Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#350777 03/07/00 08:03 AM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Everyone,<P>When Lor and POGP started this forum last November. It was decided that it would be self-moderating, and we agreed to that. Well I think over the past several days we have had a situation come up which we need to discuss.<P>It was foolish to think that this never would happen but, YES Ladies, we have lurkers. Not that thats a problem because that can be a very positive thing. We have gotten new people involved by checking us out.<P>My concern is that it seems there has been offense taken by some to our format. I feel bad that anyone would be offended as well as the off-topic discussions that may have insued.<P>My suggestion is that we limit our posting on this particular forum to the users who have joined. We may not want to discuss in any detail what goes on in the other forums. I believe our heart was right but the end result seemed to cause problems.<P>I may be over-reacting, which I sometimes tend to do. So, what does everyone else think? If you have a better solution please post, and please let me know if you think I'm making much adu about nothing. I just don't want to drive people away from the Lord when it is impossible to really and completely discuss His wonderful salvation.<P>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

N
N
I apologize if I made a disturbance by speaking of my discussions with Distrusting. I will no longer post on this subject. Please forgive me. Blessings, J

H
hw Offline
H
Taj<BR>I think personally, if we stick to this topic it will be fine. We can choose to ignore others who post on topics from the other forum. I have found this forum and the ladies here such a support and a haven from the weariness of the situations I bear, like the rest of us. I choose to stay away from the infidelity forum these days because I do not like the tone of many of the posts. I think it is a great place for those that are at that place, but that is not where I am, now. I like the praying and support we give to each other. I like that we believe pretty much the same things, the big ideas at least and that our posts are generally upbeat and helpful. <BR>When someone gets down and needs to vent they do and then everyone hops in to offer a word of support, encouragement, and prayer for the individual. I don't think we need to close off at this point, I think we just need to stick to our topic and format. If others lurk then perhaps our purpose and the ways we respond to each other and the prayers we lift up to God will also be encouraging to them as well as have a positive effect on them. If others really become disruptive to our praying and supporting each other then we could talk some more on the subject.Remember satan knows that we are praying in power for each other and our spouses. He just has to try to get his foot in. I say we rebuke him and his purpose and carry on with God's work that is being done through each one of us for His Glory.<BR>At this point I am just looking forward to our prayer time together tonight. I am beginning my fast at sundown today and will plan to pray for at least half an hour.<P>Father, I pray that you wrap this forum in your love and grace. I pray that each individual finds peace, comfort and support though the members that post because You are working through each of us. I pray that you protect us from the enemy as we gather to pray this evening and that our prayers resound in your ear with love, praises and sincerity. We thank You in advance for going before us and preparing our minds for this time of prayer and for the answers to our prayers that You are at this moment are purposing for Your purposes. I praise you Father, for who You are. God! You are the great I AM! awesome!!!!!!! grant each of us, your humble servants Your ear for our prayers. Amen.

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
NewDay,<P>I wasn't referring to you at all, if anything you tried to help. You probably did the most to clear up the situation. If anyone is guilty of perpetuating the problem it was me. <P>Please, everyone, don't take my comments as casting a blame anywhere except at myself. I just want to keep from upseting folks.<P>I get so zealous sharing my faith that I guess I come across as holier than thou....it is not my intention.<P>Sorry NewDay for the misunderstanding.<P>Love, Taj

S
S
Well, since it was me that invited Cotthebull over to receive answers to questions, I guess my suggesstion would be to have one topic post titled "Off Topic" or something like that so those who do have questions have a place to ask them and that way we can stay on topic with the goals we had for this forum. I would not want anyone not to be able to ask questions. Also if those who do have questions would be as brave as distrusting and give their email address so that we might be able to give private answers, that might be good too.

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
SueB,<P>Yes, distrusting was very brave and I hope I communicated to her that I respect her input. <P>Are you aware that the topic gotted locked out on the Infidelity forum? That's heated, and though I think their was some positive dialogue I also think they closed it because of concern.<P>Questions are important, and I agree that there needs to be an opportunity for ques. to be asked. Maybe an off topic post would be appropriate. I am just concerned that we not be promoting heated disagreements. God doesn't need to be defended.<P>It is so easy to be misunderstood when all you can use is the written word. All of the emotion can easily be removed when you can't give a genuine smile or a hug.<P>I want to turn people to Christ not turn them off!<P>Just concerned, Taj<P>

I
I
To Taj<P>I am a Lurker. I enjoy reading and understanding what is being said. All the prayers and statements are what I and my H are going though. <P>I have found nothing wrong with what is being said.<P>I will continue to lurk and post once and a while. I hope that this (with me lurking) does not pose a problem with anyone.<P>GOD BLESS!<BR>

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
In the South,<P>I lurked for probably 2 months before I got up the nerve to post anything. I think that is how we all start out.<P>Please lurk as much as you want.......but consider posting too and let us get to know you.<P>This concern of mine is because I am afraid I have hurt people with my responses. I need to be very careful what I respond to. I have limited myself pretty much to this forum, and have avoided much posting on the Infidelity forum. That is the forum I got started on so I want to help when I can. I would of never made it without the advice of those on the Infidelity forum. They are so helpful when you are in the thick of it.<P>Thanks for posting In the South! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Blessings, Taj

U
U
How about a thread called: ("In Jesus name we pray"...The 'why' to it all!)And each of us post our testimonies about our conversions, and transformation?<P>Our personal testimonies can not make others feel bad, because they are 'our personal testimonies' and they are very powerful!<P>just my 2c worth...<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

T
T
Taj,<P>I agree with your motives that we should be sensitive and not turn people away. <P>Your heart is in the right place. I don't have any answers. I just know that infidelity is one of the most painful emotional and hurtful things that can happen in a persons life. And, I know that many times, God is the only one who can change things.<P>Thanks for all your support.<P>TNT

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
TNT and Cozy,<P>This whole thing started by responding to a question. That in itself is innocent enough and I would be naive to think that there weren't those who disagreed and took another approach.......but then each opinion provokes another and another, each one defending the previous individuals post. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Until the original question is lost and its nothing but opinions, and like noses we all have one!<P>I think from now on I will only post one response and try and make it complete the first time. (that is on the other forums not this one) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Cozy, I think testimony time sounds like a great idea! <P>I Peter 3:15 says....be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.....<P>Thats my moto from now on!<P>Blessings, Taj

A
A
You all are such a warm, loving, inviting bunch of ladies, and I for one am so glad that we get together like this and share our lives with Christ with each other. Thank you all so much for being here and praying with me!<P>Taj, I don't think you come across as holier than thou, I think you come across as a caring, loving Christian, and I am so glad you share your faith with us. Praise God!! Thank you Lord for leading Taj and the rest of the Praying Wives to this Bible Study, and for their deep desire to pray and care for others.<P>Hw, great post, you said everything I would have said, so I won't repeat. I do like Cozy's idea of a testimonies thread, I think that in itself would be a blessing to many. <P>SueB's idea about an Off Topic thread is good too. We should do that, along with the testimonies thread. <P>BTW, what time frame did we decide on for prayer time tonight? I'm really looking forward to this time together. Cozy and I did an evening of praying together on mIRC Chat and I felt so very blessed afterwards.<P>I really do think though that as we become more involved in prayer for each other, and others that we are really making Satan angry, so he is doing everything he can to thwart our efforts. We've got to stand firm in our faith, and rebuke, rebuke, rebuke. Neil Anderson's Devotional today was excellent, called "Free of Satan's Bondage". I needed to hear that verse again, "God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all" (1 John<BR>1:5). The evil one has really been attacking me lately. <P>I'm sorry if any lurkers were offended by our beliefs and offers of prayer. I believe it is our duty as Christians to share God's love with others. Like NewDay said, I pray for people because I love them. I guess in the future I won't post about it when God has laid it upon my heart to pray for someone not in the group, I'll just keep it to myself and pray. I want to please God, and do what He tells me to do. <P>If there are any lurkers that I have offended in any way, please allow me to apologize. I hope that you will forgive me if anything I have posted upset you. <P>I'm borrowing the prayer I received from eprayer.com today: "God, teach me understanding. Teach me to know the truth when I meet it. Teach me the importance of self-honesty, so that I may be able to say I<BR>am sorry when necessary." Thank you Lord, for being there for me to lean on and go to when things get rough. <P>God's blessings to you all,<BR>MTAW

K
K
I lurk here often, and may start posting sometime soon (I've bought the Praying Wife book and read sections...). Just wanted to say I've never been offended here at all, but rather impressed with you all.<P>If someone comes to a Bible Study Forum, I think they should be expecting a Christian viewpoint, and I really do not think anyone here was trying to be holier than thou.<P>Kathi<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 492 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation