Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348372 03/04/00 01:56 AM
H
help me Offline OP
OP Offline
H
<BR>We need to get some posts going here!!<P>1. Just sitting on the couch after the kids are in bed, eating Ben & Jerry's ice cream and talking. Foot rubs for either or both partner are an added bonus.<P>2. My wife likes to take long hot baths in the evenings. I take in a pillow and sit on the floor beside the tub while she soaks. We have some of our best and most open conversations during her baths. Scented candles, drinks, bath oils, after bath massages with scented lotions, etc. can all add to the experience. A hot tub is definitely in the plans for a dreamhouse someday.<P>3. Write short, affectionate notes and put them in unlikely places where your spouse will find them (silverware drawer, visor of car, taped to milk in refirg, etc.) Just say something simple like "I hope you have a great day at work. Looking forward to the weekend for some time with you, I love you" My wife loves these. My oldest daughter even gets in on this by leaving notes saying thank you mom for... my wife will leave similar notes in her school lunch.<P>4. I am pretty aware of my wifes "womanly cycle". Usually 5-6 days before her period starts she craves chocolate and sweets. If I'm sure I've got the time frame right, I will bring home a pie, cake, chocolate, etc. She really loves this andI don't think she even knows that I am aware of the timing of her cravings.<P><BR>This is just a start! Please post below and lets fill this section of the forums with positive ideas that we all can use in our marriages.<p>[This message has been edited by help me (edited March 03, 2000).]

#348373 03/03/00 02:55 PM
L
L
Hi,<P>I love showing my H my affection for him. He is so wonderful and incredible! <P>I started warming his towels in the dryer while he's showering and rush to bring it to him. Because of this, I'm also the recipient of a warm towel each morning.<P>I really love being married and I have been blessed with the most romantic man!<P>I can't wait to get some other ideas to surprise him!<P>Lady K<BR><><

#348374 03/03/00 04:42 PM
H
help me Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Great idea Lady K!<P>I'd forgotten about that. Nice warm jammies after a bath - just like a kid.<P>Let's hope everyone else will contribute too.

#348375 03/03/00 05:28 PM
B
B
For Valentines day I bought a box of those candy hearts with saying on them and made a construction paper card. Then I glued a message to my husband using the hearts, and filled in the sentences with a pen for the things the hearts didn't say. Then I put the whole thing in a manilla envelope and delivered it to his office. I secretly asked the receptionist to slip it onto his desk the next time he walked away. When he came back to his desk it was magically there waiting for him. He loved it!

#348376 03/06/00 07:59 AM
B
B
Creative Affection....My H and I just celeberated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary on Valentine's Day. For his speical gift I collected all the cards and love notes I had given him during the past years. I put them in a booklet with a note. Hope you enjoy reading this book and may it be a reminder of my love for you. We read it together that night. He loved it!!

#348377 03/09/00 03:38 PM
I
I
My hubby and I like to listen to music and sit and just love on each other. We usually light some candles and put a blanket on the floor to sit on - then just talk and listen to the music. Very romantic - and he likes playing DJ. :-)

#348378 03/09/00 04:39 PM
L
L
Thank you Help Me for all of your ideas!!!<BR>I agree we need more sharing of ideas for our marriages. Romantic Experiences is another good place for us to share. I have shared a few things in the past and enjoy reading other posts. Will share more soon.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation