Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#347010 08/06/04 02:52 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Our dear friend LunaDove is going thru a very difficult time right now. The enemy is attacking hard. Let's join hands and help our dear sister fight this battle. Please join me in prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I come to you today, asking that you be with LunaDove. You know Lord what is going on in her life. You know the difficult time she is going thru right now. Please comfort her. Hold her in your arms Lord. Give her peace in knowing that You are in control of everything that is happening around her. Father, we don't know what will happen tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year. Help us to trust You completely. We know that you have a very special plan for LunaDove's life. Speak to her Father. Remind her that you are there and want the best for her and her marriage. Be with her Husband Lord. May your Holy Spirit hover over him day and night. Lord, don't let him rest until he has found the peace that only You can give. We know Lord that you hate divorce. May Your will be done Father. Your word says in Mark 11:24..."When you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it and it shall be given to you". Lord, I pray to you today believing that you have answered my prayer. Thank you Father for Your wonderful work. Thank you for giving Your son to die on the cross for our sins. Thank you Lord that you Love us so much!!! I ask this in your name, Amen!!

I'd also like to share a small part from "The Battle Belongs to the Lord" by Joyce Meyer.

On page 57 and 58 she is talking about how we shouldn't announce to all our friends what the devil has done to us, but announce to him what God is going to do for us and to him. We need to remind satan that God is just and that He will bring justice in our life; He will make everything that is wrong right. We need to let him know that if he hangs around us, all he is going to hear is singing, laughing, the Word of God, praise, worship and thanksgiving.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> We need to say things like: "Satan, I will tell you right now, you may come against me one way, but you are going to flee before me seven ways. Right now it may look to you like you have won the victory, but you have made a serious mistake. You have picked on the wrong person. I belong to God, and He takes care of His own. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

S
S
Amen and Amen!

S&C

R
R
AMEN!!!!

lunadove, thank you for all your words of encouragment recently. of course becaue of my own situation i didn't realize you were having such a hard time yourself. I Cor 1:23-31, Proverbs 3:5-6

we're right here w/you sweetie, continued prayers to you, RR

L
L
Thanks for the prayers everyone. My situation is not improving but becoming worse. That's all I want to say right now. Yes, it has to do with the husband and the ow. I've been easy going and laid back long enough. Vengence is the Lord.

I will continue to follow God's will, but I am having a hard time with all of this. I want to file for custody of my son and for a court order of child support. This angers my husband.

Anyway,
Lunadove

S
S
Father,

I sense that you are doing a work in Lunadoves situation. Perhaps all is not well with her husband and the OW.

I ask that you will protect Lunadove and her child and provide for her basic needs, but also that you will convict her husband of these needs and lay it on his heart to provide for them.

I ask that you will help Lunadove to see your hand in things and to trust you while you are working this out, no matter how bad it looks.

Thankyou that she has what she needs for today, and that she has her child with her.

I pray that you will put a division between her husband and the OW, and that you will strengthen the bond between man and wife.

The enemies plans will not prosper, but be thwarted- whatever the enemy intended for harm will be turned for good, to accomplish your will and purposes in this situation.

Lord Jesus, put your arms around Lunadove right now. Let her sense your presence, and know that you have everything in hand. Let her continue to walk in love and patience.

Calm her mind as she remembers your promises that will never fail, and help her to focus on your kingdom and righteousness, while you add too her all the things she needs to live.

Lord, I pray you will use this circumstance as a demonstration of your love, through Lunadove's obedience and trust and gentleness.

Give her quiet confidence in you to see her through this day.

Let her words and actions be a reflection of your Spirit.

Thank you for what you are going to do today.

L
L
Please keep praying for me. It is a lot worse then just financial. Our finances have been fine. God has been providing for us yet our situation gets worse. My faith grows stronger yet unbelief is starting to fill my mind. It seems this is never going to end. I love him, Lord. I know you want me to keep praying for this marriage but it will be ending soon. I put my faith in You Lord.

S
S
Lunadove,

I will hold you in prayer today.

I have been going through the same thing- attack after attack.

I have been trying to speak only positive things.

Speak with authority. Do you know about binding and loosing prayer?

L
L
Shul,
My situtation has shifted 100 times worse. My son now is talking about his daddy's girlfriend being his daddy's wife. I'm hurt. I'm in pain. Yes, I pray a hedge of thorns around husband and I know about binding and loosening prayers for divorce. I am hurting badly.
Lunadove

S
S
(((Lunadove)))

Praying for you, and your son.

I know that things look very bad, but try to remember that God is for your marriage. He made you one flesh and he will do everything in his power to bring about reconciliation.

But his first agenda is to reconcile husband to Himself.

You have God on your side, and nothing is too hard for him.

Try not to look at the circumstances, what H says or does right now.

Focus on what God can and will do.

I have been feeling very discouraged too, but today things happened that I can see Gods hand at work in this. I am expecting any time now that my husband will come to the end of himself.

Things have looked pretty bad lately, but its not too hard for God.

Lunadove, what has been your husbands relationship with God?

M
M
LunaDove,

I just want to say that you will be in my prayers. I am sorry that you are hurting so badly and I hope that all of this will end with DH home and OW out of his life soon (sorry don't know your whole story). Have you read Power of a Praying Wife, by Stormie Omartian? I am trying to work on that right now. It is difficult for me as I am not exactly sure what to pray over my husband some days, but I do know that things can change in an instant, so please don't give up hope!

G
G
lunadove,

Please stop listening to what others are saying about your husband or what he is or is not doing. God is in control and you must believe that He is.

PR 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Believe this, claim it and stand on it. Say it every time your hear of what your husband is doing. Say it to yourself every time someone tells you his plans. I claimed this scripture and many others. This was were I found my comfort, in God's word.

Praise God my husband is home after being gone almost 4 years. Just so you know the more I tried to court order my husband to do something, the faster and further he ran from. Anything I tried to make him do, especially through the court made him angary. I didn't start to see changes until I let go and told him I would agree with what ever he wanted. I also dropped all the motions I had filed against him. Guess what, the divorce never happened.

Yes, he would tell others "it would happen." He had a lot of excuses why it hadn't happen yet. When I would here these reports I would claim a verse like the one above. I had to stop believing what I saw and had to believe what God promised.

I am not saying things will work out the same way for you. I am saying, you have to stop believing the world and trust God. I am saying, the more you fight your husband in court the more you push him away.

I have found two things to be key in restoring marriages. One, is forgiveness. We must forgive has Jesus forgave us. This is a big one. We need God to help us forgive like this.

Two, we must trust God is working and we must live our life's like He is in control. Neither of these are easy to do. I needed help with this. I needed help to know what God wanted me to do. I found help at this restoration site www.restorem.org. I don't know if you have been there or not. If you haven't please go and read the testimonies.

God laid all this on my heart as I was reading your post. I do hope it helps.

gentle

<small>[ August 08, 2004, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: gentle ]</small>

L
L
Gentle,
Thanks for the response. It is all information that needed to be reinforced to me. My situation seems completely hopeless now. Yes, I follow restore ministries and yes, I don't have a lawyer either. I have not my husband after he filed and that is why I never filed. I'm taking time to pray and have God tell me what to do. As for everything I have been hearing about my husband, he's the one who told me everything. Nobody else. It all came from my husband. The verse you wrote is the one that keeps coming to my mind through all of this. God has already stopped my husband's plans many times. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Lunadove

G
G
Lunadove,

Stand firm and keep saying that verse, especially if it is your husband saying the things. I just kept saying that verse and others everytime I got discouraged. It still hurt and I cried out to God a lot.But by claiming this verse, it helped me find peace and have faith that he was coming home , no matter what he said.

gentle

L
L
Thank for the reply Gentle.

I am not feeling good today. I'm feeling sick and rundown. I haven't heard from him and I hope I don't. I don't know what to do. I don't want to limit God by saying my husband won't ever come back yet, at the same time, I wonder if he ever will. He has made his decision and I just don't know what to do. God continues to show me to keep waiting on him. I don't know if I have the strength to do that anymore.

Lunadove

G
G
Lunadove,

I would have doubts at times. I would miss my husband so much at times I wanted to die. God would always bring me back to the same place...waiting.

At times I would think I couldn't go and think maybe he will never come home. Then I would go through all my options and end up right back where I started. I know you are in a lot of pain. I am so very thankful that I no longer have the pain that came from my husband not wanting to be with me. I still have some pain at times dealing with my children. Sometimes I even hurt over things my husband says or does, but nothing compares to the pain I had when he was gone.

It is all right to cry out to God in your pain. David cried out to God in his pain many times. David was a man after God's own heart. So cry out to God and tell him how bad you hurt. Yes, He knows already, but He wants to hear from us. He wants us to need Him. So, it O.K. to hurt and even to questioned if you are doing the right thing. Just keep talking to God about everything. Leave nothing out.

He hears you and He is answering you. Above all our heartaches, God sets enthroned.

gentle

S
S
{{{{{{{{{{{{Lunadove}}}}}}}}}}}

We're all here for you. Many prayers and hugs coming your way! I hope that you're feeling a little better today. I agree with gentle. You never know God's timing or his big plans. He IS working even though you might not visibly see it right now. Trust Him, believe that He wants what's best for you and your children.

My H said a lot of things that I needed to bind and overcome with prayer & the mighty words of the Lord. Until recently, I never knew how effective all those prayers & proclamations were. My H recently told me that God had a major effect on him while he was away. Ways that I could never understand unless I was in his shoes. Always remember that we are here for you to cry with, to shout for joy with, and to proclaim your victory - together!!!

God's blessings pour upon you today & always,
Yvette

L
L
Boy, when it rains it pours. I'm asking for prayers for my son. He was really sick today. Vomiting and just not himself. Turns out the poor guy has strep throat. He's 5-years-old and is not happy. The enemy keeps hitting harder and harder.

Lunadove

S
S
Father,

Thank you for what you are doing in our lives and in the hearts of our husbands today.

Let their hearts be moved with compassion toward their children today.

Cause them to have a great love for their sons and daughters, and not to hide from their own flesh.

Let your healing touch be upon Lunadoves son, and let this circumstance be used for good, as a demonstration of your love and to bring about your will .

R
R
thinking of you lunadove, God bless, RR

L
L
Just a quick reply to let you all know that my son is doing better. No longer vomiting and stayed at grandma's for the day while I went to work. Thanks for the prayers.

Lunadove

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation