Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
It is simply horrifying that people have carried out so evil and complex a plan, killing thousands--those traveling on the commercial airplanes, military personnel in the Pentagon--a colonel told me earlier in the month that there are 10,000 cars in the parking lot, so at least that many people work there, those 100s to 1000s in the World Trade Centers....<P>God, take control of this situation, comfort the grieving, heal the hurt, and gather home those who have perished. Give President Bush and his staff and the other leaders of the world your great wisdom. Oh, Lord we pray in Jesus Name, crying at the unjustness....

Y
Y
Father we know nothing happens in your world by mistake. You warned us these times would come. I ask that you protect us and give guidance and instruction to those in authority and government. Help us as believers to continue to hold fast to Your word and remember that You already know the outcome. Help us to continue to trust You. Thank You Lord for Your protection, Your strength.

P
P
Dear God,<P>I thank you humbly for protecting the United States soil from full force terriorst activity for as long as you did. You know how vulerable we were and are.<P>I pray that you show your love and kindness on the families of the thousands dead. It is such a tragic loss to all of us. Please protect us from the ever increasing evil in this world. I pray that those that commited this are punished at your hands.<P>Again thank you for the oppratunity for us all to come together in this time of need. May you bless us all and show each and everyone of us how we can help those in need. Even the smallest act of giving blood shows Your glory.<P>In Jesus name.

T
T
Lord, Heavenly Father,<P>I come to you in great sadness, humble. I know Lord that I have felt a sense of security with the greatness of our nation, and this tragic act has brought me to realize that although we have had one of the most powerful nations on earth, we are not above reproach - and can find ourselves defensless without you. Father, I pray for forgiveness for our nation, for not humbling ourselves before you. Lord, I confess that our nation has not honored your ways, has stood among other nations as a prideful and domineering nation, and I ask for your forgiveness, and I pray for your mercy, and protection.<P>Father, I pray that our nation will turn from its wicked ways, confess our sins, and seek your face, so that you will heal our land.<P>In Jesus Name, <BR>Amen

Q
Q
Heavenly Father,<P>Things like this make me realize how precious life is... It makes me realize that although my family is far away, they are alive, healthy, and safe. That is worth everything!<P>I pray for the victims of this senseless tragedy... the innocent people who became pawns in a terrible plot... and those they've left behind. Give the families peace, dear Lord.<P>I pray for our country. I pray that this solidifies the people, not tears them apart. I ask that you give President Bush extra strength, and courage, to do what needs to be done. I pray that we can provide a positive energy that he can feel as he makes the horrid decisions he needs to make.<P>I pray for our world, Lord. I ask that somehow... somehow... something good can be learned from this.<P>In Jesus' Name,<P>Amen<P>May God have mercy on us all.

H
hw Offline
H
As i sit here I can still see the smoke rising from the world trade. A thin layer of ash covers everything outside. My h thankfully was in the denist chair in Brooklyn and not at work on Wall street. I have not heard from a friend that does work in the world trade. I told my h in tears that at times like this it makes it even harder. He agreed. I told him I missed him and he said he missed me too. I understand that he has gone back to the city to see if he can help.<P>Lord,<P>I lift all men and women whose loved ones didn't come home in prayer. We pray for their peace and that they run and rest in Your arms. Lord, we pray that this evil will be demolished this evening and that no other attacks occur. Lord, I pray for the rescue workers who have been killed also and those working long hours to help others. Lord, protect them.<P>Lord we lift the attackers to You. What kind of god do they serve that could possibly want and like this kind of attack. Lord, we pray that through this Your truth and love will prevail. That their hearts would be turned and that Your love will melt their hearts of stone and hate. Lord, let this unite not only the US but the world against this kind of response against human life.<P>We praise You and we know that YOu are in this and that You are and will bring good out of this. I pray that as many cry out to YOu that they will meet Jesus and come to know HIm as their Savior this day. <BR>On a personal note Lord, I pray that You will touch my h's heart and that He will come back to You. That he will see his need for You, Jesus. I pray this day that You, Lord, will give Jack life in Jesus Christ.<P>In Jesus name, Amen.

L
OP Offline
L
Yesterday I was heavy hearted and recognized the terrorism as true evil...and that always brings to mind what can God do? This morning on my walk, these were my thoughts:<P>1) The 4 planes were large, capable of each carrying 200-300 passengers, yet averaged less than 80 total. What took place in the spiritual realm to keep the passenger load so comparitively light?<P>2) Because on at least 2 of the flights passengers cell-phoned of the hijacking, they knew they were in trouble...it is likely that each had an opportunity to make their peace with God if they wished to do so.<P>3) Also the people in the process of evacuating, they had time.<P>We all know that we will die...for me, whether or not you are ready or can make ready is a key thought.<P>We were just in DC last month & Kev & I flew out of the Ronald Reagan airport separately. I asked him what he would have done if I had called that my plane was hijacked. He said, "I would have prayed with you."<P>I think this is one of the areas of God's tapestry that we will all check when we get to heaven to see God's workings, that we in no way understand at this time.<BR>

L
L
Dear friends:<BR> <BR>I'm so sorry about what happened in your country. I pray God may relieve those who are in pain and sorrow and stop the evil which has caused it. I guess there are no words which could express the sadness and horror many people are experiencing.<BR>I hope you and all your family and dear ones are OK.<BR>I think this is a point where we all have to ask ourselves about our beliefs and values.<BR>Please continue praying so forgiveness could take place instead of revenge and more pain.<BR> <BR>Lenchen<BR>

T
T
Father,<BR>I realized something - you said that if YOUR people would repent, humble themselves, and seek your face you would heal their land.<BR>Lord, I realize that means the Christian people who are living double-minded, all of us who are carnal Christians. I am that person, Lord, and I confess that I am not following your ways. I am a little in the world, and a little in yours. Lord, I KNOW that it is unacceptable to you, that you have given much, and therefore much is required. <BR>I know Lord, that I am a miserable excuse for a daughter, Lord. You sent your son to die for me, so that I could be worthy to be called your daughter. And here I am, still not living in your kingdom, but rather the world.<BR>There is a standard that you have set for me because you love me, and I focus down - at this world, at the flesh, instead of up - up to where your standard is lifted. Jesus is my standard, Lord. I will keep my eyes up, and I will live under the standard of your kingdom. <BR>I am a worthy daughter, through Jesus Christ, your son, my saviour. I praise you Father. You alone are holy. Amen<P>Listen People of God! The Lord says if HIS PEOPLE humble themselves, repent and seek His face, He would heal our land. <P>It is so easy to point a finger to the government, to our lawmakers, the liberal left, the whoremongers inside the government, etc. But God didn't say "The whoremongers need to humble themselves (etc.)" He said HIS PEOPLE! <P>But, the Lord told US (believers) to remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, ...He told us to be obedient, TO BE READY, and to do whatever is good. (Titus 3:1). <P>Lord, I am YOUR people, and I am turning back to you, away from sin, and I will seek YOUR face. I will be ready. I will look up. I know when your people (more than one) do this, you will heal our land. <P>This is a call to all of God's people (believers) in America - recognize that WE are the ones he is speaking to! - He lifted his hand of protection for a moment (not completely, he is merciful) - WE are the ones that must take action, internally, within. Please pray with me, that we will receive forgiveness, God will strengthen us, and our land would be healed.<P>In Jesus Name. <BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 660 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation