Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#350243 02/12/00 09:12 PM
F
OP Offline
F
i have a question....<P>When I say the prayers at the end of each chapter do i say them out loud ot silent?<P>and<P>Do I repeat them more than once?<P>Amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com

#350244 02/12/00 09:19 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
avance,<P>You pray them anyway you want. I pray often as I am reading a chapter, something will come to me and I just give it to God. Sometimes those prayers at the end of the chapter are right on for me and sometimes not and I change them around according to my needs. Put your own name in and your husbands, make it personal!<P>Pray out loud or read them to yourself whatever feels right. Sometimes praying outloud is a outward stand of faith in proclaiming your trust that God is listening. I also think it sends the evil one running for he doesn't like praying saints.<P>Prayer is simply talking to God anyway you want to. I journal and I write alot of my prayers, I call them my "paper prayers". Do what ever feels right to you.<P>God Bless, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

#350245 02/12/00 09:49 PM
L
L
I pray them outloud, because my mind wanders with quiet...I also like to pray on my knees...even if my mind wanders, eventually I realize I'm on my knees, which mean I ought to be praying. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just a thought from someone in the land of confusion.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)

#350246 02/13/00 11:11 AM
M
M
I usually pray them to myself, changing the wording a little to fit our situation. If I'm being easily distracted when praying to myself, then I pray out loud. Parts of the prayer I remember and pray it throughout the day, maybe just a sentence or such. <P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation