my husband twice and when I was little I threw something heavy at my sister.) You don't do these things from a position of strength. You do it because you feel that there is no way to communicate and you get in a rage over the smugness or coldness of the other person which you then try to break by an outrageous action. I think it's great that she has emailed you. She must trust you. Don't make a big deal about the kids - they know what happened is not a good thing but if nobody dramatizes it, it won't be so dramatic to them either.<p>Jesus, thanks for the faith of Fresh Start. Lord, You work in mysterious and marvelous ways. Let this difficulty bring FS and her brother closer and bring peace to his family. I ask this in Your Holy Name, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for all your support, everyone.<p>Tryingtohope, yes, I have been in a similar place myself in the past.
My B was home for one night (kids begged for him to stay) C starts this week. She tells him he can come home after a couple sessions. This separation thing scares me but I'm still praying.<p>God has been doing such incredible things in my life and those around me that I must trust Him in this case. Yes, my personal wish is to be reconciled with Brother and to see them in a strong marriage.<p>Thanks again, everyone.

F
OP Offline
F
Hi, little praise report update! Brother is home again. Please pray that they determine to work things through. God is so good!

K
K
Amen, sister,<p>That is good news, we will keep praying. Sounds like you are doing well.<p>knight

F
OP Offline
F
Hi, Knight. Been thinking of you and wondering how things are?<p>I had a really difficult work week and an impossible workload starting tomorrow plus our church is moving. Did I tell you H is returning to ministry?<p>God is good, though. Somehow He provides the strength and enables us to cope. My problems seem so insignificant when I think of the way you and others here are hurting. <p>I hope you are finding those occasional beautiful moments of encouragement. Once in a while the Lord reaches down and just does something so sweet and special to ease all the pain and remind you He is there for you. You deserve great comfort, my brother. <p>Keep trusting and thank you for the wonderful example you are here--you are likely in one of the toughest situations emotionally and yet you keep loving your WW and wrestling God to maintain your faith and believing His promises. You truly are a Knight for the Lord and we pray your nightmare will be transformed to a reality of peace and restoration.<p>Let the Father hold you close, Knight.

K
K
Feshstart,<p>You have brought me to tears. But in a good way. I do not feel I have the strength to carry on but God (I love those 2 words), gives me the strength and the beautiful moments that do carry me through. Thanks for being there.<p>May you experience God's manifold blessings and strength for what you are going through. And may God give you and your H the skills and the love for the M He wants for you.<p>In His love,
knight

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,065 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation