Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
POGP Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Why aren't you posting? Are you ok?<P>I'm getting worried, guys. Has anyone had an email from her?<P>lizzie

T
Taj Offline
T
E-mailed her this morning......no response as of yet. She usually posts during her lunch hour, hopefully she will today too!<P>I am worried too!<P>Father, be with Rootbeer. Encourage her heart and protect her from the evil one. We lift up to You her needs whatever they may be. If there is danger Lord put a hedge of protection around her. Give her a mighty sense of Your presence in her circumstances.<BR>IJN

H
H
AW,<BR>I posted last week, and you responded, please let us know you are fine. We are all concerned. It matters a great deal to your sisters to know that you are fine. Please let us help you!<P>Dear Lord, please watch over AW (Rootbeer) during her absence from MB. We know she has undying faith for your Lord, please lift her up from where ever she is, let her hear our prayers and let her know that we lover her too, as You do. Don't let her give into despair because of David. Keep her from harms way! IJN, we pray!<BR>Amen<P>AW, please, please write to us. We are waiting to hear from you! We are all praying things are okay! Love, Pookie! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
I emailed her yesterday and today and haven't gotten any response! I am definately worried!!<P>Please MTAW, at least just post "I'm ok!" anything!!!<P>(((((HUGS)))))<BR>Mitzi

H
hw Offline
H
Aw, Don't know where you are, but I know you can feel our prayers. You are missed and you are prayed over. Let us knowq where you are when you can.<BR>Father, I lift my sister up to you. Lord, You know where she. I praise You for watching over her. Please keep her safe and let her feel Your presence now. Lord, I know You love her. Lord, let Your Spirit live in her vitally. Whisper in her ear I love you from all of us. In Jesus name. Amen

U
U
AW, we miss you sooo much! You are so valuable to this womens study forum!!! I know God is with you, and knows what is going on in your life, but its hard for us as humans with our finite minds to not be concerned...After all, last week was a doozy for you....<P>Dear Lord, we know that you have our sweet sister within the shelter of your wings. We ask that you renew her and bring her back into our presence with praise and glory to you for all you have been doing in her life over this weekend... Dear lord, let her feel our prayers, and let us have your peace. IJN Amen.<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

A
A
I'm finally back!!! Boy have I missed you all!!!!<P>I am sitting her at my computer crying my eyes out, tears of joy because I am so lucky to have such <B>WONDERFUL, CARING</B> people thinking about me. I am so blessed, the Lord has been tremendously good to me by leading me to this site. You all have been my life-support line during this excruciating trial. Thank you all so very very much.<P>I have been on vaction since last Thursday, and have had a whirlwind of activity. Several members of my h's family came to visit, they just left today. I had been really dreading this visit, since pretty much all of his family are big drinkers who seem to like to see us have problems.<P>Here's the update. First, praises: <P><B>MY H MADE AN APPT. WITH STEVE HARLEY FOR COUNSELING FOR THIS THURSDAY!!!</B> Thank you Lord, PRAISE GOD!! His appt. for phone counseling is at 6:00 AM CST so if any of you are up then, would you please pray with me? Thank you thank you thank you!<P>Next praise: David has been very nice to me the entire time his family was here visiting. In the past, he normally would make rude, derogatory comments to me and about me to his family. It was always tense, and visits became nearly unbearable for me because H and I would fight, H would take off drinking (his family is all into the bar scene and are heavy drinkers too), do his disappearing acts, etc. None of that happened this time. I can attribute this to your prayers Ladies. I know that this has been God's hand at work. I have been in awe this whole week at how the little things I've seen that I know are of God. <P>Some friends were over last Sat. . I had spent all day cooking for his family and friends. While I was inside (we were having an outdoor BBQ, weather has been beautiful here in TX), H bragged to them about my cooking, and how hard I'd worked on the yard and house. I wouldn't have known he said this except one of the wives told me what he said. I think God was reminding him of what he would lose if our divorce was to go through.<P>Last night and the night before, when we went to bed, <I>H thanked me</I> for being so good to his family, spending all my vacation cooking and taking his family around to see the sights, etc. I was shocked to hear those words from him, because he never thanks me for anything I do. I praised God over and over so many times these last few days. God knew how down I have been getting and spoke to my H. <P>All of us went out to dinner. <I>H sat by me, was openly affectionate in public!</I> I have been praying that the Lord give my H affection for me, and help him to show it. Thank you Lord Jesus for answering our prayers!!! <P>And yes, H drank like a fish the entire time his family was here. I thank God that He intervened and kept H from going to the bar. His family members mentioned a few times things like "what's a good bar to go to around here" so I know H was tempted. Satan got rebuked a lot. <P>Thank you all so much for your prayers. God heard them and answered them. The one time I did get on my computer while they were here I couldn't get connected so I couldn't get in touch with you all!!!! Satan was hard at attacking me though, and I'm sure he's going to be working overtime now since I've sung God's praises. But, I'm holding up my shield of faith, and the Holy Spirit is with me. Your prayers have given me so much more faith ladies, I can't thank you enough. <P>Dear Heavenly Father, I praise You in the highest Lord for these praying wives. Lord, thank you for leading me to this group, and thank you so much for each praying wife. Your goodness overwhelms me, I am so thankful that You saved me. Father, thank you for your never-ending love for us. Thank you Lord for carrying us over the rocks and through the storms. You are our Redeemer, our Savior. I pray that you will touch each praying wife's life, and bring them the desires of her heart. Thank you Lord. IJN AMEN

H
H
Dear Rootbeer (AW),<P>Ohhhh it was great to hear from you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ,what a relief!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] God knows very well we were worried!<P>I'm very happy it was just a busy schedule that kept you from us. I'm glad to hear your update. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Hopefully things will continue to look up for you and David. I will pray that his phone meeting w/ Harley goes well. <P>Well, things with me and h are terrific, and I continue to pray for him to return to his relationship with the Lord, he went with us to church on Sunday. I was thrilled. The pastor was very happy to see him there.<P>Dear Heavenly Father, I praise You for watching over AW this week while she had to entertain H's family, for making her strong and for softening David's heart to a point of being able to treat AW with kindness. <P>Rootbeer, I have this little booklet with prayers for each day of the week, here is today's:<BR>"I am guided and loved today and every day.<P>As I begin this day, I look to You God. You are my strength and my security. You are the light upon my path, the wisdom within my soul. I open my heart to You, God, and feel safe in Your presence and love.<P>Whatever I need to do today, You will be with me, God. Wherever I go today, I trust You guide my steps. Whatever situation I face, I release it to You with unlimited faith.<P>As You love me, God, and tenderly uphold me, help me be faithful to Your guidance. Help me walk safely through every moment of the day and feel the fullness of Your wisdom, the touch of Your love, and the strength of Your power.<P>I am Yours, God--mind, body, and spirit. I feel Your presence within me now, and i know that this will be a day of love, a day of joy, a day of new hope and new beginnings.<P>"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you." --Numbers 6:24-25<P>Keep smiling [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Pookie<BR>

N
N
AW: So glad to hear you are back. I don't post much, but I do still read & pray everyday. I was also worried & praying for you. I am pleased to see God working in your lives. Isn't he awesome. He has been so good to us also. We are trying to sell our house. I finally took it to the Lord in prayer & said all I would like would be to able to sell the house at a fair price to benefit us, the new owners, & the real estate agent. We have had it on the market for about 2 months. I was done worrying about it because I had given it over to God and I knew He would take care of us in His time and way. I felt so much better. Well today our agent called & said someone is ready to make an offer. We haven't received the details yet, but we are thankful. God has given us so many blessings & at times I feel so undeserving. Anyways, I am happy to hear how well your weekend went and will pray for your H's counciling session. That is something we never did get to do. Blessings, J

S
S
Seeing you back online brings up a well of emotions for me lady. I have been praying and praying for you, seemed I couldn't turn around and the Lord would bring you to mind again. Tears of relief, tears of stess reduction, a bit of discomfort that the evil one brought thoughts of the worst happening to you, greatefulness that is was a lie, I just plain missed you!!!! (The she-bear mother in me wanting to ground you for not telling us that you wouldn't be available for a few days)<P>What an awesome God we have. All those things He has put in your husband's heart, him feeling safe enough to tell you...wow, it is so neat. All I can do is sit here and praise Him. (More tears- the premenopause garbage gets old-LOL)<P>God has placed a woman from church in my midst whose husband during the first 5 years of their marriage was much like my H, highly controlling, etc. She ended up having an affair and she talked about their journey to recovery....lo and behold he used Harley's concepts! And this was 12 years ago!<P>Father, thank you so much for protecting Rootbeer during these last days, for not only laying her on our hearts to pray for her, but for the way you are changing her husband. Thank you that he is seeing what a special lady she is. Thank you also that he has agreed to speak with Harley. Father, we continue to ask you to release him from the bondage of alcohol, that you continue to call his name and that you help break down the barriers that keep him from responding. Continue to give Rootbeer the grace to love him in spite of himself. Give her your wisdom and insight. Holy Spirit, guard her mouth and help her to measure her words that they be honoring to the Father and a light in the dark world where her husband sometimes dwells. Give her husband a hunger and a thirst for Spiritual things, let him become increasingly aware of how unsatisfying the alcohol is. IJN, AMEN.

A
A
SueB, thank you so much for caring about me!!!! I am so very thankful for all of you on this forum. Your beautiful prayer means so much to me. Thank you.<P>Ok, I have my tail between my legs, and am cowering, will you please forgive me for not telling you before hand that I might not be able to post? Please forgive me, mother hens! I confess my sin, so now you have to forgive me. I will accept my grounding. I will be good from now, on, I promise.<P>Update - H had his counseling session with Steve Harley this AM. I prayed and prayed for the Lord to speak through Steve. I didn't hear what was said, other than a couple words when I passed through the room while getting ready for work. I did hear H tell Steve "yeah, I love her". That's good. After the session, H told me that Steve told him to have me call and set an appt. for me to talk to Steve. H also said I needed to get the Emotional Needs questionnairre for him to fill out off the website and fax it to Steve after he does it. Also, need to get him the LoveBusters information for him to read. I'm praying that he doesn't back out on his commitment to this counseling. I've been praising God all day for this session!!! Thank you LORD!<P>Thank you all so much for your prayers. God is working on his heart. We've got to keep praying ladies!<P>

H
hw Offline
H
AW,<BR>excellento!!!!! God is really moving in David. Wow!!!!!!!!! Have you filled out the questionairres also? How is it counseling with Steve over the phone? I would like to know what the experience is like. Will steve talk with both of you at some point. What are the logistics of that?<P>Lots of questions, sorry???<P>Father, We lift Your name on high. You are so fantastic. Lord, we thank you for moving in David's life Lord and we thank you for AW's faithfulness. All I can say is thank you and all praises to You, Lord. Amen

A
A
hw - ok, here's the scoop. David talked to Steve first alone, took about 45 minutes. I don't know what they discussed, because he hasn't told me. We have to fill out the Emotional Needs questionnaire and fax it back to Steve. I have to talk to Steve alone next, my appt. is Tues. next week. I imagine that we have to have the questionnaires back before then. Steve also wants David to read the LoveBusters information from the website. I printed that off today, so hopefully he will read it this weekend. <P>After my session alone with Steve, we're supposed to talk with him together from then on. I'm not sure how that works, though. I would guess we are each on an extension ?? Steve must have made a positive impression on David because he didn't appear to be opposed to having more sessions. I'm hopeful that this counseling will help David to understand how a husband is supposed to treat his wife, because truly he has no idea. His father was a horrible role model. <P>Thank you for your thoughtful prayer. I'm praying for you to hw. Love and prayers,<BR>AW

H
H
Oh AW I am so thrilled that David finally met w/ (telephone) with Steve. I'm sure you were going nuts just with the anticipation of it all. You are 100% right, our Lord has been working on David's heart. Our prayers will never cease.<P>Dear Lord, I praise You and thank you for softening AW's h's heart. For leading him to counseling. We know he has tried to get out of it before, but through Your work, he was there. I pray that You open his ears, and heart and let him absorb ALL that Steve H. has to say! Allow him to hear YOUR voice through Steve, and continue to guide him back to You and to Rootbeer. Please be with Rootbeer & David as they fill out the EN, and when they have their joined session. THANK YOU THANK YOU LORD for answering our Prayers. WE have all the Faith in YOU! IJN Amen.<P>AW, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....I will always continue praying for You! xoxo Love,<BR>Arelys aka Pookie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

A
A
Thanks Pookie! I was so touched by your prayer. I am always overwhelmed that people care so much. You're in my prayers too.

J
J
MTAW,<BR>You know how glad my heart feels for you!<BR>Love,<BR>Jn<BR>P.S. Both you and Lizzie have been on my mind and in extra prayers, for your sessions!<BR>PTL!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation