Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#351012 03/18/00 09:32 AM
J
J
Good morning ladies and let's all have a joyfilled day in Christ, okay?<BR>I see some of us have been busy writing.............<BR>In the middle of the night while I was writing- it seemed like I was writing forever- but I guess mine wasn't THAT long a post,now that I see it today.........<BR>SueB, thank you for sharing all those Psalms,and about the loss of a spouse through death.When my mother died 18 years ago, it was so devastating- I couldn't accept it- still struggle with it, but the loss of my spouse? Unheard of! I couldn't even go there.God Bless you. <BR>I am going to read the Psalms you quoted and also read Ephesians- isn't that mostly about Paul's joy in the Lord?<BR>This lack of joy in my life has most certainly caused ill feelings in my body-very probable my infertility/miscarriages, and who knows what diseases I could have gotton because of it!(Actually I do know- and thank God everyday now that I am still healthy at 44 years old.)<BR>Well, I am going to read H's deliverance- that is the one I meant I was going to read last night.<BR>Cozy- did you go to the Dr yet?<BR>Liz, I'm praying for you- another thing I can't comprehend is losing my sibling.SueB's post with the Psalms sounds like something that will help you.<BR>The Lord is with you,Pearl.<BR>Have a GOD inspired day!<BR>IJN,<BR>Jn

#351013 03/18/00 09:38 AM
J
J
P.S. MTAW-Thank you for your words of wisdom to me and validating what I said about not being ready to give up my home.I sure appreciate you!<BR>Also,you sure did start a good topic with this last one,eh? A lot of responses from us praying wives! <BR>Love, <BR>Joy

#351014 03/18/00 09:43 AM
S
S
Okay Joy Nicole, here is your homework assignment for today. You are going to take captive of your thoughts as we are told to do in 2Cor10:5- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. You are going to ask yourself if the thoughts you have pass the test of Phillipians 4:8 and if it doesn't you are going to rebuke Satan and throw the thought away! Have fun! I want to hear a progress report on how you day was. Love you!<P>PHP 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. [9] Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.<BR>

#351015 03/18/00 10:15 AM
J
J
Hi SueB,<BR>Just got back from driving down the mountain to put a letter in the mailbox, and came back to find your assignment, and now I am going to do as you say!<BR>I'll write at the end of the day.<BR>Thank you.

#351016 03/18/00 12:28 PM
H
hw Offline
H
What an awesome group. I love all the aafirmation and lifting up. I would love to meet you ladies. Wouldn't it be fun to have our own retreat or a retreat within a retreat.<BR>Cozy, how exciting for you! What awesome testimony that God does hear our cries to be heard!<BR>JN, Separation is no fun, but I am more at peace with it now 6 months later. It was overwhelming for us all. Too many changes with two weeks time. I started back at school, oldest daughter went to boarding school, husband left. Only God held us together. We are all a little more settled but I still hope that God can get through to my husband.<BR>Thanks AW for the prayers to sow discord between them. Amen. I hope their weekend is as strained to the utmost. I pray they fight all weekend. i PRAY THAT HE IS BORD AS HE HAS EXPRESSED TO ME THAT HE SOMETIMES IS.<BR>sUE, THANKS SO MUCH For the verses. I went through an got some out notes out of my journals that focused on praise. I am going to concentrate on praise. It is where God lives in our praises and it helps me through the tough times. <BR>To all the rest of you, you are such an inspiration especially when I am struggling. I am actually doing pretty well today.<BR>I am however trying to write mu next midterm. I have two due this week. So pray for inspiration, and energy to keep going and focused this week.<BR>Lord, I pray that all of us are protected from the enemy. You hear our cries and you answer. You are molding us into beautiful women who have hearts for Jesus. Thank you Lord, for the time you spend on each one of us. I am so over joyed at the thought. You sing over us as Zephaniah tells. How awesome, the God of the universe takes time to sing over each one of ud. Lord I love you today and every day. I am overwhelmed for your love and in your presence. Thank you Jesus for your care and comfort. Amen<P>Please pray with me this weekend that God will use the time my husband and the ow have together to pull them further apart not together. He will sow seeds of discord and strife. He will continue to light the fire of desire for me and give him vivid deams and thoughts of us. That God will put Christians in his path this weekend and cause him to return to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. That the ow would be convicted of her part in the adultry and pull away. That God would use their time together for His good and not theirs. That God will help me to keep my mouth from saying ugly things about them. That I will have the desire to draw closer to my Lord, and praise His name contineously.

#351017 03/18/00 03:10 PM
S
S
Father, you are so faithful to us no matter what is going on in our lives. I thank you for the gift of yourself and the promises made to all of us. You said you would be our husband and the father to the fatherless. Wrap us in your love today.<P>Father you said if any of us needed wisdom, we just had to ask and it would be ours. You assure us of your peace if we lay all anxiety at your feet. Father, HW has two term papers due and you know how this time doing school work helps her to keep from wallow in pity over the situation of her husband. Father, I ask that you give her clarity of mind this weekend, that the words for her papers just flow like a waterfall breaking over the mountain top, briskly, concisely, an even gush that keeps her typing rapidly to keep up with the ever present flood of thoughts, a might roar resounding the echos of her theme akin to the splash at the bottom of the Falls, when the water crashes below, the rumble amid the misty spray touching all in its path, the aftermath like a dewy morning in the sunlight, sparkling, a glitter, fresh and awesome and when she is done and rereads the words she has written, she to will be in awe of the help that you have given for you are THE mighty author! Let her complete far more that she ever planned today and let the next two weeks be such a comfort to her as she goes about her daily tasks. Let her smile at hardships as the Proverbs 31 woman and let her joy be a ray of sunshine for those about her. Let her be the light on the table, not one under a basket and let her husband be curious and amazed. Let him wonder what he ever saw in the other woman, let your conviction lay heavily on his heart and the OW a millstone around his neck. Let him cry out to you to break the bondage that he is in. Put an umbrella shield aroud HW during this time. Help her to stay focused on the wonders of you and to not rescue her husband as he undergoes these trials. We praise you for answered prayers. You are mighty and awesome! IJN

#351018 03/18/00 03:55 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Wow, SueB, what a <B>BEAUTIFUL</B> prayer!!! And, AMEN to all of it. I'm praying with you for HW, and everyone else today SueB. <P>Have a wonderful afternoon,<P>MTAW

#351019 03/18/00 04:20 PM
H
hw Offline
H
SueB.<BR>Thanks soooo much, what a truely beautiful prayer. How can I not do well with the Lord, and friends like you to pray with and for. Thanks so much. Have a great day. It is back to reading and hopefully writing soon.

#351020 03/18/00 06:16 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
I'm glad everyone is doing great today, wish I could say the same. This day has been the worse day in several months. We can't seem to be able to carry on a civil conversation.<P>As usual the argument started over something spiritual. I can't say a thing and he sees me as being critical. I'm so tired of being the bad guy in all of this. He sees me as the enemy and always has. I can't win for losing.<P>I'm tired of being the spiritual leader in this home.......I want a man who is seeking God with his whole heart.<P>Yah, I know I'm having a pity party, but when is it my turn to lean on someone. I guess I need to face the fact that he may never be what God wants him to be. I'm just plain tired today. Forgive me my rant.......<P>Taj

#351021 03/18/00 07:34 PM
U
U
I just thought of more praise... I had the patience to listen to H tell about a week with another woman, and I didn't become bitter and resentful.... God kept my heart soft, and here is a great one.... OW wants to start going to church and said as long as H is married she wont have a physical relationship with him because its wrong <Go back and look at my prayer> "ITS about time someone felt bad..." So she had H come and stay and wouldn't even kiss H.... Oh my I had to hold back snickering...<P>Also, H said its as if OW and I have changed places, she treats him badly because of resentment and bitterness, holding a grudge, and I am being the one that makes him feel loved and cared for like H found in OW way back in the beginning of this mess... Im looking at this as possible an answer to God turning H's heart back to the wife of his youth...<P>I cant wait to see what is next... I will not expect H not to fall this time though and let it shock me, as H admitted he is so weak that every bump and scrape seems to send him running... But each time a lesson is learned! God is at work and my faith is in Him who is able to do exceedinly abundantly beyond all I could hope for or even imagine!!!<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#351022 03/18/00 07:44 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#351023 03/18/00 07:53 PM
M
M
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'm with Taj this evening. I don't even know what to say.....<P>Mitzi

#351024 03/18/00 07:56 PM
S
S
Okay, Taj my sister, the taj mahal of your husband's life. so he is a wimp today....and threatened by the very thing he admires in you. God is pressing him and he feels scared, scared of what God may want him to do, scared of letting you down, scared that your faith may be stronger than his, scared of the steps he has taken within the body that he has been so isolated from for a long time....but heaven forbid, we mention fear to a man....so he snaps and nitpicks and puts you down in hopes that he might seem bigger....and each little tif like this increases your anxiety that appeared after discovery, when your whole world fell apart....Are the lightbulbs going on? Don't you see who the enemy is? The wild darts that attempt to hit an unseen mark flying blindly where no target is? <P>We have already won Taj. Let him fight with the Lord. You go rest in Him. Take a bubble bath, turn on the praise music, take a walk and gaze at the heavens above in awe of the One who made it all. I honestly would have left long ago if I didn't know who was in control of it all. He is my hope. <P>Love you!<P>

#351025 03/18/00 08:24 PM
U
U
I agree with remembering that GOD IS SOVERIEGN AND IN TOTAL CONTROL, He loves me so much that he is taking me through this to draw me into a deeper love relationship with Him..... The world would think that the above statement deemed me straight jacket material and God a mean Father.... WE KNOW BETTER!<P>Dont let the enemy beat you up today, You are a child of God, He loved 'you' so much that you were cleared of All Charges and the Judge himself allowed his precious son to pay the death penalty for what you did.... Satan has NO place in our lifes trying to make us think that somehow we are not overcomers of the deceiver and discourager, the prince of the earth and the power of the air... The firey darts can be repelled!!!<P>Dear Father in heaven, Ruler of all in existance, I stand right now in proxy for all of my sisters that are feeling the attack of the enemy today and are worn thin in this battle today. I ask that the sheild of Faith is placed well before them, that they are cinched tight in the belt of salvation and the the sword of truth is weilded with expertise and perfection in their lives as they fight the good fight... That you would carry them when they are feeling so weak, but dear Lord I also pray that they are strengthened and do not grow weary of doing good, for we know there is a reward that in due season we will reap the rewards... Let us all be the servants that when we approach your thrown, you say to each and every one of us..."well done my good and faithful child" In Jesus Name AMEN<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#351026 03/19/00 06:53 AM
S
S
A New day-<P>PS 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.<P>For those of you who don't live in the humid states where hot is hot, no matter where you stand, the difference between standing in the sun and standing in the shade can be as much as 15 degrees. Where, in the humid states, the wind is like breathing the steam from the sizzling lava rocks in a sauna that have just been drenched with water, the wind under a shade tree in a less humid environment is like a breath of fresh air, drying the perspiration from the forehead, cooling and refreshing. I thought of this as I read Ps 91:1. How the heat of our daily challenges saps our energy much like a hot, humid Summer day, surrounding us with stifling air not fit to breath, closing in around us, our clothes clinging to our skin like a form-fitting glove and the difficulty in finding any relief, save closing ourselves in an air conditioned room. <P>Sometimes the Lord does want us to close ourselves off, to rest in Him, to rest in His shadow that protects from the heat of our daily situations, to feel the cooling presence of the One who loves us so much that He allowed his son to be the sacrifice for our sins that we might be reconciled in fellowship with Him. Sometimes, we cannot get out of the heat of our situations, and can only move to sit under a shade tree to get relief. Those moments of temperature difference, however, can bring a coolness and a touch of renewed energy for the battles before us. As we worship Him today, let us rest in the shadow and be renewed and refreshed.<P>Hugs to you all!<p>[This message has been edited by SueB (edited March 19, 2000).]

#351027 03/19/00 08:27 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
SueB,<P>I can't even post cause I am crying....Thank you sister!

#351028 03/19/00 08:59 AM
M
M
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> but when is it my turn to lean on someone<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Taj, boy can I sympathize with that! Dear Sister, please cheer up. It makes me sad to know that you are feeling bad. Count your blessings, go and praise God for all he had done for you and your H. It will help. Everyone gets down now and then, I guess its your turn. The Lord will lift you back up Taj. He will give you back the joy today, He will carry you. Are you praying for the Lord to help your H be the spiritual head? I have to pray a lot for the Lord to show me how to be submissive to my unbelieving husband. It's a hard way to live. <P>Dear Father, I lift up Taj to you today, asking for the Holy Spirit to fill her heart and soul today. Give her extra joy in her heart Lord, and an extra helping of Your love. Please be with her today, comforting her. Father, I pray that You will guide her husband, showing him how to be the spiritual head of their household. Please lay it upon his heart to seek You more indepthly. Give him more of Your Spirit, Lord. Thank you Father for your unending love for us. We praise you Lord, you are our redeemer. Thank you Father for these wonderful Christians. IJN AMEN

#351029 03/19/00 09:08 AM
M
M
Cozy, <B>PRAISE THE LORD! HE IS AWESOME!!</B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I am sooo excited about the answered prayers. He is working on them Cozy. We have to stay steadfast in our prayers for our husbands. Gal 6:9 pops into my head: <I>So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. </I> It appears that the prayers we prayed on Tues. night are getting answers to them! We have to keep doing that, praying alltogether at the same time. PTL!! <P>You all are in my prayers today. I've got to go get ready for church, will say a big prayer for us all there. Ladies, He WILL be victorious in our lives! <P><B>Thank you Lord for answering our prayers! </B>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation