Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#355773 11/14/01 11:13 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Well, I got the last of the criminal reports today, and everyone will be happy to know (especially my mom [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] ) that I am not a criminal.<p>Now I need to pray to get the money together to file ($1,500)... boy, did I do a number on myself by moving, or what? Not to mention my poor husband, who can't seem to work enough to pay all these bills -- his part of the divorce debt (ex's debt that was given to him plus child support) equals half of his monthly pay! No wonder we aren't making it and have gone into his credit cards for monthly expenses!!Except now, the cards are maxed, and we have nothing to fall back on... man, what a mess.<p>I had something happen last night that I won't bore you with (it's my usual loooooooooooooong story) and have frankly been in quite a "bad place" for over a week. Somehow, Taj's message made me feel like my problems were very little in comparison -- my heart broke in a million pieces for her, and I thought, "How dare I complain about this crud?"... I'm sure most of you understand.<p>Just know that I need prayer, and support, and that I am doing my best to be a good Christian wife.<p>I am thankful to all of you who have stuck by me, held my hand (even cyberly [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ), and prayed for me over the last couple of years.<p>I truly am blessed... I just wish I could keep that fact foremost in my mind. Sometimes it seems easier to wallow in self-pity and doubt. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love you all,
Sheryl

#355774 11/15/01 02:02 PM
L
L
Sheryl,
Good to know that you are not a criminal, I'll cross that off my worry list. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Actually I must be very far behind on knowing whats up with you because I have little idea what you are talking about--moving yes, husband yes....<p>Money is just money until you don't have enough of it. I'm looking at a tax bill that was $1700 last year and a struggle, this year it is $2000+. Ick & tiresome.<p>Sometimes our past has set wheels in motion that have yet to run to a standstill...all we can do is go forward on God's path as it is now.<p>Sometimes the victories are small, and I'll share an itty bitty one with you. Last night Guard went out for a boy's night out. On our usual date night--which we haven't had for various reasons--mostly his--for 4 weeks. Ya with me? I'm not getting date night and now he wants to spend it out with the guys? So, I said, "If you want to go tonight, I'm not going to give you a hard time about it. But I do want you to know that in the weeks to come, if our regular date night is replaced with boy's night out, I won't be happy."<p>He said, "If I go, you won't give me a hard time?"<p>I said, "No."<p>"You want a date night?"<p>"Yes."<p>He went at 6:30, called at 9, was home at 10:30. I was asleep, not worrying. HUGE trust-step for me.<p>If you check your life, Sheryl, in amongst the difficulties, there are probably good steps happening. Troubles will keep coming, we've got an Enemy that will see to it.<p>Make your decisions now on now, on right, on God and there will be a way through the tough times, even if all you can see from your view are rocks and hills.<p>Take care {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sheryl}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

#355775 11/15/01 03:40 PM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Lor,<p>I love your little victory!! Yay!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Oh, my story is, as usual, plastered all over the place, but most recently here, on WBS. If you just change the days shown to 30 you'll see all my crud -- more than you'd ever EVER want to know! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I did check my files, and yes, you're right, I have much to be thankful for... namely a H who thinks I'm the moon and the stars, children who despite some pretty big obsticles adore me, friends who love me in spite of my weirdness ( [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] ) and most of all, a God who did not give up on me when I gave up on Him.<p>Yes, I have much to be thankful for...<p>(((((Lor)))))

#355776 11/15/01 07:55 PM
P
P
Hey Nyneve,<p>You said that you have "friends who love me in spite of my weirdness". Actually, we love you BECAUSE of it!<p>Glad to see that you are okay, and sorry I missed you last night. I got caught in a mini-crisis myself, but fortunately it was just work related!<p>Love,<p>Peppermint

#355777 11/15/01 08:11 PM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hello to SWEET, SWEET PEPPERMINT [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] , <p>We must find a way to connect!! I'm sorry I missed you too, and I'm glad yours was "only" work related (which can sometimes be so blasted annoying and painful, right??).<p>Thanks for loving me because of my weirdness... I love you too, and you're almost normal! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Big Hugs (((((Peppermint)))))

#355778 11/17/01 10:10 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
Sheryl,
Sounds like you are counting your blessings as you walk the walk of faith. I am blessed as well if anything in my experience has helped. One thing I have found out is that life is not fair! Now I realize that doesn't sound like a faith-centered person but actually God never promised any of us anything except that He would be with us in our walk.
I am so glad that you have a family and friends surrounding you who love and care for you. That in and of itself is reason to rejoice! The money will come Sheryl, just give the problem to God and somehow believe me He will take care of your needs.
Blessings, Taj

#355779 11/17/01 10:33 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Oh Taj, I know... I know... how how petty my problem seems sometimes, yet so HUGE, you know.<p>I am so good at giving things to God, but only for a moment before I snatch it back and take control... I've been on a rollercoaster of emotion lately too...<p>I must get a grip! I know this... sigh...<p>I wrote on your thread, and I so mean it -- share your memories with us... your last one made me cry, and that crying is very freeing... for all of us, I'm sure.<p>Love, Sheryl

#355780 11/17/01 10:46 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
Sheryl,
Never underestimate the power of a problem. They are hand picked by God to bring about something in your life which you otherwise would not receive. My situation is what God picked for me, I surely don't like it and I don't understand it either but I know God is Sovereign and He is still in control. I would never think anothers problems were petty in comparison just because I know that each of us is at a different place in our walk of faith. God wants you to lean hard on him with your financial situation and trust Him to bring about a solution. You may be surprised at how He works and His timing but He will undertake for you none the less. That tug of war with God over control is natural, but I know in your heart you want the God of Creation to call the shots. Until you can give it completely to Him I know He will continue to give you nudges to just trust Him.
Thanks for being on-line this morning Sheryl, you've made my day.
Blessings,
Taj

#355781 11/20/01 08:20 PM
C
cl Offline
C
HI Sheryl,
I thought everyone was a criminal in this day and age! Not many adults I know have escaped the legal arena in some way. Even many of our teens have experienced it-after all in many towns/cities it is illegal to skateboard!
You do have much to be thankful for, so keep that foremost in your mind.
(((((hugs))))) cl

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation