Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348461 07/31/01 12:06 AM
L
OP Offline
L
When we are sitting down at places and my hand can touch her skin I write out I "heart" U on her skin. Though once she figured it out I have not done it as much. I should think of something else to do.

#348462 07/30/01 08:48 PM
F
F
Hi, Listener. That sounds so sweet. Does W not like it? If she enjoys your touch, don't give up or if she permits it for awhile, "reach out" literally--my kids love when I trace softly on their arm or something and some of us never outgrow that need. Of course, it is totally different with your spouse than your children--h can really relax me by such touching.<P>Hope things go well for you both.

#348463 08/01/01 02:57 PM
L
L
That is a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing it!

#348464 08/05/01 08:52 AM
B
B
1 4 3 = I love you.<P>We use this in a variety of ways -- holding hands I squeeze 1 4 3 and she will look at me and smile.<P>If we are driving in separate cars, I will hold up 1 finger, 3 fingers and then 4 --you get the idea [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] It is a fun way to say I love you.

#348465 08/23/01 12:01 AM
P
P
BracMan<BR>My H has used 143 as our private little communication for "I Love You" since before we were married over 28 years ago! In all that time I have never seen or heard of anyone else using it. I guess the secret is out. Only he has customized mine thru the years. It is now 1435 for:<BR>"I Love You Linda"<P>------------------<BR> <*)///><

#348466 08/27/01 10:55 AM
U
U
My wife doesn't like to be touched, barely likes to be held. She must be in the mood to even be held. I love to be touched and held. Don't know how to get her to enjoy it like I do?<BR>

#348467 09/02/01 06:15 PM
J
J
umpyourout,<P>I see you are a junior member as am I. I am wondering how much of the marriage builders basic concepts you have read and put into practice. My guess is that your W does not like to be touched because there are other major things going on for her. It may be not so much that she does not like to be touched as that she does not like to be touched by you.(I say this not as criticism but from personal experience.) How are you doing at being a real giver? How are you doing at selflessly meeting her needs?<P>I have found the information on this site very helpful in understanding some of the "hang-ups" we have. We are beginning the process of putting the basic concepts into practice in our marriage.<P>Blessings on you marriage,

#348468 09/03/01 11:34 AM
U
U
I don't know why i'm a junior member???<P>Im sure i have a bunch of hang-up, but i need to figure them out. Just now starting to read and learn all about this. I'm sure I have sucked at being a real giver and i'm sure i don't meet her needs. I'm trying to figure out the PLAN A???<P>Why would you make the comment that she doesnt want to be touched my me???<P>------------------<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation