Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I meant to post this earlier, during the week-end so more people would see it, but I didn't get back here to do it. Ah, well. God will bring the people HE wants to pray with/for us.<p>WH is having knee surgery tomorrow (Tuesday, 19th). Arthroscopic only, buuuuut......I have a very good friend, who says, "I'm very scared for him.....(WH)"<p>"He's SOOO outside God's will......I'm afraid for him to go under anesthesia." <p>I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT!!!!! I have been praying The Lord will "reveal" some stuff to him, but now also praying he will be OK during the surgery!<p>Thanks for anyone who wants to join me in praying his surgery will go well....as well as praying that he COMES TO HIS SENSES SOON!!!! And wants to come home and work to FIX this M, not abandon it.<p>Thank you all so much!

S
S
Lupo,
Only read your post now, but i pray that everything went ok for H in surgery.
I also have prayed that the Lord touched H in some way while he was under Anaesthetic.
God is great, he can work miracles for us.
Thinking of you

L
L
Dear Lupo, I understand how you feel. We need to see our mates humbled, yet hope it isnt too hard. I pray God humbles your WH.
I have seen my WW humbled so many times and sometimes really hard and i wonder why it doesnt last. Now she believes she can get children back and have a happy life if she kicks me down the road, which she has now done. She has turned very cold and indiferent. That quick. A few weeks ago she was in love with me and it showed.
I am very hurt but at the same time know she will be humbled once again. I dont think its going to be half way either. I have been humbled myself.
The pain of a broken heart does it for me. I guess im no better than WW. Except she strays very far.
Dear Lord, I pray that you would have mercy on our Wayward mates when you humble them. I pray they would turn to you Lord with all their hearts. Give Us comfort in our pain while we wait upon you Lord to heal our broken homes and marriages.
IJN, Amen

L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shinobi:
<strong>I pray that everything went ok for H in surgery.
I also have prayed that the Lord touched H in some way while he was under Anaesthetic.
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Shinobi,
Thank you so much for your concern and prayers! I honestly don't know how his surgery went. I hope to find out this week-end, though. <p> I gotta tell ya, I also prayed the Lord would "touch" H somehow during the procedure, while under anesthesia!! I'm sure He did.......I sorta felt something.........something very "weird" about 8:30 am......not sure about what happened, or went down. But I feel SOMETHING sure did! <p>Mark,
I'm so sorry to hear all this new junk in your life. I pray your W will finally give herself over to the Lord, and let Him direct her, think for her, and lead the rest of her life.<p>I think she might be close to that. This is always when the "fight" is most fierce. You know that.
I will pray the Lord will make that "break-through" for you, cause we are only flesh, and WE CAN"T HANDLE many trials for too long without being broken.<p>Love & Prayers,

L
L
Yes Lupo, it is always darkest before the dawn. Evil intensifies when their is a breakthru. My W just 2 weeks ago told me she was about ready to come home. She wont even talk to me now for over a week. Her mother really got to her last weekend or something. She is in total fear of even talking to me. I will be praying for her all weekend that the Lord would heal her waywardness and break the hold and fear the enemy has got on her mind. Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragment. I need them. Im really struggling. I find at times I want to go off and do things I should not do. I believe she's going to be very humbled as if she hasent been already. God has constantly humbled her so hard. Her bottom seems bottemless at times. May God have mercy on her and your WH also.
Your always in my Prayers, Mark

L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lostpup:
<strong>Yes Lupo, it is always darkest before the dawn. </strong><hr></blockquote>
Mark,
How very true! OK, here's an update....
I knew I couldn't totally ignore H's surgery. After all, I want him to KNOW that I CARE about him, without pressuring him, right? He left, cause he felt I didn't care....sooooo how to find the balance?<p>I decided that I would send him flowers for recovery....well, that didn't work. I opened the Flowers by FTD, and there on the first page I found a "Get Well Bear" instead!!! It was adorable!!! I LOVED IT!!! I knew HE would love it!!! SO I had it sent to him. Then all day I was sad cause he didn't call to thank me!!! <p>I was being attacked MAJORLY by everything imaginable. I have been working hard all week trying to schedule a way to get a sick dog into the vet, but had long days and Miserable meetings to attend. I started getting angry that WH is Not HERE to help me with all this....trying to do it all ALONE.....satan was throwing ALL he had at me to make me give up on WH. He wanted me angry at H, so he could snatch the opportunity which he knew was coming... <p>Waaal, late this afternoon, AFTER all the BS at work. AFTER all the angry thoughts I fought back after getting the dog to the vet, paying the EXTRA $ it will cost to fix her infected foot....AFTER getting home a second time and (again) seeing that WH had not called, but THANKING GOD that I wasn't going to give up believing that HE was working on WH.....he DID call.<p>He called to thank me for sending him the Bear. He was in a pretty good mood, and we talked a LOOONG time.....it was very good!!! GOD IS VERY GOOD!!! GOD GAVE ME A WONDERFUL BLESSING today. It is the FIRST time WH initiated a call TO ME. AND to thank me for something.........Praise The Lord!
\o/ <---- THis is me, Praising the Lord.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong>Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragment. I need them. I'm really struggling.</strong><hr></blockquote>
You know I pray for you always, my brother. We know that God is all-knowing and ALL-loving towards us, His children. HE will NOT leave you, or forsake you.....cling to Him, Mark. <p>I will pray you will trust Him more. More than you ever have before. I pray you will Love Him MORE than ever before. Mark, HE LOVES YOU more than you will know until you enter GLORY. Believe it, profess it, CLAIM IT.<p>God Bless,

L
OP Offline
L
Awww....c'mon, folks.......<p>I get the FIRST PHONE CALL initiated by WH in over TEN MONTHS and I get NO Praise the Lord posts?!?!?<p>\o/ <--------- PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>This is MAJOR answer to prayer, folks. I specifically asked the Lord to have H initiate phone calls TO ME so that I wouldn't seem to be "chasing" him all the time.......and it happened!!! I was SO excited!! I wanted everyone to be happy.<p>Sooo, \o/ PRAISE THE LORD WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
B
Praise the Lord!<p>\o/<p>ten months, wow, I think I'll praise the Lord that he has given you such strength to carry on.

L
L
Praise God Lupo for His strenth raising up in you. I know what its like to not hear from my WW for 10 months and no matter what its a blessing when they do finally call. I havent heard from my WW for goin on 3 weeks now. She did another 180 and wants nothing to do with me. With Gods love i will get thru this again.
Mark

D
D
I am heartened to hear of this answer to prayer. I am just new into this and 10 months seems like a scary long time to me. I admire your strength to carry on and your faithfullness to stand.
Lord may I also be faithful to walk by faith and not by sight.<p>Darcy

L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darcy:
<strong>10 months seems like a scary long time to me.
Lord may I also be faithful to walk by faith and not by sight.<p>Darcy</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Darcy,
Yes, in May, I would have thought 10 months was a LONG time too!!! But everyone kept telling me there was a long haul ahead, and here I am at 10+ months and counting, and finding out they KNOW what they are talking about!!<p>BGentle,
Thanks for your prayers and PRAISE be to the Lord!! \0/<p>Mark,
As always, you have been my faithful brother through ALL OF IT. I am praying for YOUR "breakthrough" to come quickly. Praying for your W to FINALLY "come to her senses" and STOP believing all the lies of the devil.

T
T
Hi Lupo!
I haven't visited here in a while but I'm SO GLAD about your news. I pray for you often and I know that breakthroughs like this require celebration!<p>It's Lent so I can't break out the champagne but I know this is big news!!!<p>Praise Jesus - He is slowly working in His mysterious ways.<p>I have seen some little breakthroughs - the important thing is not to get impatient. I have also seen that I still have some anger and jealousy inside which I thought I was finished with so maybe the Lord wants to give me enough time to heal so I can really and truly forgive and forget.<p>I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and remind you you're not alone in the battle.<p>Mark - I hate to see you go through another upheaval. I hope you have some good news soon. I remember you in my prayers too ...

L
L
Thank you for your prayers Lupo i will need a miracle soon. I dont think i can take much more. Im already packing my stuff and preparing to leave and go far from here. Maybe I will have to pick back up on all this another year. I dont know anymore. I feel numb now.
HI Trying, Its good to hear from you. You have always been in my prayers. Im just trying to accept this life Gods given me right now. The good days as well as the many evil days. Its getting hard though. I think ive lost my hope, but i know Gods faithful, even when we are not. Its all in His hands.
Mark

L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lostpup:
<strong> I dont know anymore. I feel numb now.
I think ive lost my hope, but i know Gods faithful, even when we are not. Its all in His hands.
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Mark,
Please don't give up hope. Jesus wants to BLESS you beyond waht you can even imagine. PLEASE know that others are praying for YOU at all times. You are most precious in His sight, and to lots of US, too!
We love you, brother.<p>God Bless,

L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tryingtohope:
<strong>Praise Jesus - He is slowly working in His mysterious ways.<p>I have seen some little breakthroughs - the important thing is not to get impatient. I have also seen that I still have some anger and jealousy inside which I thought I was finished with so maybe the Lord wants to give me enough time to heal so I can really and truly forgive and forget.<p>I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and remind you you're not alone in the battle.
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Tryingtohope,
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, it's humbling to know others are praying for you, when you often feel like you are ALONE in this fight. I know it's not true, though!<p>Slowly is the operative word, isn't it? We get IMPATIENT often....we are such an "instant" generation......but a day is as a thousand years to our Lord, so He knows not to be impatient. We need to remember that He's never impatient with US, so who are WE to demand that He meet our time-table!!!<p>I also, have been shown that I have a LONG way to go to become what God is trying to make me. And I DO get impatient, as well!!!! WELL, just fix it NOW, Lord!!! I'm done trying, I'm tired of this....DO IT NOW!!! THEN I'll get my act together. I'm afraid it doesn't work like that for us, does it?<p>He knows what is best for us, but we don't alwasy trust that.<p>Thank you for keeping up with me.<p>God BLess,

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation