Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#351503 04/10/00 11:36 AM
P
POGP Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I have been posting less and less in the past two months, but still praying for your situations and using POPW in my prayer times.<P>I find that I tend to get sucked into reading the posts here, allowing them to keep me from what I need to be doing in "the Real World". I think I must go 'cold turkey' and spend my time doing what I know I need to. <P>The encouragement I received here through your prayers and posts cannot be matched. It has been a blessing to get to know each of you, in this limited way.<P>My marriage is stronger than it has been in years. My h. says he is more honest in it and therefore, better for him, than it has ever been. <P>My heart's desire is still that he will renew his commitment to Christ. I also pray that he will ask me to 'marry' him again, even if just the two of us say vows in the quietness of our beach. <P>However, I have committed myself to allowing him the room he needs to make these choices free from my nagging. <P>I pray daily for his spiritual life, yet I know that I do myself a great injustice if I think I must put happiness on hold until he 'tows the line'. <BR> <BR>He is still attending church every week with us, and says prayers with our boys each night. Sometime soon, our pastor, his friend, will have a heart to heart talk with him. Our ministers have all encouraged me to be patient, hold my tongue, and pray.<P>I imagine in a while that I will check in on you. <P>I will definitely post when my 'miracles' happen, for surely, in God's time, they will. I believe God wants both my h's commitment to Christ and his commitment to me to be formally and publicly renewed. Perhaps this Easter, maybe not for years. I will wait and pray for as long as God tells me I should.<P>So much love to you all,<P>lizzie\pearl of great price

#351504 04/11/00 12:06 AM
S
S
I for one will really miss you and your posts Liz. Your message is full of hope and a great sense of peace. I am glad.<P>God bless you and please do let us know how you are doing.

#351505 04/10/00 01:38 PM
H
H
Dear POGP,<BR>I'm so very happy for you and your H and family! I know what it is to be happy again, and am thrilled to hear you are sharing in that happiness as well. I too check in (every once in a while) hoping that maybe I can offer our fellow posters something from my own experience that can help. <P>God is so awsome in working on your relationship like that! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Don't rush the vows part too much, remember what we always say at MB's "IN God's time NOT ours" We have to believe in that!<P>I can't wait to hear the complete miracle post, I'm sure it won't be long...Keep smiling and keeping God ahead of all!<P>With all my prayers, and love for a happy lifetime! <BR>Pookie.

#351506 04/10/00 02:11 PM
N
N
Lizzie: I find I am in a similar situation. I don't post much anymore and can't afford the time at this point. I so much appreciate everyone here getting me through the rough spots in the road. I'm not sure I could have made it without the support here. I just ordered the study guide and am interested in keeping up with that. Perhaps some of you who would like to work through it & discuss it maybe once a week or something. I find it hard to get here everyday, but once a week would be doable. If not, if there is someone who wants to just email me and work through it or be prayer partners, that would be great, too. I will continue to pray for you all and check in weekly to see how you are progressing. Blessings, J

#351507 04/10/00 03:06 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
Pearl of Great Price,<P>You go tend to the most important thing in life and that is your family. Your leaving shows just how much you are leaning on the Lord and how total healing is eminent.<P>May God bless you and yours and give you the desires of your heart.<P>Drop in and say "HI" when you can.<P>Love in Christ,<BR>Taj

#351508 04/10/00 04:07 PM
K
K
Congratulations Lizzie!! You have graduated to a new level. Miracles are evident all around. You sound like your marriage is in a strong and beneficial place. Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow!<P>I will miss you too, but can really relate to how easy it is to spend a lot of time here. If my H would spend time with me I know I wouldn't even be here! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Have a great life! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Love, <P>K

#351509 04/10/00 05:15 PM
H
hw Offline
H
I noticed you were posting less, but I understand where you are at. I am so glad that things are moving in the right direction. It is hard to be patient when what you want is so right and you also know itr is in agreement with God. I know you can taste it. But take that urge and let it go to God and at those moments seek God. He is calling you to an even deeper relationship with him. We know for sure that God wants your husband back and for him to renew his vows with Him. God will not let him go. <BR>I pray POGP that your dreams are met in ways you never expected because God always answers with more than we ever dared hope for.<BR>Father, We know your presence is with Liz. Lord, increase her thirst and let her find no satisfaction in any other place then sitting at your feet. She knows her happiness can be met only in You, remind her when she is discouraged. Increase her faith and reveal Your marvelous plan for her life step by step. Draw her h toward You. We know You will never let him go. Increase his thirst also for You and let his moiuth get drier and drier the longer he delays. What an awesome God and work You are doing in this family. Let Your glory radiate through the reconcilliation with You and this marriage. Let it be an example to all they meet. Let Liz's silent prayers for her husband be answered but let her be patient with Your work. For she truely doesn't want it to be over until You have finished Your work with this part of her h's life. Lord we will miss her. Put our love for her in her heart, so when she is feeling lonely she will remember the friends she has here. Amen.

#351510 04/10/00 06:57 PM
J
J
You will be missed.<BR>I Look forward to hearing from you from time to time.<P>Praying that you are healing from the death of your sister(I don't think we ever really "get over" the death of a loved one, I think we just learn to live with it.<BR>(By trusting in God of course)<P>I pray that God continues to heal your eye.<P>Liz, below I listed a few more asthma herbs. (SueB you wanted to know also)<P>******8And remember-<BR>Always check with your doctor, of course,some of these herbs are not good if you have high blood pressure,etc. Always read the labels first, and most important,when you go to the health food store stay in Jesus, if you know what I mean!<P>God Bless your marriage Lizzie.<BR>Keep modeling Christ.<BR> <BR>Love,<BR>Joynicole<P>P.S.<BR>Forgive me, if it was Cozy with the asthma.......I am drawing a blank....I'm fairly sure it was you Liz?<P>Ephedra,(contains natural ephedrine, which acts as a bronchodilator)<P>Lobelia(antispasmodic, relaxes the bronchial muscle)<P>Capsicum(cayenne) desensitizes the respiratory system to irritants and is helpful in stopping an asthma attack)<P>Grindelia(to ease bronchial spasms and to prmote the removal of mucus from the lungs.)<P>Licorice(for its anti-inflammatory and antiallergenic effects.<P>God luck!

#351511 04/10/00 07:36 PM
M
M
Liz,<P>I definately will miss you and your faith and wisdom. But I am glad that things are going so right for you. <P>(((((HUGS)))))<BR>Mitzi<P>P.S. Stop in and say HI when you can!

#351512 04/10/00 10:56 PM
B
B
POGP,<BR>I'm very happy that things are going well for you in your life. God Bless you.

#351513 04/11/00 12:39 AM
U
U
You have been with us since the beginning, and I also will miss you very much! God always leads us to crossroads where we must choose a new path and a higher road with Him.... May you be blessed with all of the desires of your heart as you delight yourself in Him!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#351514 04/11/00 06:38 AM
P
POGP Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you all for your prayers and your friendship. If there is 'big news', I will post it. I will miss chatting with you, but I know it's what I need to do.<P>Joynicole, thanks for the asthma info., it was me that had that bad bout. My eye still flares up and I have to see a rheumatologist about that.<P>blessings,<BR>lizzie\pearl<P>

#351515 04/12/00 05:00 PM
L
L
Liz, I will miss you as well. There does come a time when the real world calls or the pain of the forums keeps you from making progress in your own marriage.<P>I wish you all of God's best.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10

#351516 04/13/00 09:29 PM
A
A
Lizzie,<BR>I will miss you too. Please keep in touch, and stop in for cyber-tea sometime. I am thankful for the time you've spent here, and for all your insightful posts. You are a treasure, and I pray that your H continues to know that. You'll be in our prayers,<P>AW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation