Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
OP Offline
U
Well, thanksgiving.... Hmmm alot better than I thought it would be... I had ALL of my 6 children with me.. My oldest daughter with her son ( Its still hard to think of myself as grandma with a grandson 2 months older than my youngest child ) My oldest son with his fiancee' and my 4 still at home... <P>My H decided because I invited my older 2 for Thanksgiving that he would not join us... It was disappointing for his little girls, but sure made for a peaceful day... even with 2 crawling babies around... <P>I don't know that I would change it one bit.. Its coming on 2 years since discovery, and I think I'm starting to just let go.... Its so much easier than the ill-at-ease feelings that go with dealing the last few years with a H that wasn't sure he wanted to be here, and with my older children thinking H is a creep for what he's done to me, I think he felt uncomfortable at just the thought of being with us....<P>I rambled... Now its your turn.... How was your day???? I am thankful for what I had!!<P>cozy

L
L
good for you, cozy. I'm glad you had a good day!!!<P>I can at least say I made it though. And that's not too bad, huh?<P>Have a great day after.<P>Lori

O
O
Hello U2BC I am real new to this forum thing and was reading your morning message. You are a strong woman. When I read your history it made me realize I do not have it so bad. I hope today goes well and I suppose more than half of that wellness will be determined by my attitude on making it a well day. God Bless you during this time and know there are many of us out here determined to be OVERCOMERS.

U
OP Offline
U
Hey, I made the best pie yesterday... I'll share....<P>Bake your pumpkin mix in a pyrex pan with NO CRUST.... take out and let cool<P>Make a graham cracker crust, bake and let cool.. ( I blew it on this part and it took toooooo long to set )<P>Get some good vanilla icecream, I used Dryers Vanilla Bean (My favorite) and stir up untill smooth...<P>Blend your ice cream and pumpking together and put into the graham cracker crust.. Stick it back in the freezer till solid again...<P>I was too impatiant on this invention and the graham cracker crust and pan were still warm which made the rest soften and take too long in the freezer... We ate it kinda soft in the center, BUT OH BOY WAS IT GOOD!!!!!<P>Did anyone else have any good inventions..?<P>cozy < Im a cooking nut by the way >

B
B
Hi there.<P>I ended up going over to ex inlaws for dinner. Was invited but reluctant to go knowing my ex would of course be there. He had said he didn't mind. My mom is out of town, and father and his shack up were arguing, so know dinner with my family.<P>My ex just treated me like a friend most of the time. Did make a nasy comment about the fact that my kids are not at home alot so the dog is my company since I no longer have him. His mom told him that was not very nice. Usually don't get much nice from him anyhow. Then when it was about time for me to leave he started kissing on me, in front of everyone. Whispering for me to stop over his house after I got through bowling, so he can have some. This makes me sick. I told him no. I need love and marriage in order for someone to have that part of me ever again.<P>I called him after bowling because he was leaving on a trip with parents this morning. Big mistake. He told me I called and whined to his parents about not having anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, and then went over there like I was still family. You talk about HURT!! Says he is still unable to forgive me for being with his brother, even though he had that girl living with him at the time, and until he is able to get past that, I should be willing to meet his sexual needs if I did not want him to get it elswhere. Then maybe in time his love can grow for me again.<P>Right now I am trying my best to place God number 1 in my life, and hoping everything else will then fall into place. He makes fun of me for that. He used to be involved in church and all, but now wants nothing to do with God.<P>Now he says I am little miss holier than thow. I am not by far, just lived my life the way I wanted to for 32 yrs. and have not been trully happy yet. So I figured why not try and live my life with God in control. Sure cant hurt. I told my ex it takes a stronger person to do right, and giving into him would be easy. But I would suffer afterwards just as every other time because he can have sex without love. I still love him with all my heart, and it hurts to be used that way.<P>So my dinner was good, but my night ended up in a river of tears. Eyes are swollen and red now. Sucks. More and more prayer.<P>Bluestar

U
OP Offline
U
Bluestar.. Do you have a church family???<P>When Christmas comes up, I would ask the Pastor if there were any other people without family that would like to get together and share a good meal and fellowship.. Play hostess, give out good and have a nice day!!<P>It sounds like you kinda set yourself up for a probable bad day... I've done that WAY TOO MANY TIMES! I am so tired of it that I try to see what the possible outcomes are before I put my foot in the water.... I still blow it, but it seems to be getting less and less.<P>I sent up a prayer for you... Keep putting God first.. That is where He belongs, and He'll in turn take care of you... Sometimes he takes care by strenghtening us as we go through these dark paths, but He is close!<P>cozy

R
R
cozy,<P>Thanksfor asking! I had 4 of the 6 kids here, 2 of the girlfriends, plus my adopted daughter and her H and grandkids and as if I don't have enough zoo around here, I now have one of my son's friends living here, and he and his girlfriend came, too. So, with me - 13 in all. I come from a family of 11, so I LOVED it!<P>I did all the cooking and set the table really nice - great-grandma's silver, china and crystal. Got some sheap flowers form the grocery store and made a lovely centerpiece for table. Lit candles - very lovely.<P>EVERYBODY missed H. Adopted D was especially depressed he was not here and upset that he choose to spend it with OW, because I did invite him and he turned me down [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>All in all, a LOVELY day, because I spent is being thankful for the 12 people here with me, instead of focusing on the one person who wasn't here.<P>God bless,<P>Roll Me Away<P><P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

R
R
Hi Cozy,<BR>I spent the day at the house with Mom and Dad. Ate till I wanted to ...... , Well you know. The Wife is in Las Vegas with her parents, She called and we are both looking forward to seeing each other when she comes back ( end of the month ) Hopefully the Recovery train will be full steam ahead. I have alot to give Thanks for, Family, Friends, And a Wife who wants to try to make it work. Very cool. Take care and enjoy your day....<P>------------------<BR>Rutger......One day at a time.<P>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I WAS going to stay home by myself and be a martyr, but decided to go to a friends' family for dinner. I actually had a great time, except for the sneezing and blowing my nose ( have a bad cold) got home early, took some Nyquil and zonked out. I am feeling much better today and looking forward to a great weekend!<P>------------------<BR>Susan<P><BR>

S
S
Cozy,<P>Well, my Thanksgiving was nice, but sad (like most everyone else). H chose to spend his with OW this year. First time in 21 years that we spent it apart. Went to a friend's house & had dinner with her and her family. <P>Left for home around 04:00, and put my turkey in the oven. Cooked it for 1 3/4 hrs, & it turned out perfect. Had it sitting on the counter cooling, while I responded to some MB posts. A short time later, Dusty, my cat came in to see what I was doing. I picked him up & hugged him, and to my horror, he had turkey breath!! I flew out to the kitchen expecting to see a whole turkey on the floor. He had very neatly chewed through the bag, and had carefully taken just a few bites. No mess, no crumbs, nothing on the floor. Just a whole turkey with a few bites missing.<P>As he has been my most trustworthy companion lately, I guess he's entitled to a turkey dinner, too.<P>H came back home around 12:30, crawled in bed with me, put his arm around me, & held me close. I pretended to be sleeping.

B
B
Lonely and cold is all I can saw. Baby was very cute in the morning, but by afternoon she was having a total meltdown....she was completely out of control. Of course that only ignited OM anger but fortunately my sister was there so he controlled himself. I wrote a 4 page letter to my ex-h. Right now I'm really emotionally down. Still planing on going apartment hunting this weekend...can't wait...but I hope my depression doesn't sink even further otherwise I know I won't have the gumption to get out of the house. I also hope baby behaves...my stress level is high just trying to keep her happy so OM won't go off on me...sorry to be the downer here...I just know next year will be better!

D
D
I had a great Thanksgiving. A friend and I hosted a gourmet spread and invited friends and family. It was outstanding. Wolfgang Puck could not have done better.<P>No word from my husband. I assume he either went with OW and her family or sat at home and watched football on television (his parents split town). He didn't call to wish the kids a happy Thanksgiving. No matter though, we had a great time.

N
N
Mine was good until we got home last night - BIG FIGHT... but I'm not going there right now....<P>As far as your recipe... here's another one to try:<P>Pour pumpkin filling in cake pan, no crust, and sprinkle dry vanilla cake mix (if you use boxed, use the whole box) over it, put about 6 pads of butter around the pan, and bake until pumpkin is solid (like a pie). Heaven on a plate!!<P><P>------------------<BR>Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you are among the stars!!

U
OP Offline
U
Glad most of you made the best out of a day without our spouses... H just called... OW wasn't at Thanksgiving dinner, BUT she has been calling and putting the screws to him..<P>So H had a 'not so nice' day.... Oh well, His choice.... I invited him here, he said NO..<P>cozy

M
M
Hello everyone,<P>I am sorry this is so late, but I have been super busy.<P>Thanksgiving was a pretty good day for us. H called about 12:00 to say he wanted to know if we were home, he had some time and wanted to come up. Needless to say, I was a total wreck when he got here.<P>The first words out of his mouth were "I don't want to do this anymore" and I'm not sure if he was talking about the marriage, or the trying to talk, no clue.<P>Then he played with D. She went into the kitchen to help S. We started talking. I held his hand and told him I would wait for him to get through this. He said he "thought" he was happy but wasn't sure, I said it wouldn't last. He offered a hug, which surprised me. We ate. When he was ready to leave, he hugged me again and kissed me by my mouth, I felt terrific. <P>I have an idea I want to post later, but I gotta run, be back later.<P>Overall, I felt that Thanksgiving was 100% better than I thought it would be.<P><P>------------------<BR>God Bless you and yours,<P>Sheryl W.<BR>

Y
Y
Hello All,<P>It's been awhile, and good to be back.<BR>Perhaps soon I will post an update on my story. For now, about Thanksgiving Day. First time in 22 years that we spent it apart. My W and D went to a relatives house. My S spent the day with his girlfriend and family. I went to a friend's house. Thank God for friend's. The day went well. I felt I was as much a Giver as a Taker. My S and his girl came over later and we spent the evening together. It was a pleasant day, but still painful. Good to say "Hi" to everyone again.<P><P>------------------<BR>7Habits (Dane)<BR>"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." Einstein.<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation