Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#350704 03/03/00 02:28 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Do you have any words of wisdom for Cotthebull who posted on the General Questions forum? <BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/001249.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/001249.html</A> <P>

#350705 03/03/00 03:21 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
Rootbeer,<P>You pretty much said it all in your post, I just added my 2 cents. It will probably cause a stir but OH Well! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Blessings, Taj

#350706 03/03/00 03:44 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
Rootbeer,<P>Its already getting wild, and it hasn't even been 10 minutes since I posted. Seems like folks have a penchant for ripping into Christianity. <P>The question was in regards to Christians marrying non Christians and already they have gone off the deep end into theology and morality.<P>Are Christians perfect? Certainly not!<P>I've heard it said "we are all beggars but some of us have found the BREAD" PTL! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

#350707 03/03/00 05:04 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
Holy Cow AW, did we open a can of worms. Jesus please reveal truth through your word!<P>TAj

#350708 03/03/00 09:19 PM
J
J
Taj,<BR>I've heard a good response to the non- Christian's accusation of Christians thinking we are better than them....."No, we are not better.......just better OFF!"<BR>Too bad I'm chicken to post it over where you and MTAW went today...........I don't go there anyway, only when someone from here suggests we read a post.<BR>Praise God IJN,<BR>Joy(I like Joy- thanks HW)

#350709 03/03/00 11:36 PM
M
M
I just got back online and all I can say is "[/b]YIKES!!!![/b] and I've only read through page one so far of their posts! I have an article that if I can find it says what a Christian is beautifully. <P>I gotta go finish reading these posts!<P>Whew!!

#350710 03/04/00 10:49 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
Rootbeer,<P>Your response on the Gerneral Questions forum was awesome. That poem said it all with love. It is such a shame that there is so much dissension when the topic of "religion" is discussed.<P>I was saddened that they had to close that thread, but then it was becoming quite heated. I only hope that God moved in the hearts of people who were reading. The truth was being shared by many just in different ways. The Lord must just shake His head in wonder at how His children fight over His love.<P>The book of Romans 1st chapter says God's creation speaks forth of His existence and we are without excuse. People still want to put God in their own kind of little box. God doesn't need to be defended though, He is Sovereign.<P>Thanks again for the poem, it truly was annointed.<P>Blessings, Taj<P>

#350711 03/04/00 02:14 PM
M
M
Yes, it did get very heated, however I believe there were some that really started thinking about their own destiny, and about God. I really think God used that forum as an instrument to spread his word. Praise God!! He can turn anything negative around for the good. <P>I just love that poem. The first time I heard it on the radio (I live in the Dallas area and that is the only radio station I listen too - they are live on the web too - <A HREF="http://www.klty.com)" TARGET=_blank>www.klty.com)</A> I cried. It is just so beautiful! There's another one I really like, it's called "Pearls". Here's a link to it if you've never read it. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.klty.com/pearls.phtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.klty.com/pearls.phtml</A> <P>I hope you all are having a joyous Christ filled day!! God bless you all, <P>Love in Christ,<BR>MTAW<P>

#350712 03/04/00 07:37 PM
P
P
I would say that some of them did get to the point where they were seeing the flaw int their logic. I have found that they often get defensive because they know that they have something to hide and think that it is not seen by others. They fail to understand that God knows all and is the one who is really speaking to them through weak broken vessels. Thus the comment about having been there. <BR><P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

#350713 03/04/00 09:26 PM
U
U
Hehehee its a man in the womens changing room. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Yes we change here... Don't we... Now Im off to see what great stir you two caused.. must have been good!<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#350714 03/04/00 10:13 PM
U
U
WOW what a boiling pot... But the highlight was SueB's letter from her Aunt Martha.. I was laughing so hard that I choked and had tears running down my face.... Boy did I need that!!! My kids thought I'd lost it.. Little did they know >>I DID<< Ive been so depressed and needed a great laugh...<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#350715 03/04/00 11:56 PM
D
D
Oh I'm sorry professorg, I didn't know you knew me so well! Actually, you're way off base! <P>Funny how you think my logic was flawed, but yet nobody could ever answer my questions. That's all I wanted were answers to my questions. There's nothing wrong with that. <P>My anger had to do with the fact that people come here from all religions and to hear people telling them they're going to hell because they don't believe as they do, is rude. <P>As far as my beliefs, I never did state exactly what I believed. Nor did I find it necessary to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat. I was only pointing out the deficiencies in your logic. Apparently, nobody had the answers to my questions. All you could do is preach from the Bible. I was asking "personally" how you knew that Christianity was the <B>only</B> route. That's seriously all I wanted to know, despite my bitterness.<P>Now finish with your little "pity" people like me party. <P>I apologize for the intrusion (I don't want to invade your private haven). As I wrote on the other thread, anyone who wants to answer my questions is free to email me. My anger unfortunately covered up my serious interest in your answers. It almost got the best of me in this post (it's been a bad week!). Sorry. <P>Oops, I forgot my email address. distrusting1@hotmail.com<BR>------------------<BR><I>The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.<BR>Helen Keller</I><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Distrusting (edited March 04, 2000).]

#350716 03/05/00 10:24 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
Father in heaven,<P>I come to you with a heavy heart. There have been people offended by our discussion about Your word. Forgive me Lord if I in any way have misrepresented You. My desire was to speak of the wonderful Truth You reveal in Your word. Your word is a map to me on this journey through life. You have given us all we need for "life and godliness".<P>Lord, please help me to represent You in such a way that I will bring others to You and not drive them away.<P>Protect this bible study from anything that would distract from glorifying Your Name. Comfort those who have been offended and lead them Lord to a saving knowledge of You.<P>In Jesus Name I Pray.<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

#350717 03/06/00 10:35 AM
N
N
Well, that turned into quite a discussion. I am always sorry to see people get angry or defensive whatever their view point may be. I think the intentions were good. I felt the need to email distrusting MY answer to her question. I do realize that what I say is not going to change her life, only God can do that, but I wanted to share what He has done in my life and why I believe. I've not heard back from her, but I am praying for her and hope you will too. Blessings, J

#350718 03/07/00 01:34 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I've added Distrusting to my prayer list too. Maybe we should add her to our Tues. night cyber-tea and prayer session? I have felt a burden to pray for her. Thanks all.<BR>

#350719 03/06/00 06:14 PM
N
N
Just to let you know, I did hear from Distrusting and she made some very interesting points in a much calmer manner. You might be interested to know, she sends her son to a Christian school, his name is Christian, born on a Sunday, Dec. 25! Anyways, she made her points and I made mine and I believe we have to agree to disagree. I can't get in the way of God's work here. I can only share God from my perspective and experience. Not that it will change her mind, but at least let her know what the attraction is for me. I am glad I got to talk with her, hear her views, and she was very kind about listening to mine. I will continue to pray for her and perhaps one day she will recall this conversation in a different light. I think many of us can recall a day when we felt someone was preaching to us and acting "holier than thou" and totally turned us off. Now look at us. Perhaps it will turn out the same for her. Blessings, J

#350720 03/06/00 10:38 PM
D
D
Hi J,<P>I, too, enjoyed hearing your views. As said, I don't have a problem with Christianity in and of itself. It's not necessary for me to go into that here with the rest of you, though. <P>What I wanted to say to everyone, in a much calmer voice [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] is this:<P>Everyone needs something to lift them up when they've hit rock bottom and have nowhere else to go. Some people turn to destructive things like alcohol and drugs. Others turn to God, friends, family, or try to find the strength within. Whatever is necessary to survive and gain inner strength and peace. But, <B>as long as it doesn't hurt others.</B><P>Finding the need to pray for me is a strong indication that you find that I need prayer. As if I have a problem or am "bad" because I don't have your beliefs. This is hurtful. It's also very hurtful to tell people that because they don't live their life according to your beliefs, that they're going to Hell and that they're somehow doing Satan's work. Again, this is very hurtful. That's when Christianity crosses the line, in my book. I would never suggest that I'm better than you because I've been able to find my strength and peace from within. I surely don't think that you need help. By finding it necessary to pray for me, you're presuming that my life needs help. You're portraying an air of superiority. <P>So, whatever helps you become a stronger person, I'm all for. It has no bearing on my life. But, please don't insinuate that I'm less of a person, simply because I don't believe as you do. Beliefs don't make any one person or group any better than the other. They're simply that, beliefs. Just because God has added so much into your life, doesn't mean that everyone needs to look to Him for strength, peace, guidance, etc. Religion is simply just not for me. And I'm definitely not going to say that it NEVER will be. I don't know if the strength that I've found within is permanent. Although, I do believe that it is purely in my control. If I'm lucky I'll be able to possess the strength that I've found forever. <P>Anyhow, I guess my point basically is, that we're all different. We all <B>need</B> different things in our life. Whether it be for peace, survival, strength, guidance, etc. At this point in my life, and I'm only 30, these are things that I have found within myself. I simply don't need outside influence in my life. As stated, I'm not (after much thought, and my conversation with J) going to ever think you're somehow less because you had "help" in finding these things. You simply chose another route. What's right for one person isn't always right for another. But, please don't fault me, or think I'm missing something in my life, or am somehow lesser of a person in need of prayer because I simply don't believe as you do. If your God says that people like me are destined to spend hell in eternity, then so be it. I hope, if there is a God, that living a good clean life will be as important as having complete faith in Him.<P>Just please don't feel sorry for me. There's seriously not much more I can ask for in my life. We just chose different routes. Hopefully all with the same destination. <P>I respect your decision, please respect mine.<BR>And please don't feel pray for me, it's not necessary.<P>Thanks for listening. Best of luck to all of you.<P>Catherine<P>------------------<BR>The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.<BR>Helen Keller<BR>

#350721 03/06/00 10:52 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
Distrusting,<P>I appreciate your desire to make your convictions understood. I am also thankful for the time you have given to read the post on this forum as well. I believe the posts were expressed generally as concern not pity.<P>I will respect your request. Prayer is simply communicating with God, but if it offends you for us to express concern in this way then I will honor your wishes. <P>I would like you to know though that when I pray for someone it is not because I feel sorry for them or am trying to change them, only God can do that. My road map through life is the Bible and God asks me to pray for all who I come in contact with, I never considered prayer offensive but maybe I need to take a second look and consider your perspective. Someday maybe you will want prayer, if that day comes know that there are many people who do believe in the power of prayer.<P>Blessings, Taj

#350722 03/07/00 08:30 AM
N
N
Catherine (Distrusting)--If you are still around, I'm sorry you found praying for you offensive. I pray for my family every day not out of pity but because I love them. I pray for lots of people I meet just because I feel we connected in some way. However, I respect your wishes and this is the end of this discussions for me. I will no longer post about this whole topic. Best of luck to you. J

#350723 03/07/00 02:42 PM
P
P
Distrusting,<BR>Though I have yet to respond to your questions. I too mean no harm or hurt towards you. I mere am trying in the most humblest manner in which I konw how. I know I don't come across that way, I guess it is due in part to my being male, partly to my being the oldest of 5, part of my straight forward approach to life.<P>However, your ascertions are as strong as ours. You want us both to be right. Both of us can't be right except within a world that only exists for each of us. I have tried to fully understand the approach you are using but it caused major problems for me because it was contradictory. It makes everything relative to the beholder with no absolute: thus right and wrong. <B>I once held that belief until I found that <I>I was wrong</I> in my thought processes.</B> With more time and experience you will understand. My belief about certain things has changed since I was 30. <P>In His love, MONDO HUG!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 554 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation