Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348423 06/17/00 06:58 PM
W
WayneS Offline OP
OP Offline
W
i was born an old man, and i don't know how to have fun. i really could use some tips to try some things to show my W how much i love her. we have just weathered one of the worst storms a marriage could possibly endure, and i have these pages and Dr. H to thank for a lot of what got us through it, but i need some ideas on how to express myself to her in a way that will deposit lots of LU's in her LB.

#348424 07/26/00 04:29 PM
E
E
Gosh, take her on a picnic to one of your area's attractive public parks. You prepare the meal (a good meal!) and dress casual. Be sure to have a blanket for cloud watching (*smile*). Or, how about a comedy club? Of course, these are some of the things I like (*smile*). <P>It sounds like you've settled into being old too soon and need to get in touch with your inner child somehow. Not sure how you will do that, but there are plenty of books on the subject!<P>Good luck!

#348425 07/27/00 03:54 PM
L
L
Try surprising her by getting up early, prepare breakfast, and serve it to her in bed. My husband likes to do this for me and I love being pampered!<P>Bringing home flowers for her is always a great idea. She might also enjoy cards, stuffed animals, or some other little gift. <P>Try leaving little love notes around the house for her to find.<P>I hope that some of these ideas are helpful.<BR>God Bless!<BR>

#348426 08/01/00 01:16 PM
G
G
Take her to a water park if there is one near you. Or to the boardwalk, or to a ballroom or country dance class. Lots of fun!

#348427 08/19/00 06:15 PM
D
D
Hope these tips might help,these are all things my H did for me b4 things got bad:<BR>EVERY morning he brought me a drink in bed<P>Writing messages in the bathroom mirror<P>Cleaning my car windows on a frosty morning,and then writing I love you in reverse on the back window(so i read it in the car)<P>Coming home from work to find a hot bath,candles in the bathroom,and rose petals on the water.<P>Going shopping and buying me something-just cause he missed me.<P>sending me emails just to say he loved me<P>While i was cooking he'd come up and put his arms around me and nuzzle my neck.<P>When the alarm went off each morning,he'd wrap his arms around me and hug me for 10 mins before he got up.<P>Brushing my hair,cause he wanted to.<P>Actually thinking about all this has just made me sad again as 4 wks ago he left me,so i'm gonna stop now,but you get the idea !

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation