Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#351286 03/30/00 05:11 PM
H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I know where you are. I know each day seems an eternity. It does get better. It is incredibly hard to just get up and get going. Can you email him? Why not send a note saying I know we have to talk about the house. It is not that I lied about calling back, but it is just too hard for me to talk to you right now. Give me a week or so____, you fill in the blank.<BR>I have emailed my husband at times when it was just too hard to hear his voice or see him. That way I comunicate but there is no personal contact. Playing games is not the answer, but you are not playing games just protecting yourself from more pain.<BR>Draw near to God if you can. Know He is carrying you at this moment. He wants you to crawl into His lap so He can put His arms around you and hold you. You can cry and scream and get angry with Him. Then ask Him to take the anger. It is amazing when this happens. I'll get angry in my mind mulling it over for a while and then I'll say to God, okay I am done. Take it away. It almost instantly dissipates. It is incredible. I feel less stress and I have come to know God as a God who really listens to all I say and can even take my anger. He is so faithful that He even takes it from me when I am ready to let it go. Since you can't get mad at your husband because he is not there, you have to have an outlet for it. You are probably not at the angry stage. You are still in shock and incredible pain and grief. You wonder if you can go on. You will, and as you start to get better over the months you will be stronger, know God in a far more intimate way and by that time your husband will realize what a jerk he was. Then you get to decide between you and God whether to let him back in.<BR>Just take care of yourself for now. Eat right and sleep if you can. Excedrin PM is great. I take just one and it helps enough to get me to sleep and then I can usually sleep through the night. Consider antidepressants if you are not on them. At least for a short time to get you through the hardest part. I waited 3+ months. It was final time and I was overwhelmed. So I called up and explained the situation and got them right away.<P>Joy you are in God's hands but I know it still hurts and He does too. Feel the pain and go through the stages. Don't deny the pain or it will come out later in a worse form. I am praying for you.<P>Father,<BR>You know Joynicole. She is Your daughter. You see her pain and You know the anguish of her heart. Lord, let her feel Your comfort right now. Let, her seek You with all her heart. Bring her supportive friends. Lord, we know You are going before her and working out all the details for the house and her life. Wheil she can't pay attention to all the details send others to help. Increase her faith and help her in her unbelief. Show her what You want her to know about You, herself and her situation. Father touch her husband's heart. Soften it and bring him to his knees before You. Draw him toward you. Bring Christain men into his life to minister Your word to him. <BR>Lord, You know the plans you have for us, plans to prosper us and not to harm us. Plans to give us a hope and a future. Thank Father for being in our sorrow. Help Joy to lift a sacrifice of praise to Your name.<P>Joy two more things. When it hurts too much to pray or praise God read the Psalms out loud. Read the praise ones which will have the effect of putting joy in your heart and the one which David expresses his anger and anguish. <BR>Also, try keeping a journal if you do not already. It really helps me get thoughts out and to sort them out. It is a relese.<P>Joy rest confidently in Christ, He has not forsaken you and He never will. I know that at some points it is hard to grab on to that. But you can trust it as surely as you can trust that every time you add up 2 + 2 it will equal 4. It is a given.<P>Seek His face!!

#351287 03/30/00 09:10 PM
J
J
dear Hw,<BR>A quick reply, as I am going to bed now.<P> First of all that you took the time to write me in the midst of how exhausted you are from writing your paper(I read that from another post) and all the mental energy it takes to write,just goes to prove more to me the love of our Savior working through you, Cindy.Thank you.<P>I don't have a printer anymore (it went with H,) but tomorrow morning I am going to write out your post to me so I can reread it during my breaks. It is filled with Godly advice and wisdom. I know that you have been there. Now, it looks as if God is answering your prayers!<BR>How we praise Him!!!<P>I'm sorry this is so short, but I just wanted to quickly respond to how grateful I am for your post.I will be online tomorrow sometime. <P>Joy

#351288 03/31/00 07:32 AM
A
A
JN, I'm thinking about you today, and will be praying for you also. Hw - you're prayers are always so beautiful, I receive such a blessing just reading them. Thank you.<P>Have a great day ladies.<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation