Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#350957 05/04/00 11:47 PM
A
A
<B>5) Read Joel 2:25 and underline it in your Bible. <BR>What things do you see depleting life out of your marriage?</B><BR> No trust, husband's addiction to alcohol, and his adultery, no remorse<P><B>What does God promise He will do when things have been eaten away from our lives?</B><BR> He will restore to us all the years that have been ruined (eaten by locusts).<P><B>6) Do you believe in God's ability to heal wounds?</B> YES<BR><B>To renew love in your heart?</B> YES<BR><B>To restore your marriage to all it should be? Why or why not?</B><BR> Yes, I believe that only through God will our marriage ever be restored fully, and that it is though our Father that true love for each other comes. God's plan for marriage is perfect; God should always be at the core of a marriage. I believe that God is faithful to his Word, and it is written that it is His covenant to us. <P>

#350958 05/06/00 04:10 AM
A
A
I found the books! I cried while reading THE POWER. This is exactly what I need. Boy, the questions are tough, and therefore really direct my prayers to what is important. Getting rid of anger is so basic and so much a daily necessity. Confessing my anger and frustrations seems to be a regular thing these days, but I can feel a change in my attitude.<P>Getting rid of anger is the first priority in another book I am reading by Gary Smalley: Maing Love Last Forever. My husband bought it in '96 and claims to have never read it. Jehovah jira. I found it when I needed it. I can feel so much anger bottled up in my husband, and here he has a resource that he won't use. POPW has been giving me the well rounded outlook of praying for him in all his needs as I wait for him to want to restore our relationship.<P>Thanks, girls. Not so alone.

#350959 05/07/00 05:01 PM
U
U
I finished the questions on a bus ride home from work on Saturday, my car had just ground the bearings, spun the whoknowswhat and scorched the whathaveyou... My H was sitting this last week, and when he found out I was stranded and coming home via other transportation, did he jump to help me out and get my car home and fixed? NOT..... H said Gee I figured you aren't going to be able to take me to my moms now that the car is broke so I called my mom to come and get me, we weren't getting along anyway...<P>Whats that???? I have been listening to Townson and Meyer <?> the Boundries authors, all week on the radio, and they were talking about 'Mr. Wrong'... Oh my did my 'self' want to call in and say, "Do I have the worst Mr. Wrong there is in this world?" I spent all week fighting resentments because I am so overloaded with responsibilies and H is sitting on his puter and his live is 99% recreation and that is all I could see this week every evening as I came home from work.<BR> I was not mean but I was very distant this week and I know it drove H back to gramma's house... Good riddens, I don't need a 5th child in this house! I have to stick to my boundries, and my question is:<P>With me holding out for the boundries I want, how do I balance being nice and this at the same time... H knows what I want and feels its "Not loving me for who I am", "You don't care about me, you don't even love me if that is what you want" I have explained his person and his actions are separate and I want differnt actions in the same person...... He does not understand...<P>Anyway, I did finish the questions and it all comes across as "blahblablabla Blah blah blabla" thats about as much as it sinks in. The scriptures are there and make perfect sense for other marriages, but for mine, so does the scriptures:<P>If a man does not care for his family he is worse than an unbeliever, if the unbeliever desides to leave, let him go... So my mind is going "Why are you fighting for this sponge?" <P>Did anyone even follow my rambling... had to vent.. What kind of man leaves his wife stranded 60 miles from home and only worries about himself? This is getting to the point where Im thinking..... OW here ya go, you too can be sick to death of him shortly into your relationship to the point where you withdraw and he has an affair with someone else that is clueless...... <P>Don't get me wrong, there is NO hate in me for him, but I am done with our current incorrect pattern we have called our marriage relationship. I will somehow have to come up with enough compassion to keep praying for him to grow and develope in the Lord, somehow stay firm enough not to put up with less and not come across mean or uncaring, and not let myself slip into being snuggled when I see him even if it is the one need he has always been good at meeting (when he wants something or needs to snuggle himself). <BR>I was looking at some of my answers and thinking, if I shared these would anyone understand how I feel right now, they all come off so negative that I am almost embarrased I wrote them. <P>Need some compassion, some encouragement, some sound advice, and <B>LOTS</B>of prayer!<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#350960 05/07/00 08:53 PM
K
K
((((((((((((((Cozy)))))))))))))))<P>You can still pray and be loving and committed in Plan B you know! You do not have to feel resentful once you force him to live without your support machanisms. His mother and OW may not keep enabling him forever. <P>I am praying for you and him to have clarity of mind and thought, wisdom and the Light of Christ to shine in your soul today. Hope this all works out well for you and the kids. <P>I know the prayers of the group have helped soften my H this week. He seems like a different person the last two days! When I am too weak to pray, the prayers of others were answered in my heart and the Lord has given me the release from bondage, depression, sin and temptations that I needed. <P>I think we should start a new thread for the second half of Chapter 1. Can't believe how much work there is in this chapter! It's great.

#350961 05/07/00 11:03 PM
A
A
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{COZY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I'm praying for you right now. Coming here to vent is the right thing to do tho. Lord knows I do. Cozy, there have been so many times that you were here and lifted me up, I will do my best for you. <P>Dear Heavenly Father, Lord, your daughter Cozy is hurt and being overburdened. You know the situation Lord. Please show her husband in a mighty way what his responsibilities as a husband and father are. I pray that you would instill compassion and maturity within Cozy's husband. Please intervene, Lord, before Cozy suffers from total exhaustion. I pray that You will assure she is provided for, help her Father to seek You, lean on You, call out to You. I pray Lord that you will infill her heart and soul with the Holy Spirit, lifting her spirits up, giving her deep joy within her heart. Father I pray that you will take ahold of her husband by the shoulders and shake him awake. Let him see his sins Lord, and be repentant. Thank You Lord, you are almighty, the supreme counselor. I praise You Lord. IJN AMEN<P>Cozy, you're right you don't need a 5th child in your house. Your H is certainly acting like a child. I can sure understand you feeling the way you are. Maybe it is time for Plan B. It sounds like your love for your husband is being eroded by his current behavior, and isn't Plan B supposed to be implemented to keep you from losing all love you have for your spouse? It's a hard decision and only one you and God can make. Lots of prayer needed. I'll be adding you to my morning prayer Cozy. <P>Love and hugs,<BR>AW<P>P.S. - I saw this on an email I got:<BR>"God will keep you in the pot with the lid on tight and the heat turned up until your learning is complete"

#350962 05/08/00 08:38 AM
M
M
Q3.<P>Negative influences:<BR>(1)alcoholism-Bob is an alcoholic and this is the root of our problems.<BR>(2)anger-It seems like no matter what I do or say, Bob is angry at me.<BR>(3)adultery-Bob is living with the OW.<P>Q4.<P>Father, there are days that I feel hopeless about a lot of things. Sometimes I feel like my marriage is completely lost and there is no hope for Bob. I am afraid that Bob will be forever lost to alcoholism, and I don't want this for my children's father. I know that until Bob releases the anger that he has and stops drinking, he is not going to see the destruction this is causing. Please give me more faith to trust that You are working in mine and Bob's lives. IJN.

#350963 05/09/00 01:13 PM
M
M
Hi everyone, I am behind! Sorry....<P>1.do you believe that youa nd your hsuband are one in the isght of God?<BR> <BR>Yes.<P>2. Are there places whyere my husband and I do not work as a team?<BR> <BR>yes<BR>They are: Prayer, disipline, finances<P><BR>Dear Heavenly Father, <BR>I lift before you these things in which we do not stand united. I ask you Lord God, to enourage husband and I to pray together and not let the enemy sneak into this area because prayers are not flowery. Please show me how to come to my husband for prayer without embarrassment. Lord, I know that I am horrible about making excuses about our childrens beahvior instead of backing my husband 100%. Lord, I ask you for the guidance to close my mouth when he is disiplining. Lord, I thank you for the finances you have provided to us. I ask for guidance in learing how to confer with my hsban about finacial decisions. Lord, to be united as one with you Lord, Is my desire<BR>Thank you for all that you have done and all that you are going to do..<BR>Amen<P>What do I have authority over?<BR>Serpents and scorpions and have all power over the enemy.<BR>

#350964 05/26/00 11:16 PM
K
K
I have HOPE now! My H is apparantly trying to be nice, nice, nice. Perhaps even some version of Plan A! Wow. God is answering our prayers! <P>Please, Lord, keep us in thy sight. Let me not stray. Turn my heart to desire my husband. I praise thy holy name forever, In Jesus name, Amen.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation